• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

One of my worst nights ever

SubaruLegacy

It was awful. It was torrential pouring.

I got dragged to Broward, which instantly means tons of dead miles.
  • I start off the night with a group of 25 year old guys who won't stop trying to vape. I even have to slam my brakes on in middle of street and threaten to throw them out to get them to stop, I'm not even sure they did stop because one of them kept playing with window. I would've just tossed them, but they were headed right for south beach at the beginning of my shift and it was a nice long ride. and the whole time they are joking about how they are going to 1 star me.
  • At one point in wilton manors I haven't gotten a ride in like 30 minutes, and I realize, the Lyft beta app is stuck and thinks I'm still on a shared ride. When I realize and fix it, I immediately get a ping, so I wasted 30 minutes/gas driving around with the app off essentially.
  • Around 4 am I decide to burn one of my destination filters setting it to south beach to get back towards Miami Beach for the 5am surges. I give one short ride in downtown Ft. Lauderdale. I double check that my destination filter it's still on, I pick up another rider, who's toes the curb at the 7-11 I happen to be parked at. Before I even hit I've arrived, she's in the car. 12 miles north to pompano. I called lyft to complain, and there like o have you tried reinstalling app? (why would that fix a server/dispatch issue?) Oh I guess the destination filter isn't working. Seems to me they are violating independent contractor status contract. I agreed to take any rides heading to my destination, not 12 miles in the opposite direction. and of course because it's pouring I can't even speed to try to make up some time. and I of course dead head all the way back and miss all the surges.
  • In the morning I had completely forgotten about the Miami marathon. I'm getting tons of requests but end up having to cancel them or have pax cancel because they are all on the other side of the race and there's no way to drive to any of them. plus I'm having to fight with lazy cops who have random side streets blocked off that don't even cross the marathon.
  • I get a rider I can finally get within 2 blocks of leaving club space. The police tell me to go to 11st and nw2nd to get as close as possible to pick him up. I'm sitting on the side of road with hazards on, and a meter maid tells me I can't wait there unless I pay for parking, on an empty street.
  • And to top it all off, I pick up a 2nd shared rider, heading near my house. As we are pulling on to I-95 I heard her talking to a pet. She has a pet carrier bag that she had hidden behind her other big/purse bag under her arm. I assume she's got a little purse dog, and I'm like eh I'm too tired to deal with this whatever, its in a bag. And then I hear her trying to get the animal out of the bag to sit on her lap, but the animal wants to stay in it's bag(it has more manners then she does). Turns out it's a goddamn cat. What is wrong with people? 1 starred her. Thought about trying to get some cleaning fees out of her, but decided it wasn't worth it since I hadn't ever asked her if it was a support animal, and you know the crazy cat lady is going to claim some bs and get me deactivated.
  • The next day I got one single $1 tip for my troubles FML

and those are just the lowlights.

SubaruLegacy

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I was on lyft so no

It's not about sympathy. It's about being honest and telling you the truth. If more people were honest and not try to be "polite" to avoid being awkward the world would not be as messed up as it is.
What would you have done different o mighty driver?

New Uber

I was on lyft so no

What would you have done different o mighty driver?
Well I live in Florida. And Sunday it was raining before I woke up. So I stayed in bed. Later on I did laundry , I did some light cleaning I ordered a pizza for a late lunch and I watched some movies. I looked outside and it was still raining. So I stayed home. I saved myself getting my car dirty on the outside and inside and really enjoyed the feel the feel of my comforter wrapped around my body.

I did plan on working. But Mother Nature said no

SubaruLegacy

Well I live in Florida. And Sunday it was raining before I woke up. So I stayed in bed. Later on I did laundry , I did some light cleaning I ordered a pizza for a late lunch and I watched some movies. I looked outside and it was still raining. So I stayed home. I saved myself getting my car dirty on the outside and inside and really enjoyed the feel the feel of my comforter wrapped around my body.

I did plan on working. But Mother Nature said no
I've had good nights with bad weather, it's random luck. Sometimes people are even extra appreciative and tip more.

I will say the fact that I haven't had a chance to get a car wash in a month made me care way less about dirtying my car. The rain was the least of my issues my problems were mostly shitty pax and lyfts app being crap.

Working4peanuts

I've had good nights with bad weather, it's random luck. Sometimes people are even extra appreciative and tip more.

I will say the fact that I haven't had a chance to get a car wash in a month made me care way less about dirtying my car. The rain was the least of my issues my problems were mostly shitty pax and lyfts app being crap.
I wash my car when it rains. I leave it outside and mother nature takes care of it.

We don't make enough to pay for a car wash.

SubaruLegacy

I wash my car when it rains. I leave it outside and mother nature takes care of it.

We don't make enough to pay for a car wash.
The car washes are for me to keep my car nice and protect it, not my pax.
I've rusted through enough cars to learn my lesson about not caring for paint properly. You'd be shocked how quickly a rust hole can take hold and before you know it it's raining inside your car.

SubaruLegacy

If this is your experience in high season one can only forsee the future in 12 weeks.
Trust me I know last summer was brutal. But mostly just slow. What was unusual about Saturday was just how many bad behaving pax I had one after the other.