• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Online, but not online?

Jrh23

So I just tried driving last night for the first time. I live in a town that is known for its bars, so around 12:30 I went and sat downtown and went online and waited. Nothing for 2 hours. As I watched several thousand people leave the bars over those 2 hours, many of them climbed into an Uber or a taxi, but I received no pings. I went into the rider app while online in the driver app and found that my car was not on the map, but yet I was surrounded by about 6-7 others. Why is this? I'm new and frustrated and in desperate need of help, as you all know Uber CS is no good at all. Thank you in advance!
PS. I'm not sure if my car is an UberX or UberSelect and would love it if I could receive help finding this out as well!

-Jack

wk1102

Could be any number of reasons... most likely you are missing a document of some sort.

Some areas/counties/ cities require inspections or permits. Where i am, i need nothing extra but as soon as i cross tje county line (where an inspection is required) my car disappears from the rider app but im still online.

Where are you?

Jrh23

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm in Kane county, IL. My insurance registration and drivers license are all up to date. Do you know how I find out if I need any additional documentation?

qpcomma1

It would usually stop you from going further.. I would guess it to be a connection issue. Check that your not over data use. If it tries to send you a ping and cant for any reason. It might just decide not to try you again.

Jrh23

I have unlimited data so that couldn't be the issue, and the problem is still going on and everything else I do on my phone works fine. My only guess is that I'm in Chicagoland so I may have to go to an activation center and get an inspection?

qpcomma1

Oh man, ya. If you've never had someone in your car yet.. Do that. Im in the Twin Cities.. it required a inspection. But it wouldnt let me get anywhere near the map or anything until I had that inspection. Its wild that they dont make this info available easily.

Jrh23

I'll definitely get that inspection, it never asked for it but I have yet to get a single ping