One off uber Payment

So since we all or most of us got the notification from Uber stating we would be getting$140 or $700, $1400 or $14040 most people on here have looked at ways to criticise Uber or find some sort of negative about it.
The other day I picked up an uber driver who just bagged the hell out of uber about everything from payments to passengers to the way uber carries out its business to the recently announced payments to drivers. His attitude was to pick up passengers with only high ratings don’t drive further than 8 mins to pickup avoid picking up at pubs, clubs and the list goes on.
Come on guys. If you don’t like uber simple quit. But if you are going to drive then follow the uber guidelines. I’ve been here from the start and I still have a rating of 4:98. I take every ride that comes to me. I drive 30 minutes to pick up riders requardless of how far they are going. It’s because what goes around comes around. I know that if I travel for a ride I’m next in line for a good ride because that’s how the algorithm works.
As I said if your not happy quit. Just do the job under there rules and stop whinging about everything about Uber. No matter the work or where you work we all have issues in work places but you all need to remember you chose to work for uber and you chose there ways. I guess when everyone gets there money on Friday or Saturday or whenever it is you will take that money and not give it back.
We can all agree that sometimes we think the way uber works is not fair or not right but it’s our choice to accept or decline. Not whinge after the fact and say negative things to turn new drivers off.
We are all grown ups here but with some of the threads I read I have some real doubt over whether or not there are kids drivers out here.
Just grow up and take it for what it is..

Golfer

So since we all or most of us got the notification from Uber stating we would be getting$140 or $700, $1400 or $14040 most people on here have looked at ways to criticise Uber or find some sort of negative about it.
The other day I picked up an uber driver who just bagged the hell out of uber about everything from payments to passengers to the way uber carries out its business to the recently announced payments to drivers. His attitude was to pick up passengers with only high ratings don’t drive further than 8 mins to pickup avoid picking up at pubs, clubs and the list goes on.
Come on guys. If you don’t like uber simple quit. But if you are going to drive then follow the uber guidelines. I’ve been here from the start and I still have a rating of 4:98. I take every ride that comes to me. I drive 30 minutes to pick up riders requardless of how far they are going. It’s because what goes around comes around. I know that if I travel for a ride I’m next in line for a good ride because that’s how the algorithm works.
As I said if your not happy quit. Just do the job under there rules and stop whinging about everything about Uber. No matter the work or where you work we all have issues in work places but you all need to remember you chose to work for uber and you chose there ways. I guess when everyone gets there money on Friday or Saturday or whenever it is you will take that money and not give it back.
We can all agree that sometimes we think the way uber works is not fair or not right but it’s our choice to accept or decline. Not whinge after the fact and say negative things to turn new drivers off.
We are all grown ups here but with some of the threads I read I have some real doubt over whether or not there are kids drivers out here.
Umm there is a little more about today ,than the insignificance of our feelings about uber :thumbdown: (ANZAC DAY )

ST DYMPHNA son

...Good men...uber must love you...there is a song you can "mumble" while driving,hope you enjoy it,great song...

Beepbeep41

First off - Uber pays really badly, they could pay better but they keep it for themselves.

2ndly - The one off payment is a move in the correct direction but if you were a driver who got the 14k for 20,000 trips you might now be on $16 an hour because of that... All other payment rewards for driver were small. Uber made the 20,000 trip bonus because there simply isn’t many drivers who have hung around that long.

3rdly - “Quit if you don’t like it” you say... Basically anyone who does a lot of Uber driving is doing it because it is Uber or unemployment benefits. That’s the choice if they quit. I do it because the Mrs does shift work & I also have young kids so I’ve got to work around a lot of stuff. It’s easy to get a job if you can work when they want but it’s really hard to get a job that will let you work when you want.

4thly - “do every job even ones 30mins away. The algorithm puts you next in line for a good one” that simply isn’t the case! If you drive out to woop woop to do a job thats 5min down the pub chances are there won’t be another job for a long time and you will have to drive closer to the city.

Conclusion - Uber is kilometres over money made. Not money by hourly rate. If you wanna last as an Uber Driver you gotta make every trip count! Wait for work then get home on a fare also. Taxi charges $2.17 per k, Uber charges $1.15 per k %90 of the time. Theirs no room to move!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
First off - Uber pays really badly, they could pay better but they keep it for themselves.

2ndly - The one off payment is a move in the correct direction but if you were a driver who got the 14k for 20,000 trips you might now be on $16 an hour because of that... All other payment rewards for driver were small. Uber made the 20,000 trip bonus because there simply isn’t many drivers who have hung around that long.

3rdly - “Quit if you don’t like it” you say... Basically anyone who does a lot of Uber driving is doing it because it is Uber or unemployment benefits. That’s the choice if they quit. I do it because the Mrs does shift work & I also have young kids so I’ve got to work around a lot of stuff. It’s easy to get a job if you can work when they want but it’s really hard to get a job that will let you work when you want.

4thly - “do every job even ones 30mins away. The algorithm puts you next in line for a good one” that simply isn’t the case! If you drive out to woop woop to do a job thats 5min down the pub chances are there won’t be another job for a long time and you will have to drive closer to the city.

Conclusion - Uber is kilometres over money made. Not money by hourly rate. If you wanna last as an Uber Driver you gotta make every trip count! Wait for work then get home on a fare also. Taxi charges $2.17 per k, Uber charges $1.15 per k %90 of the time. Theirs no room to move!
Uber was never setup to be full time nor was it set up to be compared with Taxis. I’ve been driving since uber started in Brisbane and I constantly make money even in the quiet times. People who are trying to use uber as a full time gig are kidding themselves.
Uber was setup on a model for partners to drive when it’s convenient for them to do so. It was also setup to take all trips that are sent to you to maximise your income. Your job as a partner is to accept all trips and maximise your drive time. I have proved this over and over again. While you may think you won’t get a ride until your next in line I have proved that theory wrong. It’s not coincidence in all the years I have driven when I have accepted rides a long way away and they don’t go far but I always get rewarded with a long trip because I accept every ride no matter the difference.
We are not taxis we are ridesharing supplying a service that is friendly efficient and riders are made to feel like they have had an experience.
I have done this from the start. I have a very high rating and I make good money for the hours I drive and maximise my time.
Uber make the rules and we either accept or move on.
I have found that uber have looked after me from day 1 and whether we think the money is poor or not we all have a choice. Even you have explained that in your reply because it’s convenient for you to drive uber.
My tip if anyone wants to hear it is don’t airport sit, don’t wait for the rides to find you go looking for them. Accept every ride and never decline a ride as this interrupts the algorithm and changes its coarse for you. As I said I have driven for some years on the uber platform and I don’t drive weekends and still make plenty of money each week.
It can be done and uber is a great company if you just do what your supposed to do and that is drive with a smile and nothing is too hard when it comes to a rider. If you do this and accept all rides you will find your rating will rise and so will your earnings.
As I said we all have a choice and mine is to embrace uber and follow the guidelines to a tee.

Beepbeep41

Uber was never setup to be full time nor was it set up to be compared with Taxis. I’ve been driving since uber started in Brisbane and I constantly make money even in the quiet times. People who are trying to use uber as a full time gig are kidding themselves.
Uber was setup on a model for partners to drive when it’s convenient for them to do so. It was also setup to take all trips that are sent to you to maximise your income. Your job as a partner is to accept all trips and maximise your drive time. I have proved this over and over again. While you may think you won’t get a ride until your next in line I have proved that theory wrong. It’s not coincidence in all the years I have driven when I have accepted rides a long way away and they don’t go far but I always get rewarded with a long trip because I accept every ride no matter the difference.
We are not taxis we are ridesharing supplying a service that is friendly efficient and riders are made to feel like they have had an experience.
I have done this from the start. I have a very high rating and I make good money for the hours I drive and maximise my time.
Uber make the rules and we either accept or move on.
I have found that uber have looked after me from day 1 and whether we think the money is poor or not we all have a choice. Even you have explained that in your reply because it’s convenient for you to drive uber.
My tip if anyone wants to hear it is don’t airport sit, don’t wait for the rides to find you go looking for them. Accept every ride and never decline a ride as this interrupts the algorithm and changes its coarse for you. As I said I have driven for some years on the uber platform and I don’t drive weekends and still make plenty of money each week.
It can be done and uber is a great company if you just do what your supposed to do and that is drive with a smile and nothing is too hard when it comes to a rider. If you do this and accept all rides you will find your rating will rise and so will your earnings.
As I said we all have a choice and mine is to embrace uber and follow the guidelines to a tee.
Do as the man says, see you in the bankrupt club...

Do as the man says, see you in the bankrupt club...
Bankruptcy is not an option. Follow the right procedures and you can’t go wrong. As I have said I started driving the first day it started in Brisbane. If I was going to fail I would of by now. Failure is not an option. I have a good business sense and have been involved in business for over 50 years. Sure all business models may not seem great but just because the business model may not be in favour of the drivers doesn’t mean you can’t make it work. Let’s face it you will never get rich with uber but you can make a good second income by maximising what’s in front of you And maximising all chances you have.
This is the model I have adopted and I’m a long way from being bankrupt. I am in fact doing ok with this as a second income.

Oh rubbish! You haven’t been driving long. Your talking hourly rate & taking all trip requests. Makes it obvious...
Well think what you like. This is my fourth car since starting. I was there from the start when signup was on nudgee Rd. They moved to Martin st the valley then down to west end.
The very ordinary videos you used to have to watch. The inspection was done by a mobile mechanic st different places across Brisbane. I was there when requests would not recognise across river and would send them to you anyway. Think what you like but I have been doing this from the start and seen a lot of change. If your going to sit there and talk about Klms etc it’s not worth it. You will never make that work. You eat dollars not klms and that’s about it. The problem with you my friend is you have been feeding people on here your crap for too long and your now put out because someone else may know more then you and how you can make this work well as a second income.

I presume that you have a $14000 bonus big mouth about the greatness of fuber.
If it was a $0 or $150 bonus you would not be so loud about how great fuber is.

Golfer

Well think what you like. This is my fourth car since starting. I was there from the start when signup was on nudgee Rd. They moved to Martin st the valley then down to west end.
The very ordinary videos you used to have to watch. The inspection was done by a mobile mechanic st different places across Brisbane. I was there when requests would not recognise across river and would send them to you anyway. Think what you like but I have been doing this from the start and seen a lot of change. If your going to sit there and talk about Klms etc it’s not worth it. You will never make that work. You eat dollars not klms and that’s about it. The problem with you my friend is you have been feeding people on here your crap for too long and your now put out because someone else may know more then you and how you can make this work well as a second income.
What was the unit number on the door at Nudgee rd .
It's hard to forget , if you started there, like a secret society
Who was the main man ( his name ) :rolleyes:

Beepbeep41

Lol “4th car”
Lol “you eat $$ not kilometres”

Perhaps you might still be on your first car if you watch the kilometres instead of the $$ to hours. Could of only spent 20k on vehicle & maintenance instead of the 80k... But hey, your the man who started it all up,lol.

SolsUber101

Seriously, that is just total garbage. You must be a troll.

Go Grannie

I agree with him. I have been driving full time for 18mths and done over 9,000 pickup with a rating of 4.96. I work 12 hrs on Friday/Sat nights and peak hours the rest of week. I look at the $ at the end of the week. I am happy with my income and would work more hrs if I want even more money. As he said I’m not going on overseas trips but am earning a decent income. Please don’t be condescending re quoting stats as I am very proficient and strict in keeping them myself. I love this gig even with some less than favourable pax. Happy Ubering ?

KawanaPete

I agree with him. I have been driving full time for 18mths and done over 9,000 pickup with a rating of 4.96. I work 12 hrs on Friday/Sat nights and peak hours the rest of week. I look at the $ at the end of the week. I am happy with my income and would work more hrs if I want even more money. As he said I’m not going on overseas trips but am earning a decent income. Please don’t be condescending re quoting stats as I am very proficient and strict in keeping them myself. I love this gig even with some less than favourable pax. Happy Ubering ?
.......... another oober plant has risen from the depths of oobers cesspool...

So because I’m happy with uber and being a driver makes me a troll. I’m no troll just someone who says it how I see it and what I’ve done. I’m not lowering myself to the standards of some on here because you want to whinge about everything. Uber has been good to me from the start. Yes over the years we have had hoops to jump through to remain on the road but that’s the uber rules. You do it and get on with it. There’s no point in stressing or putting yourself in a place of being a cranky ugly person prson because things don’t go your way. Sure some passengers over the years have not been great to deal with but on the whole it’s very rare I have an issue.
This forum should be for people who are satisfied driving uber as well instead of the minority’s who get disgruntled about everything and makes it about them.
Life’s not that hard.

Golfer

So because I’m happy with uber and being a driver makes me a troll. I’m no troll just someone who says it how I see it and what I’ve done. I’m not lowering myself to the standards of some on here because you want to whinge about everything. Uber has been good to me from the start. Yes over the years we have had hoops to jump through to remain on the road but that’s the uber rules. You do it and get on with it. There’s no point in stressing or putting yourself in a place of being a cranky ugly person prson because things don’t go your way. Sure some passengers over the years have not been great to deal with but on the whole it’s very rare I have an issue.
This forum should be for people who are satisfied driving uber as well instead of the minority’s who get disgruntled about everything and makes it about them.
Life’s not that hard.
Unit number please
Nudgee rd is long so here's an easy one for you , Suburb
The name of the main MAN , running the show ,
The hours were restricted in 2014 , what were the office hours , now at my age with a failing memory , I can still remember the hours , hard to forget given the nature of the whole " illegal" venture

Or if you made a mistake an actualy started / signed up at Sunnybank , I'm sure @QLDUberDriver can ask you the same questions
4 cars :thumbdown:

Last edited: