On a first date, what is the maximum surge before you take a POOL as a rider?

What is the maximum X surge before you will take a POOL trip as a rider on a first date/anniversary?

• I always take POOL

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 1.1-2.0x

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • 2.1-3.0x

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 3.1-4.0x

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4.1-5.0x

• 5.1-6.0x

• More than 6x

• I never will take POOL, even if it is 100x

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters

Ihateyou

Let's say you're out on a first date (or an important wedding anniversary, for the married folks on here). You didn't drive because you took him/her to an event at TD Garden. The MBTA is [email protected] the bed again, and it's not running. No taxis are in sight.

I assume that for everyone, there is a breaking point before they say "I can't pay this much, I gotta take a POOL to save money." What's yours?

john1975

I would probably suggest we go get a drink and wait for the madness to die down. If the person doesn't want to do this then pool for 1 :wink:.

BenzChino

If i HAD to take a pool - I'd play uber roulette (request and cancel) until you get a decent car and driver. Get in the car, ask driver to stop new requests and hand them a $20.

Ihateyou

If i HAD to take a pool - I'd play uber roulette (request and cancel) until you get a decent car and driver. Get in the car, ask driver to stop new requests and hand them a $20.

Can't do it with POOL anymore. If you request POOL, unless the driver is taking way too long to get to you, they charge you $2 per cancellation.

How often is uberPOOL $20 cheaper than an X?

Depending on how much X is, uberPOOL can be a big savings. For example, I've tried to order X and had it quoted as $25, with POOL costing $7.

BenzChino

How often is uberPOOL $20 cheaper than an X?

Pool is almost half the X-fare on anything longer than 10 miles in my own expereience as a PAX.

Can't do it with POOL anymore. If you request POOL, unless the driver is taking way too long to get to you, they charge you $2 per cancellation.

Good to know - but given said scenario I would request a pool at anything higher than 2.5 for a trip longer than 10 miles. I'd still be saving a lot of money even if I had to do it 5 times.

cdm813

No shit -- how did I not know that. I was considering getting a Select vehicle for my next car too, good thing I didn't. Wow -- wonder why it's not available?