One star situations

JoeyA

I know there will be obvious situations where the PAX deserves 1 star and nothing more. Like when the drunk PAX grabbed my phone out of my hand to look at it and thought it was funny. I also gave 1 star when I showed up and I find 4 under 18 teenagers that want to get in. I gave them 1 star because they were all under aged and using their parents account.

I think the lady pool rider that says she usually tips but only has a credit card today, should get a 1 star also - do you guys agree?

Can you guys give me a situation where 1 star rating is well deserved?

SurgeorSuckit

any damage to your car (puke, other bodily fluids, etc), anything that impedes your safe driving, just being an assh*le, yelling out the window at people, pax putting hands on driver, etc. you get the idea

PorkRollUberAndCheese

I know there will be obvious situations where the PAX deserves 1 star and nothing more. Like when the drunk PAX grabbed my phone out of my hand to look at it and thought it was funny. I also gave 1 star when I showed up and I find 4 under 18 teenagers that want to get in. I gave them 1 star because they were all under aged and using their parents account.

I think the lady pool rider that says she usually tips but only has a credit card today, should get a 1 star also - do you guys agree?

I think you're misguided on a few things.

One star ratings should only be reserved for passengers who are a safety concern.

The person who grabbed your phone, absolutely should be one starred.

The teenagers should not have been one-Starred at all and your logic is DUMB. You either cancel the ride OR if you take the ride, let their behavior on the ride dictate the rating. So what if a teenager is using heir parents account? It's a dumb TOS rule. Are you still getting paid? Yes? Shut up and drive.

I've long said before one-starring people for not tipping is absolutely the dumbest thing you can do. Here's why:

I use the rating as a judge to see if the person I'm picking up is going to be a problem or not. One starring for not tipping basically indicates they are a perfectly fine rider, but some ass decided that wasn't good enough. Forget that. 80% of riders don't tip. Of that, 78% were perfectly fine.

The rating system is basically to help other drivers be more selective in their pickups. By one-starring people for DUMB reasons, you are screwing it up for other drivers.

MadCityDriver

Sure, three very drunk guys, not at pick up point. Once I find them they proceed to horse around jumping on each other, wrestling, ect. until they get in my car. They then proceed to discuss as we get moving, at the tops of their voices, what locations we should stop at for food (hm, might want to check with the driver on that). We get to a stop light just before one of the food locations, and they decide we should stop there and I will just wait for them (ah, bar time, surge, my part of the base wait time pay is $.16/min, so at 1.5 surge it's .24 cents/min versus getting another ride? I don't think that's happening, and again, not asking, just informing me/entitled assuming that I will do this). They get out, I end the ride. One Star.

Next, guy get into my car and then spends the entire ride telling me how Uber sucks and how no driver can ever find him (uh, you DID make it into my vehicle soooo.....) which I'm SURE has nothing to do with his level of intoxication, and how I should make such a greater effort to make sure I find every rider even if they are a no-show and the step-by-step process I should use to contact every rider because it is completely my responsibility to ensure we meet up and how this is not even partly the riders responsibility in any way.

3rd - Intoxicated couple gets in, woman in the back, man in the front next to me. They then proceed to fight the entire trip, not really all that long of a ride. We get to the destination, and the woman insists I am on the wrong street. Nope, we aren't. They she insists we are on the right street, but on the South side of the capitol not the North side. Er, if we were on the South side we'd be looking at the county courthouse not an apartment building. She then calls her friend in the apartment building and refuses to get out until her friend comes down and she knows she is in the right place. Now, I have a follow-up ride already set up so those people are waiting on her. Finally her friend shows up at the door and she is forced to admit we are in the correct location.

All riders I would rather sit empty in a parking lot than get for another trip, all three get one stars. BTW, I drive a lot of bartime, and I expect some people to be intoxicated, heck most. Happy drunks I like, quiet drunks are no problem, but stupid and/or angry drunks get one stars, let someone else drive them next time.

JoeyA

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think you're misguided on a few things.

One star ratings should only be reserved for passengers who are a safety concern.

The person who grabbed your phone, absolutely should be one starred.

The teenagers should not have been one-Starred at all and your logic is DUMB. You either cancel the ride OR if you take the ride, let their behavior on the ride dictate the rating. So what if a teenager is using heir parents account? It's a dumb TOS rule. Are you still getting paid? Yes? Shut up and drive.

I've long said before one-starring people for not tipping is absolutely the dumbest thing you can do. Here's why:

I use the rating as a judge to see if the person I'm picking up is going to be a problem or not. One starring for not tipping basically indicates they are a perfectly fine rider, but some ass decided that wasn't good enough. Forget that. 80% of riders don't tip. Of that, 78% were perfectly fine.

The rating system is basically to help other drivers be more selective in their pickups. By one-starring people for DUMB reasons, you are screwing it up for other drivers.
Dude, I'm here seeking advice, not for u to call my logic dumb. If you don't know how to write, without offending, don't reply to posts. That simple! Don't call my logic dumb, cause im just learning stuff. Try and give good advice, don't make people regret asking questions. Thanks

Last edited:

JoeyA

Sure, three very drunk guys, not at pick up point. Once I find them they proceed to horse around jumping on each other, wrestling, ect. until they get in my car. They then proceed to discuss as we get moving, at the tops of their voices, what locations we should stop at for food (hm, might want to check with the driver on that). We get to a stop light just before one of the food locations, and they decide we should stop there and I will just wait for them (ah, bar time, surge, my part of the base wait time pay is $.16/min, so at 1.5 surge it's .24 cents/min versus getting another ride? I don't think that's happening, and again, not asking, just informing me/entitled assuming that I will do this). They get out, I end the ride. One Star.

Next, guy get into my car and then spends the entire ride telling me how Uber sucks and how no driver can ever find him (uh, you DID make it into my vehicle soooo.....) which I'm SURE has nothing to do with his level of intoxication, and how I should make such a greater effort to make sure I find every rider even if they are a no-show and the step-by-step process I should use to contact every rider because it is completely my responsibility to ensure we meet up and how this is not even partly the riders responsibility in any way.

3rd - Intoxicated couple gets in, woman in the back, man in the front next to me. They then proceed to fight the entire trip, not really all that long of a ride. We get to the destination, and the woman insists I am on the wrong street. Nope, we aren't. They she insists we are on the right street, but on the South side of the capitol not the North side. Er, if we were on the South side we'd be looking at the county courthouse not an apartment building. She then calls her friend in the apartment building and refuses to get out until her friend comes down and she knows she is in the right place. Now, I have a follow-up ride already set up so those people are waiting on her. Finally her friend shows up at the door and she is forced to admit we are in the correct location.

All riders I would rather sit empty in a parking lot than get for another trip, all three get one stars. BTW, I drive a lot of bartime, and I expect some people to be intoxicated, heck most. Happy drunks I like, quiet drunks are no problem, but stupid and/or angry drunks get one stars, let someone else drive them next time.
Thanks for your advice man. I haven't had more than one drunk in my car at once, and I'm hoping when it happens that I will rate appropriately.

PorkRollUberAndCheese

Dude, I'm here seeking advice, and don't quite feel your need for rude name calling. If you don't know how to write, without offending, don't reply to my posts. Name calling is for people who can't express themselves well. That fukin simple! Don't ever call me dumb, cause you don't sound too bright yourself. Give advice, don't criticize. Learn the difference.
You're seeking advice by starting a bunch of threads when a majority of your questions could be answered by reading the new drivers thread OR searching.

And I said your logic was dumb. Not you. But obviously since your reading comprehension is now in question it may be swaying my opinion a bit.

I was one of the early adopters of Uber here. I've seen a lot, and I make decent money doing it. You don't want to listen to me, fine. I know I'm abrasive but I may have a couple of ideas that work.

Uber00

Dude, I'm here seeking advice, and don't quite feel your need for rude name calling. If you don't know how to write, without offending, don't reply to my posts. Name calling is for people who can't express themselves well. That simple! Don't ever call me dumb, cause you don't sound too bright yourself. Give advice, don't criticize. Learn the difference.
Just wanted to point out that he said your logic was dumb, not you..

You both seem intelligent. No fighting please

SibeRescueBrian

Dude, I'm here seeking advice, and don't quite feel your need for rude name calling. If you don't know how to write, without offending, don't reply to my posts. Name calling is for people who can't express themselves well. That simple! Don't ever call me dumb, cause you don't sound too bright yourself. Give advice, don't criticize. Learn the difference.
First of all, the man DID you solid advice. Second of all, he didn't call YOU dumb, he said that your logic is. There's a big difference there. By coming to this forum and asking questions, that makes you smarter than probably 90% of the other drivers out there. Here's the rub though. When you ask questions, you may not like all the responses. The trick is to take what applies, and let the rest go. There's never any need for confrontation here.

Golf75830

Could you please stop creating threads? Ok cool thanks.

njctuberx

Vomit gets one star. Not just for the disgusting mess, but because this rider is an aspiration risk. I don't need anyone dying in my car, police reports delay me getting back on the road.
Also definable behaviors which are unsafe get one star. It's not just the precious rider's life in my hands, it's my own and others who just happen to be on the road.
Persistence in trying to get me break the law is another one star situation for me. You can try to cram 5 people in and ask me to speed. If you keep trying to get me to do what absolutely will not happen... one star (or cancellation.)
Then there are the other situations where the rudeness is unbearable and I'm in the mood for revenge... just being honest.
*On a side note, I do drive teenagers. I'm fully aware of Uber's TOS, but it is what it is. They tend to create surge after school and before their midnight curfews on the weekends. There's always the exception, but teens tend to be more respectful to myself and my car than millennials. I also think it's awesome that they're growing up relying on Uber and not trying their luck behind the wheel.

JoeyA

Vomit gets one star. Not just for the disgusting mess, but because this rider is an aspiration risk. I don't need anyone dying in my car, police reports delay me getting back on the road.
Also definable behaviors which are unsafe get one star. It's not just the precious rider's life in my hands, it's my own and others who just happen to be on the road.
Persistence in trying to get me break the law is another one star situation for me. You can try to cram 5 people in and ask me to speed. If you keep trying to get me to do what absolutely will not happen... one star (or cancellation.)
Then there are the other situations where the rudeness is unbearable and I'm in the mood for revenge... just being honest.
*On a side note, I do drive teenagers. I'm fully aware of Uber's TOS, but it is what it is. They tend to create surge after school and before their midnight curfews on the weekends. There's always the exception, but teens tend to be more respectful to myself and my car than millennials. I also think it's awesome that they're growing up relying on Uber and not trying their luck behind the wheel.
Thats good for me. I like what you wrote and how you wrote it. I thank you for that tid bit of knowledge and valuable points. Thank you.

Stan07

Pax with pet (non service)
Pax with Mc Donald's or smelly foods
Pax with 45 bags from Wal-Mart
Pax with unfinished cigarette in pocket
Wannabe backseat drivers who thinks you are idiot and can't even follow gps
Cheap pax who request extra stop but no tip.

JoeyA

Pax with pet (non service)
Pax with Mc Donald's or smelly foods
Pax with 45 bags from Wal-Mart
Pax with unfinished cigarette in pocket
Wannabe backseat drivers who thinks you are idiot and can't even follow gps
Cheap pax who request extra stop but no tip.
I had a pax make me wait 10 mins then ask me to stop at quick check. No tip. I felt used. This is the advice i need. Im to nice to these pax. They probably can tell im new. I give 5 stars away like candy. smh

Uber-licious

Any .87 ride deserves a big fat 1

Stan07

I had a pax make me wait 10 mins then ask me to stop at quick check. No tip. I felt used. This is the advice i need. Im to nice to these pax. They probably can tell im new. I give 5 stars away like candy. smh
Rule number 1: Don't be soft.

UberwhoIaM

Thats good for me. I like what you wrote and how you wrote it. I thank you for that tid bit of knowledge and valuable points. Thank you.

I second that on everything but the minors. Although I respect your decision to do this I myself don't have it happen often and when I do is usually short rides. The amount of money I could possibly make isn't worth the risk of something going wrong. My decision has nothing to do with UBERs TOS but the possible ramifications if GOD FORBID AN ACCIDENT OR SOMETHING ELSE SERIOUS went wrong. "Daddy he touched my pee pee" Total exaggeration but you get my thinking on it. Even with a cam (video/sound) somethings are just not in your favor if someone wants to totally screw you. I also think there maybe a insurance issue with it but have no proof to that. I know for sure a minor can't make a contract. And the other rule that you're breaking is the account holder is not present. To me I don't need the headache.
But to be completely honest if I was on a 3-4x (.87) or 2x (1.72) surge and they were driving over 8-10 miles I would take the risk. Call me a hypocrite but $$$ talks.

njctuberx

I had a pax ping me in Whippany, 5:30am on Monday. 15min. away (I just dropped off in Denville.) It's was snowing a little as well. I was literally the only car for MILES. I figured it was a ewr call as it was a Courtyard by Marriott. Nope... This lady gets in, wants me to take her to Panera, wait for her to order coffee and food, then back to the hotel to pick up 4 suitcases and 3 friends and drop off at Morristown Airport. Adding up all legs of the trip would have been 8 miles. I told her I don't usually do this, but if she's quick...
I get to Panera. I wait 5 minutes, then walk in to see if she was ready. Rudely, she told me "8 more minutes." I said "ok."
I went to the car, cancelled, one starred and reported her for tracking snow and dirt... 20 dollar fee paid to me... Buh-bye