One bad apple.......

Juliesage47

2 pax (couple)on a Saturday night, both were drunk. I greeted them politely, He was very rude, belligerent and verbally abusive from the get go, slammed my car door super hard and said "just (expletive deleted) go idiot" soon as he got in, so I told them both to get out of my car and cancel the ride, he called me a "expletive synonymous with female dog" several times, threatened to have me fired, and then he and his girlfriend called me some more names (I did not respond at all except to say "get out of my car") they finally got out but left the doors open on purpose, so I calmly got out to close the doors, as I did so he said he was videotaping me, I made no eye contact and said nothing, just closed the doors, got back in my car and left, then I reported him. I hope Uber will adjust my rating appropriately. I'm seriously considering joining the Union. I like working nights but I won't be working after midnight anymore that's for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:

dentedcan

Ugh, this is exactly why I have a dash cam that also records the cabin and audio. I'd be throwing that up on YouTube and sending the link to Uber in my complaint to let them watch for themselves. Looks like you're in a two party consent for recording state though :frown: Them leaving the doors open intentionally would have really gotten to me! Kudos to you for keeping your cool.

kc ub'ing!

Juliesage47, sorry you had to go through that, poor thing. Some folks are simply a-holes. You handled the situation and yourself perfectly! Bravery, dignity and class. I'm sure you're tougher than you give yourself credit for. A good thing too; since plenty of a-holes venture out before midnight. You got this!

RamzFanz

This is exactly why every driver needs a dual dashcam. Even in a two party state, just use signs so they are informed. It's your word against theirs without it.

Oscarthegrouch

You handled the situation with class. I don't know if I would have been able to do the same. I tend to be a person who reacts before thinking. Not a good thing in this line of work.

ChortlingCrison

2 pax (couple)on a Saturday night, both were drunk. I greeted them politely, He was very rude, belligerent and verbally abusive from the get go, slammed my car door super hard and said "just (expletive deleted) go idiot" soon as he got in, so I told them both to get out of my car and cancel the ride, he called me a "expletive synonymous with female dog" several times, threatened to have me fired, and then he and his girlfriend called me some more names (I did not respond at all except to say "get out of my car") they finally got out but left the doors open on purpose, so I calmly got out to close the doors, as I did so he said he was videotaping me, I made no eye contact and said nothing, just closed the doors, got back in my car and left, then I reported him. I hope Uber will adjust my rating appropriately. I'm seriously considering joining the Union. I like working nights but I won't be working after midnight anymore that's for sure.
It's good you kept your cool. I wonder if he attempted to start the video taping after the profane remarks. Dashcam is a great idea like some others mentioned.

PTB

sounds like you had TWO bad apples, a pair of rotten ones.

did "you" CANCEL the ride? if so, which reason did you select....just curious
I know there is one that says RIDER REQUESTED CANCEL......this one doesn't seem to affect your rating.

also, wondering if you noticed the passenger rating before pickup?

dentedcan

As long as you're okay not driving any more because Uber permanently deactivates drivers who post in-ride footage. Single or duel consent state, doesn't matter.
Have a source on that claim? It's not in any TOS or agreement I have with Uber, and the only official response I've come across on the issue states that drivers should "follow local regulations." That noted, I've seen plenty of these types of videos hit the news and it's my understanding Uber hasn't deactivated any of those people either. We're not talking about posting random footage here.

chitownXdriver

This is exactly why every driver needs a dual dashcam. Even in a two party state, just use signs so they are informed. It's your word against theirs without it.
Not necessarily, you can tell them that they are being recorded and it will be on tape :smiles:

MikesUber

Have a source on that claim? It's not in any TOS or agreement I have with Uber, and the only official response I've come across on the issue states that drivers should "follow local regulations." That noted, I've seen plenty of these types of videos hit the news and it's my understanding Uber hasn't deactivated any of those people either. We're not talking about posting random footage here.
Well the ironfist has censored my source and deleted my response. So much for helpful information sharing. Sorry

Squirming Like A Toad

If you have a belligerent passenger don't get out of the car to close the door, just leave to a safe distance with it open and then close it. They could be trying to lure you out of the car.

With practice and luck you can close the door just with the motion of the car.