One pretty sure way to get 5 stars

_Tron_

The best 5-star advice I've ever seen posted here is to help people into the car with an umbrella when its raining. After that the top rating is yours to lose.

Not quite as good, but I bough a small 2oz bottle of sanitizer spray and have been offering my riders a quick spritz when they get in the car. I keep hold of the bottle and just reach around and spray their outstretched hands

I didn't really think it through beyond just making for a safer ride, but people react very positively to the offer (which they always accept). Haven't gotten anything less than 5 stars since doing that.

1594145764244.png

mbd

The best 5-star advice I've ever seen posted here is to help people into the car with an umbrella when its raining. After that the top rating is yours to lose.

Not quite as good, but I bough a small 2oz bottle of sanitizer spray and have been offering my riders a quick spritz when they get in the car. I keep hold of the bottle and just reach around and spray their outstretched hands

I didn't really think it through beyond just making for a safer ride, but people react very positively to the offer (which they always accept). Haven't gotten anything less than 5 stars since doing that.

View attachment 483382
I offer down windows and they are happy.
One pax gave me a small fan, USB compatible/battery ... it barely makes a difference, but barely is okay.

Uber Crack

Author
I think those are great ideas.

My top 5 ways to earn 5 stars.
1. How you drive. Always smooth, check mirrors often, look awake, two hands on the wheel at 10 and 2, no rapid acceleration or harsh breaking, and stopping for pick up and drop off in safe spots. That's 95% of it right there.
2. Clean car. Cleanest you can get then clean it some more. People should not know that there are windows there. Shake off car mats every couple of rides. Quit being lazy. Not rocket science. 🤷 And NO smells. Use ozium. Take a shower! Brush your teeth and hair!
3. Engage in conversation or not, as appropriate. Read your rider. Learn that skill. I give them two chances to talk to me by asking two things. After that I keep quiet and wait for them to engage. If not, silence is best.
4. Music 🎶 Come on! Not everyone likes the same thing. Play what retail stores play because that's been tested to be least offensive to most. No ads or commentary and at a low vol.
5. Heat / coolth. I keep my car at 70° F 365 days a year. Again not rocket science.

Bam - there's your 5 stars, you're welcome.

SpinalCabbage

View attachment 483382
I just spray them with Lysol as soon as the door shuts. But oddly my rating is gong down!

I'm kidding. I'm not even driving.

Classified

Here’s my tips ,

- can be a gps delay. A txt on arrival won’t hurt

- I like 💕 your umbrella idea, might have to get one, would be great for airport runs, while loading and unloading. And if you have fabric seats. Lessens chance of wet seats,

-greet rider politely. Good morning, good evening,etc how are you, or how’s it going, confirm destination, Incase they enter wrong address

- if they have luggage, help. Open up your boot,

- now keep quiet, don’t say a word. Unless they start asking questions, then they want to talk,

- keep both hands on the wheel, it’s professional.

- sit properly in your seat, the headrest on your seat is called a headrest for a reason.its for your head, Too many drivers don’t use it, and slouch their neck.

-tilt the centre interior mirror up, riders dont want you looking at them thru it, that mirror is pointless.

- have radio on a acceptable level, and stereotype music types. I usually only play the one station, but as example if I get a old person they won’t want pop music, and a young person won’t want classical

-drive properly, no point racing to a red light, if you see it’s red. Slow down, and be ready to smoothly get up to speed.No harsh braking

- near end of trip, ask so your going just up here,

-end of trip, friendly have a good day/night etc

-having any car but a Prius helps, and any colour that’s not white/grey/black, Bo

And Don’t offer mints, water, temp, ask preferred route. Aux cable, music Choice, You Seem too eager to pleaseZ
Post automatically merged:

I’m 4.93-4.96 star, 25,000 trips in over 4years,

Fusion_LUser

Back when I drove passengers, the best Pandora stations I found for pax were Jackson Browne and Eagles. Volume on low. Who doesn't love Running on Empty or Hotel California?
SiriusXM Road Trip Radio works very well with pax and provides a laugh every so often on the longer rides. Going from Johnny Cash to Styx to Lil Nas X with Billy Ray Cyrus...

I'm with @Uber Crack on (1) and (2) as well... smooth driving wins every time. Pax want to arrive safely and don't want to be tossed around in the back seat. I keep all our cars super clean so pax just benefit from that and that the #1 compliment I get... that my car is super clean.

Selector19

View attachment 483382
What about some Fiji water?