One of My Worst Days - The Bullcrap Child

Today I started early, at least for me. Just like yesterday, it was a VERY slow day. Only 3 passengers between 10am and 1pm. Here in California, you can already see the estimated fare, destination, distance. I saw one that said I can earn $8 to $11. I accepted it. I picked up a couple from this place called "South Coast Plaza Mall". Ok, pick up was no problem, they were already on the side waiting for me, which was good. The only way out was to go forward because it was a one way lane, so I didn't follow Google Map's direction of going back out to where I came from. Now this new path that I followed apparently was much shorter than expected. Only 5 miles or so. There was also no traffic. In the end, I only made $6 on that trip and NOT at least $8. I wish I was able to take a picture of the estimated fare screen. Another instance of this lower than expected fare happened to me, that's why I'm not trusting the estimated fare screen completely.

It was already 4pm and it was truly a very slow day no matter where I went, so I just started accepting even $4 rides to at least not go home completely defeated. I turned on Destination Filter to go home, when suddenly I got a ride that's supposed to be worth $11 to $14. "SURE!" I thought to myself. It was somewhere in a place called Santa Ana and there was NO parking because there were already cars parked on the side. I found a little space eventually, squeezed into it to let other cars behind me pass without problems, and I put my hazard lights on. I waited. SUDDENLY I saw three ladies and a kid. All of them were carrying big plastic bags with GROCERIES, and this wasn't a mall at all! This was a residential area!!! "HELL... but I need the money" I thought to myself. After confirming that it's for "Mrs. R", I opened up the trunk and let them put their stuff there on their own because no way am I getting out with cars passing by on my side. I'm not getting paid enough to die or get hurt.

The door opens and... a kid enters. Ok no problem I thought, kid's old enough to run around and do his crap. The mom, Mrs. R, entered. Thankfully, the two ladies did not come with her. I started asking them how their day was and the usual crap, but unfortunately, they only speak Spanish! Unfortunately for me, I can't speak Spanish. It was another one of those situations where we understood that the best thing to do was just keep quiet. Well I and Mrs. R understood this, but not the child. Oh holy hell, the child made all sorts of weird noises at the back. Weird noises where he seemed to be messing around with some crap device. Mrs. R was saying something to the kid, I don't know what, but she was probably making her son stop. Kid wouldn't listen. Kid made weird "NYAA NYAAAA" sounds. Kid stomped foot. What a noisy kid. THEN I heard the kid ripping stuff. What the hell was he tearing apart back there? I had no idea.

At the end of the ride, look what I discovered at the back:

That's what the kid did. Thankfully I haven't rated them yet, so I made sure to give them 3 stars with the reason being "Cleanliness". As I was wondering how much money I'll make out of this if I ever sent this to Uber in hopes of a cleaning fee, I noticed that Mrs. R left her bag below the seat. "AHA! Instant $15 Return Fee!" I thought to myself! I immediately reported the lost item to Uber and got the generic message stating that Uber's been in contact with the rider and they'll just contact me to make arrangements. Then I realized "Oh crap, they don't speak English, now what?!"

I ended up going to a nearby Walmart to park and then I cleaned out the mess that the bullcrap child created. I made sure to DISINFECT the hell out of the back seat (I used Mr. Clean antibacterial stuff or whatever it is they use in hospitals).

Anyway I'm just so tired lately. For the past few weeks I've been feeling like everything's going against me. I'm alone in my pain. I just want to get to the end of my story.

Comments

Today I started early, at least for me. Just like yesterday, it was a VERY slow day. Only 3 passengers between 10am and 1pm. Here in California, you can already see the estimated fare, destination, distance. I saw one that said I can earn $8 to $11. I accepted it. I picked up a couple from this place called "South Coast Plaza Mall". Ok, pick up was no problem, they were already on the side waiting for me, which was good. The only way out was to go forward because it was a one way lane, so I didn't follow Google Map's direction of going back out to where I came from. Now this new path that I followed apparently was much shorter than expected. Only 5 miles or so. There was also no traffic. In the end, I only made $6 on that trip and NOT at least $8. I wish I was able to take a picture of the estimated fare screen. Another instance of this lower than expected fare happened to me, that's why I'm not trusting the estimated fare screen completely.

It was already 4pm and it was truly a very slow day no matter where I went, so I just started accepting even $4 rides to at least not go home completely defeated. I turned on Destination Filter to go home, when suddenly I got a ride that's supposed to be worth $11 to $14. "SURE!" I thought to myself. It was somewhere in a place called Santa Ana and there was NO parking because there were already cars parked on the side. I found a little space eventually, squeezed into it to let other cars behind me pass without problems, and I put my hazard lights on. I waited. SUDDENLY I saw three ladies and a kid. All of them were carrying big plastic bags with GROCERIES, and this wasn't a mall at all! This was a residential area!!! "HELL... but I need the money" I thought to myself. After confirming that it's for "Mrs. R", I opened up the trunk and let them put their stuff there on their own because no way am I getting out with cars passing by on my side. I'm not getting paid enough to die or get hurt.

The door opens and... a kid enters. Ok no problem I thought, kid's old enough to run around and do his crap. The mom, Mrs. R, entered. Thankfully, the two ladies did not come with her. I started asking them how their day was and the usual crap, but unfortunately, they only speak Spanish! Unfortunately for me, I can't speak Spanish. It was another one of those situations where we understood that the best thing to do was just keep quiet. Well I and Mrs. R understood this, but not the child. Oh holy hell, the child made all sorts of weird noises at the back. Weird noises where he seemed to be messing around with some crap device. Mrs. R was saying something to the kid, I don't know what, but she was probably making her son stop. Kid wouldn't listen. Kid made weird "NYAA NYAAAA" sounds. Kid stomped foot. What a noisy kid. THEN I heard the kid ripping stuff. What the hell was he tearing apart back there? I had no idea.

That's what the kid did. Thankfully I haven't rated them yet, so I made sure to give them 3 stars with the reason being "Cleanliness". As I was wondering how much money I'll make out of this if I ever sent this to Uber in hopes of a cleaning fee, I noticed that Mrs. R left her bag below the seat. "AHA! Instant $15 Return Fee!" I thought to myself! I immediately reported the lost item to Uber and got the generic message stating that Uber's been in contact with the rider and they'll just contact me to make arrangements. Then I realized "Oh crap, they don't speak English, now what?!"

I ended up going to a nearby Walmart to park and then I cleaned out the mess that the bullcrap child created. I made sure to DISINFECT the hell out of the back seat (I used Mr. Clean antibacterial stuff or whatever it is they use in hospitals).

Anyway I'm just so tired lately. For the past few weeks I've been feeling like everything's going against me. I'm alone in my pain. I just want to get to the end of my story.
Not even that bad bro

The worst nightmare-Beelzebub-straight-from-the-depths-of-hell kid I ever had was one who was around 8 years old and was led to the car on a leash tied around his wrist. Alarm bells were ringing upon seeing this but I thought, "how bad can this be?"

Suffice to say, if you ever see a child being led to your car on a leash, burn rubber and GTFO of there as fast as you can.

The only advice I have, is.. Think of what you'd do if Uber didn't exist then go and do that.

They were Latinos!? Hell no! If I was the driver I would be throwing my “chancla” at the kid. You don’t have to know English to understand the imminent threat that is the chancla. Those Latina moms should have done what my Latina mom did to me when I didn’t behave. A good clout on the head and a series of chanclazos. Got to discipline these kids man...

1579090152172.jpeg

You should have submitted for the clean-up charge. Even if they had given you only twenty dollars, it would have been better than nothing.

I have had misbehaving children of all ethnicities in the cab and Uber/Lyft car. If I say to the adult "Que el niño se comporte mejor.", it gets the point across. My cadenza italiana suggests to the parent that I am trying to translate from Italian to Spanish. None ever have gotten angry, but they have spoken to the child and made him act properly.

I once had a Belgian couple whose child was acting like an animal.

Coute donc a vôtre pichouanque de s'assir et se taire et de se comporter sitôt comme être humain.

"pichouanque is unique to the Cajun dialect, but they got the idea that their egregiously out of line brat had better start to mind his manners or they were going to walk. Maman managed to shut him up.

You don’t have to know English to understand the imminent threat that is the chancla. Those Latina moms should have done what my Latina mom did to me when I didn’t behave. A good clout on the head and a series of chanclazos.

View attachment 401947

La chancla terribile!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was once at my then girfriend's home having dinner with her parents, brothers and abuelita. There was discussion of various things, most of which I managed to decipher (I speak Italian but can decipher Spanish). One of her brothers was disagreeing with mammacita when suddenly she raised her voice and said something similar to:

"Que yo sacque la chancla ", "¿Donde esta mi chancla?" , "Que yo invenga la chancla" or something similar; I forget exactly what she said, but I figured out that she was looking for something called a "chancla". ..............but, I stray.....................

As an ignorant norteño italoparlante, I would have paid to see the look of terror on her brother's face. He got up and RAN, did not walk, outside. He did not return for some time, and when he did, he was quite careful and apologetic.

I asked GF what was a chancla, as never had I heard the word. I had guessed that it was something used in the Americas, as never had I heard it in Spain. She told me "slipper".

"ah, va bene, pantofola........."

She was learning how to decipher Italian, so she figured out what "pantofola" was. She told me "not quite" and would explain later. She did explain later. GOODNESS!

Last ride from airport..... before I knew it little brat was chomping chips. Yea, chip crumbs on seats. Was heading home anyway, will vacuum it this afternoon at the wash.

I know the mom noticed it though as she double looked when she got out (I was walking around to open trunk and get bags out).

Oh, $1 tip.... :o-o:

For the past few weeks I've been feeling like everything's going against me. I'm alone in my pain.
You are NOT alone in your pain. Yes, the world is against you. But it's against everyone. We are all in pain. Life is a character test.

All we can do is smile. Here is something to smile about....

Chalk it up to another adventure and move on. There are far more good people in the world than there are nasties, (of any kind).

Reactions: Rae