• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

One star

jawjaw

Hello all,

I drive days and have been doing this for thousands of trips on both uber and lyft. My lyft rating is 5.00 which was once the hardest to keep a high rating. My Uber is a 4.93 after holding a 4.96 for a long time. Lately I have been getting the 1 Star much more frequently.
I now have 6 after getting another yesterday whom I suspect was from college sport dudes going to PB. They were your usual disrespectful PB mentality. I knew I should have down rated them but I usually don’t care and give everyone a five unless it’s a really out of the ordinary passenger.

I know it doesn’t matter but still sucks when you are doing a service and a good job and instead of a tip they give you a one star. It makes me upset at this entire phony rating system and the fact that we are not appreciated for giving a quality service at such low wages.

Do you think most give the one star to gain some free ride credits? Or what is the purpose of rating someone poorly who did you a nice service? Are passengers angry the prices have gone up?

How do you avoid the college and the PB crowd? Which areas do you get your worst ratings? How many 1 star ratings does everyone have?

I know most long term drivers don’t care much about the ratings but it does bum me out to hit a rough patch when I am doing nothing different from all the other 5 star rides.

A rider should have to write in why it’s a one star in order to leave that rating.

Anyhow, not a big deal. Just needed to rant for a minute and see what everyone’s thoughts were and how many one stars you all have.

Last edited:
For me I try to follow these simple rules:

1) Stay away from Pool Rides. They expect the most, rarely tip and often are the culprit of giving 1 stars

2) Its better to cancel the ride before picking up a passenger you know will be an issue. Example: 4 youngsters come out each holding a red solo cup with alcohol. Its better to cancel and drive away than to tell them to drink up or dump. They will tell you last driver drove them and when you resist they will comply but give you a one star.

3) Cancel on anyone that calls or texts you right away that they are late.

4) Cancel rides that have multiple stops. Its better to cancel than to give them your policy that you will only wait 3 minutes.

5) Always apologize if you mess up. We all miss exits or hit a dip too hard. Its best to own up to your mistake and give them a genuine apology instead of trying to act as if it didn't happen.

6) Always give them a parting statement using their name. Example, have a nice weekend Ted.

Buck-a-mile

1) Stay away from Pool Rides. They expect the most, rarely tip and often are the culprit of giving 1 stars

2) Its better to cancel the ride before picking up a passenger you know will be an issue. Example: 4 youngsters come out each holding a red solo cup with alcohol. Its better to cancel and drive away than to tell them to drink up or dump. They will tell you last driver drove them and when you resist they will comply but give you a one star.

4) Cancel rides that have multiple stops. Its better to cancel than to give them your policy that you will only wait 3 minutes.

5) Always apologize if you mess up. We all miss exits or hit a dip too hard. Its best to own up to your mistake and give them a genuine apology instead of trying to act as if it didn't happen.

6) Always give them a parting statement using their name. Example, have a nice weekend Ted.
I don't think pool riders can rate in San Diego. Not real sure, anyone else know?

Transportador

Anyhow, not a big deal. Just needed to rant for a minute and see what everyone’s thoughts were and how many one stars you all have.
Dude, don't sweat it. Most if not all of us have a few 1 stars that are unwarranted. Just look at the comments that you get with some 5 stars and ignore the weirdo that gave you the 1 star.

Not that I'm saying I'm perfect, but when you consistently get "excellent" service badges with 498 five/four stars in the last 500 rides, you have to know that the guy who 1 starred you is a real idiot!

jawjaw

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I

I do all of the above. Sometimes you just can’t know who is gonna be a problem until you already started the ride. Yesterday I knew right away after starting the ride that these are exactly the people I try to avoid. It was 1 girl in front seat, 3 guys in the back. They never spoke to me, acknowledged me, or were friendly at all. I was initially very friendly and then quiet on the 25 minute drive. They talked to each other and watched their phones. You never know who gave the one star but you can always tell when it’s awkward and then watch your rating drop.

Blushark

okay...i'm curious of all this rating talk. let me load up my rating and see how i've been doing? Dang it....someone out there gave me a 1*, two clients gave me a 3* and 14 clients gave me a 4*. That's basically 497 clients happy with my service. I'll check my rating out in a couple more months...for now I'm good!

Transportador

okay...i'm curious of all this rating talk. let me load up my rating and see how i've been doing? Dang it....someone out there gave me a 1*, two clients gave me a 3* and 14 clients gave me a 4*. That's basically 497 clients happy with my service. I'll check my rating out in a couple more months...for now I'm good!
Hey Mr. Shark. Does that mean your rating is lower than mine now, hahaha. 4.98

jawjaw

Been doing this three years. Never had so many 1 stars. I have 6 now. All are pretty recent which is just bad luck on uber. However I am on a very lucky Lyft rating and have nothing but 5 stars for months. Uber I have nine 4 star, two 3 stars, and 6 one stars. All most likely looking for a free ride credit.

Transportador

Been doing this three years. Never had so many 1 stars. I have 6 now. All are pretty recent which is just bad luck on uber. However I am on a very lucky Lyft rating and have nothing but 5 stars for months. Uber I have nine 4 star, two 3 stars, and 6 one stars. All most likely looking for a free ride credit.
Man, that's bad 6 one stars. You do need to stay away from those pax, or at least one star them back when you smell like they're trouble.

Buck-a-mile

I've got two one Stars, One for air conditioning on. And the other one for talking.

Most of my complements are for good conversation. Go figure.

William Fenton

Pax have a werk to rate the ride so we really have no way of knowing which pax gave the low rating or which ride. Lyft started giving you a 5 star if the pax didn't give a rating. With uber it is the last 500 ratings, not rides. That 1 star can be there a while because a lot of pax don't rate.
I agree that a pax should have to give a specific reason for a 3 or lower. I also think uber should let us know which rides gave us a low rating.

jawjaw

Pax have a werk to rate the ride so we really have no way of knowing which pax gave the low rating or which ride. Lyft started giving you a 5 star if the pax didn't give a rating. With uber it is the last 500 ratings, not rides. That 1 star can be there a while because a lot of pax don't rate.
I agree that a pax should have to give a specific reason for a 3 or lower. I also think uber should let us know which rides gave us a low rating.
That explains my perfect 5 star on Lyft. I don’t think many people rate anymore on uber. I use to get many compliments but those are now very few and far in between. Lyft has the better system. All non rated rides should be a 5. It’s such an insult to not be tipped and to get a poor rating instead. I don’t think I can take it anymore. It’s too much to be ripped off from uber and lyft and not appreciated by the passengers. I’m hitting a new low in this gig. I love parts of the job but despise the other parts more and more.

Buck-a-mile

Lyft really screwed us over in the beginning, so I haven't really forgiven them. 20 minute pings and if I didn't accept them they would lower my score. Joke Lyft. $2500 deductible for instance. REALLY?

Seth619navy

Do these pax get coddled by U/L for giving a 1 star? Like, does U/L reach out to them to find out what the problem was and then apologize and offer them a deal on the next ride? Just curious as to how these scumbags low rate us for no gotdamn reason.

jawjaw

Do these pax get coddled by U/L for giving a 1 star? Like, does U/L reach out to them to find out what the problem was and then apologize and offer them a deal on the next ride? Just curious as to how these scumbags low rate us for no gotdamn reason.
That’s what I think. They must get some discount. Otherwise, what would be the motivation to give a hard working friendly driver in a clean and safe car a one star rating. There are also just miserable and unhappy people. Maybe it makes them feel better about themselves.