OMG new OC guaranteed rates

Calhiker

Platform shows $25 to 7 pm and $26 from 9 to 12am. Are you kidding me? It used to be 30, now the few times i tried it i never got min reimbursement as i either made more or not met requirements but come on 26 an hour vs 30 before. Cheap stingy fuber. I stick to driving surges only thank you and i suggest anyone else in oc do the same.

Green Porcupine

Platform shows $25 to 7 pm and $26 from 9 to 12am. Are you kidding me? It used to be 30, now the few times i tried it i never got min reimbursement as i either made more or not met requirements but come on 26 an hour vs 30 before. Cheap stingy fuber. I stick to driving surges only thank you and i suggest anyone else in oc do the same.
No offensive. GP will drive:p:biggrin:

uber strike

what is that like $18 an hour after uber fees? uber still takes commission and booking fees from that $25.
$18 not too bad during regular hours but pitiful during high demand hours. you are needed during high demand. therefore, expect more money for your service during party nights. on fri & sat nights we should be able to surpass $18 an hour easy with surge, but drivers will be online for the $18 and do away with high surge.
we used to be able to make the $18 just on surge on 1 trip. these incentives are screwing driver earnings.

Green Porcupine

what is that like $18 an hour after uber fees? uber still takes commission and booking fees from that $25.
$18 not too bad during regular hours but pitiful during high demand hours. you are needed during high demand. therefore, expect more money for your service during party nights. on fri & sat nights we should be able to surpass $18 an hour easy with surge, but drivers will be online for the $18 and do away with high surge.
we used to be able to make the $18 just on surge on 1 trip. these incentives are screwing driver earnings.
So maybe there is a trap here.

If you make more than FUber guaranteed, FUber can take it :p:biggrin:

uber strike

So maybe there is a trap here.

If you make more than FUber guaranteed, FUber can take it :p:biggrin:
once a driver has driven for a while he begins to see the traps, tricks, and deception.
uber at one time emailed us that they cut our pay so that we can make more money. newbies were happy for the pay cuts and continued to stay online.
but now many of those same drivers see right through those lies. this is the reason why uber never stops signing up new drivers and giving new driver referral bonuses. uber cannot keep their drivers. uber has the highest turn over rate of any company in the world. so uber must continue their marketing for new drivers year round. uber needs naive newbies on the roads using their own car, not understanding the expenses or depreciation.

Adieu

27/28 for me (and 30 after midnight)....guess fuber has more faith in my earning potential

...which is being totally wasted loitering somewhere in Lakewood trying and failing to lurk both Premier and Select without deadmiling further North :-/

Thejamal

Be thankful you got any.... Haven't received any incentives from uber for a month in oc. Thus I've only done 1 am rides at good surge

Jake2016

Tried this guarantee last night in my strategic places. Spent twice as much time on line and driving and earned 25% less. I guess Uber will give $10-20 as the guarantee incentive to narrow the earning gap a bit.

However, I feel it is a waste of my time, gas, and more miles put on my car. A question for veterans, how was your surge hunting? I would quit the guarantee driving if there were not so many cars around.

Any positive experience with guarantees in general and with this one in particular?

Adieu

Tried this guarantee last night in my strategic places. Spent twice as much time on line and driving and earned 25% less. I guess Uber will give $10-20 as the guarantee incentive to narrow the earning gap a bit.

However, I feel it is a waste of my time, gas, and more miles put on my car. A question for veterans, how was your surge hunting? I would quit the guarantee driving if there were not so many cars around.

Any positive experience with guarantees in general and with this one in particular?
Lyft OC has been good to me about 75% of the time since spring

UberLaLa

I'm just a weekend-warrior, but loved the Surge only driving before all the Incentives killed it here in L.A.

I'm mostly replying about the Hourly guarantees. I'm usually Gold, sometimes Platinum here in L.A. - but my day job kept me under 20 trips last week, so I'm on Hourly this week. It sucks and it don't...imho.

Uber has designed the Hourly to keep the driver online for as many hours as possible. It's pretty much the only way to get the Bonus Trips and the 1.5 an hour Trips ... otherwise it's pretty good for what it is.