• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

One star

jawjaw

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I only drive days. I do well enough and I know what I’m doing. I can imagine ratings would be worse at night. I have over 10,000 rides on uber/lyft. I’m not worried about deactivation or do I care about it. I just feel I do a good job and held a 4.96 for a long time. Lately I am getting a few 1 stars and more 4 stars. It’s not a big deal but it annoys me. I have changed nothing about how, when, or where I drive. I rarely take pool rides. I drive safe. I can read the passengers pretty well for conversation or silence. I don’t blast music. I’m polite. Drive a clean car. It’s just odd that I am having this recent string of bad ratings. I am still a 4.92. In over three years I don’t think it’s dipped any lower than 4.90. Lyft I am holding a 5.00

thanks everyone for your advice and comments.

Buck-a-mile

I only drive days. I do well enough and I know what I’m doing. I can imagine ratings would be worse at night. I have over 10,000 rides on uber/lyft. I’m not worried about deactivation or do I care about it. I just feel I do a good job and held a 4.96 for a long time. Lately I am getting a few 1 stars and more 4 stars. It’s not a big deal but it annoys me. I have changed nothing about how, when, or where I drive. I rarely take pool rides. I drive safe. I can read the passengers pretty well for conversation or silence. I don’t blast music. I’m polite. Drive a clean car. It’s just odd that I am having this recent string of bad ratings. I am still a 4.92. In over three years I don’t think it’s dipped any lower than 4.90. Lyft I am holding a 5.00

It may be a reaction to the recent fare increase.

CJfrom619

100% agree with Null. Never sacrifice your earnings by changing the times in which you drive or change anything about how you drive to try to improve meaningless a b.s rating. We all know ratings mean nothing.

I mean I have always had a high rating and I don’t understand why. I don’t cater or kick ass...im sarcastic and even rude to riders who give me attitude or are being antagonistic. I drive nights. I drive pool and sometimes riders with bad ratings if I think the ride will be a profitable one. When I give a ride I think nothing about trying to please my riders and more about myself having a stress free time and being as efficient as possible. Im always in a good mood but always act myself which is why I think alot of my riders like me and the ones that dont will at least respect me.

All drivers should take this advise-never worry about your rating. All it will do it cost you money and happiness. The reason I enjoy driving so much is because I don’t worry about the small sh#t like ratings. I act myself at all times and it feels amazing. I don’t hold back for nobody.

I understand everyone pov’s here. It’s normal for the OP to worry about his ratings falling. That’s a normal feeling. @Buck-a-mile was saying if you want better ratings then just drive better times and better passengers which is true...and @Null was saying never sacrifice earnings for ratings which is 100% correct.

Bottom line is never worry about your rating or retaliation from a rider. You will be much happier and have more money in your pocket with this in mind. How many drivers in the past went home after 1 bad ride or uncomfortable passenger? Cutting their days short because they let a stranger get to them with their attitude or getting 1 starred? Costing them money and going home in a bad mood. They win. That’s the challenge. Im always in a good mood but when I run into someone who hates the world and wants everyone they encounter to feel that same pain. That’s the challenge for me. Not matching their energy...very hard to do but when you don’t worry about retaliation or what that stranger thinks of you then it makes it very easy.

Man I felt like I just went off script and all over the place. Thats why I love this forum. Just say what’s on the mind.

Transportador

Ratings are not worse at night. I've driven 12500 rides on U/L in 5 years at night, both SF and SD. And SF also means East Bay, Oakland, Menlo Park, East Palo Alto, yikes. My ratings are 4.96 to 4.98 on U, 5.0 on Lyft.

Buck-a-mile

100% agree with Null. Never sacrifice your earnings by changing the times in which you drive or change anything about how you drive to try to improve meaningless a b.s rating. We all know ratings mean nothing.

I mean I have always had a high rating and I don’t understand why. I don’t cater or kick ass...im sarcastic and even rude to riders who give me attitude or are being antagonistic. I drive nights. I drive pool and sometimes riders with bad ratings if I think the ride will be a profitable one. When I give a ride I think nothing about trying to please my riders and more about myself having a stress free time and being as efficient as possible. Im always in a good mood but always act myself which is why I think alot of my riders like me and the ones that dont will at least respect me.

All drivers should take this advise-never worry about your rating. All it will do it cost you money and happiness. The reason I enjoy driving so much is because I don’t worry about the small sh#t like ratings. I act myself at all times and it feels amazing. I don’t hold back for nobody.

I understand everyone pov’s here. It’s normal for the OP to worry about his ratings falling. That’s a normal feeling. @Buck-a-mile was saying if you want better ratings then just drive better times and better passengers which is true...and @Null was saying never sacrifice earnings for ratings which is 100% correct.

Bottom line is never worry about your rating or retaliation from a rider. You will be much happier and have more money in your pocket with this in mind. How many drivers in the past went home after 1 bad ride or uncomfortable passenger? Cutting their days short because they let a stranger get to them with their attitude or getting 1 starred? Costing them money and going home in a bad mood. They win. That’s the challenge. Im always in a good mood but when I run into someone who hates the world and wants everyone they encounter to feel that same pain. That’s the challenge for me. Not matching their energy...very hard to do but when you don’t worry about retaliation or what that stranger thinks of you then it makes it very easy.

Man I felt like I just went off script and all over the place. Thats why I love this forum. Just say what’s on the mind.
He could have handled it a lot better. I ignored him so it doesn't matter now.

CJfrom619

He could have handled it a lot better. I ignored him so it doesn't matter now.
I have had a few interactions on here that I wish I had back. I know Null has one speed and can be a bit harsh at times but is full of knowledge and he knows his shit. That is for sure. I understand what you were saying.

Buck-a-mile

I have had a few interactions on here that I wish I had back. I know Null has one speed and can be a bit harsh at times but is full of knowledge and he knows his shit. That is for sure. I understand what you were saying.
Yea, I have known him since he started here.
Post automatically merged:

okay...i'm curious of all this rating talk. let me load up my rating and see how i've been doing? Dang it....someone out there gave me a 1*, two clients gave me a 3* and 14 clients gave me a 4*. That's basically 497 clients happy with my service. I'll check my rating out in a couple more months...for now I'm good!
Stay above 4.2 and your cool

Last edited:

Mr. MJG

Guys, we know ratings don't translate to money. But it's our ego that gets hurt sooooo badly, even with just one 1 star in 500 rides!
Believe it or not when on one platform if I don't do that many rides and I receive a 4-star rating I try to deduce which one passenger gave me that and one day I look back on the night before when I got a 4-star the lady was kind enough to give feedback. So it was easy to deduce the source of the four star. But she also gave a $5 tip. It is kind of funny that most of my four star ratings most likely come from Pool Riders. And for whatever stupid reason to me when I had that 4.99 going for a while it bummed me out when I got a three or two I just never liked to occupy the 4.98 space especially when some of the ones with open containers getting mad because I make them drink and toss before they enter my car.. I couldn't care less if they live in La Jolla or Rancho Santa Fe climbing into my Hyundai going two miles it just makes me feel good to put them in their place 😎👍.. and those are the four star people too.

Otaria

My ratings continue to take a hit. Another 1 Star and a 4 star yesterday. It has dropped from 4.96 to 4.92 in about a week. I’m doing nothing different than I have for three years. It’s so annoying. A bad luck streak that will not quit.
Just declined all low rate pax and all pool and will be up again

Seth619navy

I gave my first 2* last night after the waterfront concert. Friend of the account holder, asked if they could squeeze in 5. "Nope, that's illegal, mate". Dude huffed like a child. "Well, do you have any water then?" "Lol, that's a Uber Comfort luxury, mate. This is Uber X." Dude then tells me that I'm on strike #2. Mind you, he's not even the one who ordered the ride (she seemed nice, but she didn't tell him once to shut his pie hole, hence the 2*). Dude then asks for a tissue, so I give him a few napkins from the glove box. Dude blows his nose twice and then leaves the snotty tissue in the back door cupholder. I'm about to turn into Travis Bickle soon if these little entitled d-bags keep it up...

Null

I gave my first 2* last night after the waterfront concert. Friend of the account holder, asked if they could squeeze in 5. "Nope, that's illegal, mate". Dude huffed like a child. "Well, do you have any water then?" "Lol, that's a Uber Comfort luxury, mate. This is Uber X." Dude then tells me that I'm on strike #2. Mind you, he's not even the one who ordered the ride (she seemed nice, but she didn't tell him once to shut his pie hole, hence the 2*). Dude then asks for a tissue, so I give him a few napkins from the glove box. Dude blows his nose twice and then leaves the snotty tissue in the back door cupholder. I'm about to turn into Travis Bickle soon if these little entitled d-bags keep it up...
First 2 star?

I tossed out 1s like there's no tomorrow. U/L never will take action on poor rated pax, so anything that is worth down rating for is a a 1, since, if there is going to be any effect it'll only be them not getting picked up. To achieve that you need to tank that average.

jawjaw

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Received another one star. My fault. I knew to cancel and I didn’t because I was just trying to get closer to home. Always trust your instincts to cancel!

on my way to pick up. I get a message from someone saying it’s their dad I’m picking up. She said he is sick and can hardly walk so to go to the closest entrance of the building. I wrote back that maybe a medical transport would be better if he was sick and couldn’t walk. I’m not a medical transport! She writes back that he is only going to dialysis and should be fine. At this moment I should have cancelled but I felt a little compassion for someone who had to go through this all the time.

I picked him up. A nice older man. No problems. This morning I see a one star for pick up quality and service quality. It had to be them. She was mad that I suggested that I am not a medical transport. Instead of tipping me for going way above and beyond I was penalized with a one star. I’m falling fast. 4.91 now with 8 one star ratings. All false accusations and mostly recent. On top of this insult. I got paid $6 for this ride and uber got paid $7. I’m getting near my breaking point of quitting for good.

Transportador

Received another one star. My fault. I knew to cancel and I didn’t because I was just trying to get closer to home. Always trust your instincts to cancel!

on my way to pick up. I get a message from someone saying it’s their dad I’m picking up. She said he is sick and can hardly walk so to go to the closest entrance of the building. I wrote back that maybe a medical transport would be better if he was sick and couldn’t walk. I’m not a medical transport! She writes back that he is only going to dialysis and should be fine. At this moment I should have cancelled but I felt a little compassion for someone who had to go through this all the time.

I picked him up. A nice older man. No problems. This morning I see a one star for pick up quality and service quality. It had to be them. She was mad that I suggested that I am not a medical transport. Instead of tipping me for going way above and beyond I was penalized with a one star. I’m falling fast. 4.91 now with 8 one star ratings. All false accusations and mostly recent. On top of this insult. I got paid $6 for this ride and uber got paid $7. I’m getting near my breaking point of quitting for good.
Dude, hang in there. Don't let one bad apple ruin your whole bushel. Most pax are normal nice people. About 1% are complete evil.

I just had two in Rancho Santa Fe the other day who got in the wrong car, immediately cursed me out for not taking them home. I had to call the police. And this was in my 2015 ML350! @@@@@@@@ are everywhere. Don't let them get to you.

Buck-a-mile

Dude, hang in there. Don't let one bad apple ruin your whole bushel. Most pax are normal nice people. About 1% are complete evil.

I just had two in Rancho Santa Fe the other day who got in the wrong car, immediately cursed me out for not taking them home. I had to call the police. And this was in my 2015 ML350! @@@@@@@@ are everywhere. Don't let them get to you.
They are too freaking stupid to get in the right car, but it's your fault?