Uber Drivers Forum banner

One way or another Uber will leave London

3K views 29 replies 18 participants last post by  London's Finest 
#1 ·
I would just like to inform everyone that Uber will lodge an appeal.
If the appeal is not accepted Uber will cease trading at the end of the 21 days.
If the appeal is accepted it would be down to the judge to reach a verdict if Uber are safe to carry on or not during this process.
If it’s down to public safety Uber may have to cease trading until the court case.
The biggest problem is the LTDA have very strong evidence that Uber’s business model does not comply with regulations.
Because of the way the drivers accept the bookings and not the operator.
I believe Uber were infotmed about this before the 4 mth extension
And Uber cannot change there software to bypass the Driver.
So if TFL don’t stop Uber trading LTDA will win the case against TFL and that will be the end of Uber.
Sorry for the bad news but this is how it will all turn out
Best of luck

#3 ·
If the appeal is not accepted Uber will cease trading at the end of the 21 days.
If the appeal is accepted it would be down to the judge to reach a verdict if Uber are safe to carry on or not during this process.
If it's down to public safety Uber may have to cease trading until the court case.
The biggest problem is the LTDA have very strong evidence that Uber's business model does not comply with regulations.
So if TFL don't stop Uber trading LTDA will win the case against TFL and that will be the end of Uber.
Best of luck
Weren't you an uber puppet in your previous life.
Same thing happened to keepitreal.
Uber fan to uber enemy no1.

#9 · (Edited)
Riders have uber rider app. This means they book through uber. The interest of 3.5 million London Riders and bread and butter of 40k drivers can not be ignored just to help anti competition and barriers of entry of black cabbies and those not please with Uber success.
It's not anti competition?
They do not adhere to the licensing rules.
Would you be saying the same if there were no rules and uber had the monopoly?

40000 drivers bull!
Maybe 40000 drivers that have their app installed.

3.5 million Londoners, my ass!
Half of these are tourists waiting at Heathrow airport straight from USA Europe and Asia.

#12 ·
If it's down to public safety Uber may have to cease trading until the court case.
The biggest problem is the LTDA have very strong evidence that Uber's business model does not comply with regulations.
So if TFL don't stop Uber trading LTDA will win the case against TFL and that will be the end of Uber.
Best of luck
Think you may be right mate.
Uber are about to leave the building.....
Taxi for Uber....

#14 ·
Best of luck
I might get a job lot of A to Zs & sell them outside Aldgate Towers what do you reckon ?

#17 ·
#23 ·
just got a heads up from one of your lot.
uber will now be getting licensed for 5 years come January.

supposedly it's all been decided already
they are just milking the media.
who knows the truth?

let's see how the story unfolds hey.

This can potentially mean our beloved part timers who can't drive in a straight line bless them
will be rewarding us with a steady stream of cat D hybrids all the way up to the ultra low emission deadline.

#29 ·
Best of luck
What will u do if uber closed ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.