1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

One month 0 tips,UberEATS

Discussion in 'UberEATS' started by LAboy, Apr 15, 2018.

1. LAboy

LAboy Active Member

I was like what the F, my rating is at its best but zero tips, i made $890 it's all Uber money.
    We becoming like FRANCE, people don't tip at all.
    But i am satisfy with the Uber pay though, it's not bad working for only few hours a week.
    fun fact: i maybe one of the fastest delivery guy out here in LA on a MOTORCYCLE, but still NO TIPS

2. 2Cents

2Cents Well-Known Member

Enlight168.jpg

Tbc007 and Cableguynoe like this.
  3. Tuxi

Tuxi Active Member

Did you enable tips? What I mean is when I started UE a few wks ago, I got a prompt to accept tips. I first clicked no by accident, but then I changed it when prompt said something like are you sure.

Also do you use a food bag? One person I delivered to was shocked I had a food bag because she said the other drivers she's seen didn't use them.

Before I started UE, I read a lot about no tips. I don't know if it's my area, but I've done ok with tips. I've even got a few tips from McD's orders. Until this wk, my highest tip was $4 in the app, so I thought that was the max amount, but this week, I got a few $6 ones.

Hope some tips start coming for you.

Cableguynoe likes this.
  4. LAboy

LAboy Active Member

I
    I dont really beg for tips but for an extra effort they should tip

Bpr2 likes this.
  5. Chris1973

Chris1973 Well-Known Member

I don't doubt it. 17 deliveries yesterday and 2 tips. When it's raining, or during special events like the super bowl, people tip like normal human beings so I know it's not necessarily an app issue. Saturdays are usually busy but it's young people in apartments or mostly so the tips always suck. Sunday is always better, because most people are out and about on Saturday if the weather is nice so they save the treat of ordering in before the new week starts. My best tips are from older gen x'ers like me so I still can't figure out where their worthless children got the idea NOT TO TIP like normal Americans have for like 50 years. I suspect they lie to their parents and even tip in public to some degree, but when no one is watching they become the selfish little turds they are and stiff everybody while mommy isn't looking. Scumbags.

Uber500 and 2Cents like this.
  6. 2Cents

2Cents Well-Known Member

Those worthless children are Millenials and when I go to the food trucks and I pay it always asks me how much of a tip am I leaving. That's the first option. Now if I'm encountered by such worthless Millenials, I don't tip them..
    Either that or whip out a fübr gas card and ask them if I can put it on that.

Chris1973 likes this.
  7. LAboy

LAboy Active Member

Haha oh well. What can you do

8. JesusisLord777

JesusisLord777 Active Member

You should use a high quality thermal bag, and dress nice. Always go to the door. Be polite, and personable, at all times. You will get tipped if you do this.

Attached Files:

Skorpio, IthurstwhenIP and Uber500 like this.
  9. Chris1973

Chris1973 Well-Known Member

Cool story Bro.

Santa and Mei like this.
  10. LAboy

LAboy Active Member

I dont need their tips

11. nchica40

nchica40 New Member

How are tips enabled on the app? I don't see that option anywhere. I was asked that at a delivery and I said yes, I mean why would't we accept tips. Now that is brought up in one the responses above and I want to make sure that it is enabled.

12. uberboy1212

uberboy1212 Well-Known Member

Have you tried calling support?

13. WildflowerRunner

WildflowerRunner Active Member

I noticed a change on the customer side in the app. I've only used Uber Eats twice, but the first time I ordered, as soon as the delivery was done I was prompted to rate my driver, and then the app asked if I wanted to tip. The second time, about a week ago, there was no prompt to rate. I had to go hunt it down, at which point I rated and was asked if I wanted to tip. If this is becoming standard, people aren't going to hunt down the button to rate, and therefore they won't tip.

Santa likes this.
  14. Just Another Uber Drive

Just Another Uber Drive Well-Known Member

Anybody who has food delivered and doesn't tip is a very brave individual.

15. WildflowerRunner

WildflowerRunner Active Member

In my area, tips are so rare I'd run out of spit.

16. Just Another Uber Drive

Just Another Uber Drive Well-Known Member

That's what the free daily coke from McDonald's is for.

By the way, I am just kidding. I don't seriously advocate anybody ever do anything to anybody's food.

17. nchica40

nchica40 New Member

No, is there a number?

18. LAboy

LAboy Active Member

hahahahahaha, come on dude, just don't deliver it. like me if they upset me, they not gonna eat lol but i will never spit, karma is hard man, god is watching

19. The Jax

The Jax Active Member

I have a background in my professional career as a business operations consultant and have helped major companies develop their own food delivery systems. In addition, I have delivered for these companies and platforms in many markets.

With that said, I think any of you who are not receiving tips on a consistent basis need to retrain yourself on how to deliver food. And I mean that in a constructive way.

First, I want to mention some talking points.

It was mentioned that millsnials aren't great tippers overall. I would say that's accurate.

Also, I agree with the UberEats platform purposely not going out of its way to pressure customers to tip. It's designed that way on purpose and I highly disagree with its implementation. By the way, I am also a driver for UberEats in addition to other platforms.

However, I think what you are lacking in is customer presentation at the door and and that short but sweet "tip converaation".

First, show up in a clean car. Doesn't matter how bad your car looks. Body damage, etc. But keep your cars interior clean. Their food is in YOUR car.

Second, if you don't have a good hotbag, buy some. You should always have one box bag, which is and should be your main bag. Then, you should have two backup bags which are pizza bag. Pizza bags can double as a secondary bag for multiple orders when held verticle.

When picking up, ask the restaurant ALWAYS if anything in the bags are hot and cold. This is Food Safety 101. If you have separate hot and cold bags, put them in different hot bags. If the restaurant combined them into one bag, ASK the restaurant to separate them.

When delivering, always use a friendly knock. Don't sound like the police.

Have only that customer's order in the bag at the door! Open the bag and let the customer take it out Tell them to "be careful, it's hot and just came out" even if it hasn't. If you separated hot and cold like you were supposed to, make sure you inform the customer you did so when you deliver. If there is silverware in the bag, tell them.

Then after they have the food, have the "tip conversation". For GrubHub with no tip, show the customer your phone showing no tip then say, "Hey I noticed you did not leave any gratituity on the app. Did you want to do that in cash today?". For UberEats say, "Hey, quick question. Did you want to leave gratituity on the app or will it be in cash today?" If the customer responds with the app, then say, "Ok great! Have you ever done gratituity on the app? You are?prompted after the delivery. If you can grab your phone, I can show you where the screen is".

One more thing. Don't show up in Jeans and looking like you were just hanging out with friends. Wear a nice polo shirt and khakis, not wrinkled and preferably ironed or pressed, and be clean cut.

If you follow this advice, you will get your tips. Thanks.

Jason Wilson likes this.
  20. uberboy1212

uberboy1212 Well-Known Member

800-253-9435