On your way home

bart2puck

oooo my dreams might be coming true.

"find rider on your way back home" feature that's apparently in beta test with some drivers? When will it be implemented?

Uberest

well that would be great wouldn't it? But might not be in the best interest of riders or uber, very unfortunately, since the effect of the feature would be to reduce the supply of drivers.....possibly by a considerable amount especially where the rider wants to go to podunk.

bart2puck

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I see as opposite. If I am in dc and done for the night. I log off. With go home mode, I would stay online and there would at very least be one more driver going west to va.

Uberest

hmmm. good point...... I have logged off myself when I want to go home and can't risk a ping going in the opposite direction. To me it would be a really good feature.... but could drivers could use it for any purpose ....? As in "I only want rides to the airport...."

bart2puck

Throw a restriction on it.

Can only use it once in 6 hour period.

You will be blocked for more rides for 2 hours

Your home address is known by uber... Can't change that
Etc etc

Bart McCoy

hmmm. good point...... I have logged off myself when I want to go home and can't risk a ping going in the opposite direction. To me it would be a really good feature.... but could drivers could use it for any purpose ....? As in "I only want rides to the airport...."
so adding a feature to actually help out and be convenient for the driver? no way it will happen then

nutzareus

"One Last Ride" button would be nice, but as bart2puck mentioned once you use this feature you can't undo this for X hours and blocked Y hours from logging on also. I don't know what X and Y are but this would be nice. I've been burned many times thinking that last trip will go in my direction home but nope sucked right back into DC...

bart2puck

Bart this is beneficial to rider because it keeps an available driver on the road logged in for a bit longer.....

Raider

Most jackholes don't input their destination, how would this work then?

Anyways uber doesn't benefit from this, and it'll cost money to code these algorithms into the system...so yeah, kiss this idea goodbye.

renbutler

Most jackholes don't input their destination, how would this work then?

Anyways uber doesn't benefit from this, and it'll cost money to code these algorithms into the system...so yeah, kiss this idea goodbye.
1.) In my area, I'd say over 90% input their destination.

2.) It's already coded for beta, right?