• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

On day 14 of quitting*

kevin92009

Two weeks ago I gave my last ride.

11,500 rides through hell!

I put an asterisk next to quitting as I only have enough money to last me till the end of the year.

My plan you ask?

Let's just say I have something interesting cooking with a business and hope to have answers by mid November as to take that asterisk off or have to climb back in the car to survive.

Will update!!
I hope your business goes well and you do not have to climb back into the car with these exploitive companies, I’m going on two months of being out of the gig and I feel more free than ever.

charmer37

I salute you for quitting ride share driving, As long as you have a plan you’re good, I been away from Uber/lyft for a good minute.
Post automatically merged:

I hope your business goes well and you do not have to climb back into the car with these exploitive companies, I’m going on two months of being out of the gig and I feel more free than ever.
The longer you’re away it gets better and better, Uber’s exploitation of drivers is madness.

Jay Dean

I am near a year, and the thought of driving a pax is a complete nightmare lol, you detox...and there is no chance you will go back after you get to a certain point, which is what most sane people do to begin with. Good riddance with this toxic gig.

Don't try to tell the other addicts, they are stuck in their confusion and addiction and need to find their own way.

Uber drivers have other qualities, they can be fun to chat with..just don't ever try and explain how ridiculous it is to be a driver.

kevin92009

I salute you for quitting ride share driving, As long as you have a plan you’re good, I been away from Uber/lyft for a good minute.
Post automatically merged:

The longer you’re away it gets better and better, Uber’s exploitation of drivers is madness.
thank you , i totally agree with you !