Omnibus-Charter Vehicle Aplication

oztarquin

Has anyone found the above form on the DoT website?
I spoke to DoT; helpful lady but not even she could find it.......

oztarquin

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Quoted from DOT Online

"Our website is currently being updated, Charter Vehicle information will be available later today. DoTDirect online applications for Charter Licences are currently unavailable. For Charter Licence applications, please call 1300 660 147 Monday to Friday between 8am and 5pm. We apologise for any inconvenience."

lui6155

yep but u need to be registered on DOT Direct firstly and to do so means u are sent, in the mail a password. So that's the path I have taken. New school and old school, typical DOT.

Potsy

I've put 3F as I'm not an 8 seater
I don't think there is any great hurry here. I've just registered with Dot direct to be told I must now wait up to 5 working days to receive a Pin code to proceed.
Nobody has given us a cut-off date to complete this process but I'm sure we will have a few weeks to complete this all this stuff.

whocareaboutPAX

take your time, wont let me register.. Apparently i dont exist in there system.

I'm going to register my land cruiser... So I can continue deducting the value of my land cruiser as I use it for Uber, but really I dont.

lui6155

Dodgy dodgy whocareaboutPAX aka known as "who cares about the law and incurring a big fine"....is it worth the tax breaks mate? Not to mention if u do have an accident ur rego esp if not 3F wont apply. Not worth it.

Larrikin

Currently at DOT Midland, really nice helpful staff just as confused as many of us, one thing everyone should check, apparently many vehicles registered for 3F insurance were sent out renewals automatically reverting to 1a, so please check your papers - mine had reverted and I didn't notice.

UbeRay

Spoke to DOT a couple of times today. They are absolutely swamped with enquiries.
Downloaded application forms OM1.1 $272.00, ODT5 Stat Dec for "Third Party 3f now $556.05", plus Police Clearances required for all Company directors if in Company name, Company Extract. Roughly $1,000 plus $80.00 Inspection Fee over Pits.

Can keep existing number plates or change to a CVL plate at no cost at present.

All to be posted in and wait for letter for time to inspect vehicle. Another slow process by the looks.

This will knock a few of the part timers out of ride sharing.

Interesting reading: Omnibus - Charter Vehicles - Operating Conditions. Sets out all the rules and regulations to follow.

Last edited:

Potsy

Spoke to DOT a couple of times today. They are absolutely swamped with enquiries.
Downloaded application forms OM1.1 $272.00, ODT5 Stat Dec for Third Party 3f now $556.05, plus Police Clearances required for all Company directors if in Company name, Company Extract. Roughly $1,000 plus $80.00 Inspection Fee over Pits.

Can keep existing number plates or change to a CVL plate at no cost at present.

All to be posted in and wait for letter for time to inspect vehicle. Another slow process by the looks.

This will knock a few of the part timers out of ride sharing.

Interesting reading: Omnibus - Charter Vehicles - Operating Conditions. Sets out all the rules and regulations to follow.
What!!!...are you sure its $556 for a stat dec? Thats crazy. This could really damage uber as these costs add up to a total thats just too much for it all to be worthwhile. My car is in my son's name and I'll be damned if I'm going to pay $556 to put in a stat dec giving me permission to use it.

UbeRay

I've applied - are we breaking the law if we work tonight?
On the Questions and Answers sheet for Charter Applicants it states that upon payment of the $272 and your insurance class increase has been paid you are then Authorised to operate as a Charter Vehicle. Not just on application.

Will the DOT boys be out doing more checks now that the legislation is through. My guess is yes.

Why the hell cant we go to a counter at DOT and have it processed on the spot to get a booking for the inspection.

Potsy

I've applied - are we breaking the law if we work tonight?
No....they cant process your application today and they havent given u a cutoff date so Keep working in good faith.
They will probably give us 28 days to comply I reckon.

UbeRay

What!!!...are you sure its $556 for a stat dec? Thats crazy. This could really damage uber as these costs add up to a total thats just too much for it all to be worthwhile. My car is in my son's name and I'll be damned if I'm going to pay $556 to put in a stat dec giving me permission to use it.
$556 is for the 3f Third Party insurance.