• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Old Retirees If You Don't Need the Money For the Love of God Stop Driving

Atlwarrior

I'm just so fed up with old retirees who just want to get out the house from their nagging wife and drive. Please let those who really need the money drive. Go home, enjoy your family, and retirement. I mean if you are well off with income, how selfish it is to hog out the request, and hang out at the airport taking request that others desperately need. Go home!

UberwithStuber

I would imagine Myrtle Beach has a quite a few retirees'. Not unlike Tampa area. Its a highly competitive world, and retirees are out there.
Just have to deal with it, because like it or not, they're not going away.

Atlwarrior

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
No thanks..
But i would add: If anyone "desperately needs" those requests, they should probably get a real job.
I can't speak for others, but do have a full time job, but would like to pay off some debt from extra supplemental income. Most of these old retirees are well off, and are simply driving to get out the house and away from their nagging wife.

I would imagine Myrtle Beach has a quite a few retirees'. Not unlike Tampa area. Its a highly competitive world, and retirees are out there.
Just have to deal with it, because like it or not, they're not going away.
True! I would just enjoy my retirement though.

FXService

You do realize if you actually sat down and did the complete math, that UberX is actually always operated at a loss, right?

Beur

I can't speak for others, but do have a full time job, but would like to pay off some debt from extra supplemental income. Most of these old retirees are well off, and are simply driving to get out the house and away from their nagging wife.

True! I would just enjoy my retirement though.
Have you seen these old retirees financial records? You making quite a big assumption without facts to support your claim they’re well off. Fact is most seniors live below the poverty line.

RamzFanz

You do realize if you actually sat down and did the complete math, that UberX is actually always operated at a loss, right?
False.

I'm just so fed up with old retirees who just want to get out the house from their nagging wife and drive. Please let those who really need the money drive. Go home, enjoy your family, and retirement. I mean if you are well off with income, how selfish it is to hog out the request, and hang out at the airport taking request that others desperately need. Go home!
Don't do a job retirees can do. Get a better skillset.

Would you go be a greeter at WalMart and blame the retirees for taking over?

Atlwarrior

False.

Don't do a job retirees can do. Get a better skillset.

Would you go be a greeter at WalMart and blame the retirees for taking over?
What a dumb comparison since more drivers directly correlates to less pay. Some retirees are well established, and do ride share just to get away from the wife or as a hobby. Furthermore , Wal - Mart is more establish and pay will be consistent for anyone.

RamzFanz

What a dumb comparison since more drivers directly correlates to less pay. Some retirees are well established, and do ride share just to get away from the wife or as a hobby. Furthermore , Wal - Mart is more establish and pay will be consistent for anyone.
And who told you these jobs are yours and not intended for them?

Uberfunitis

By your line of reasoning you should not be doing Uber and are selfish yourself. There are people out there driving that depend totally on Uber for their survival. You are fortunate enough to have a full time job and just do this on the side. Are you not also taking money from those who could use it more?

.......... I do not agree with your line of thinking though if someone wants to get out there and do something let them compete. How much they need the money or what they plan to do with that money is nobody else business provided everything is legal.

Atlwarrior

By your line of reasoning you should not be doing Uber and are selfish yourself. There are people out there driving that depend totally on Uber for their survival. You are fortunate enough to have a full time job and just do this on the side. Are you not also taking money from those who could use it more?

.......... I do not agree with your line of thinking though if someone wants to get out there and do something let them compete. How much they need the money or what they plan to do with that money is nobody else business provided everything is legal.
Well it would be totally dumb to depend solely on Uber; especially in a tourist market. I have a job and Uber is only supplemental. You are entitled to your opinion and I will stick with mine.

And who told you these jobs are yours and not intended for them?
Do you live in Myrtle Beach?

Uberfunitis

Well I just wasted my responses by replying , please refrain from commenting about a tourist seasonal market you don’t even live in. Geez!
Your comment was nothing specific to your area only that you feel entitled to trips over other people simply because you do not feel that they need the money. That has nothing to do with your location at all.

Atlwarrior

Your comment was nothing specific to your area only that you feel entitled to trips over other people simply because you do not feel that they need the money. That has nothing to do with your location at all.
It’s a Myrtle Beach thread dummy. I think that’s pretty specific. If you don’t understand this market. Shut up! Furthermore this is one of the fastest growing area that retirees are moving too, so my thread is solely about this particular location.

Uberfunitis

It’s a Myrtle Beach thread dummy. I think that’s pretty specific. If you don’t understand this market. Shut up!
I have listened to your advice and chosen not to follow it as is my right thank you very much. Just as you can not control who drives for Uber, you can not control who posts. I know this notion that you are not in control of other people seems to bother you greatly.

Uber889

Side. Gig.

Advertised as such and that's what Uber wants.

Either get a real job or drive a taxi...which is a real job...sort of.

When the only credentials you need are a driver's license, and a 10 year old 4 door car, there's lots of competition.

KellyC

It’s a Myrtle Beach thread dummy. I think that’s pretty specific. If you don’t understand this market. Shut up! Furthermore this is one of the fastest growing area that retirees are moving too, so my thread is solely about this particular location.
I just put that guy on ignore, he seems like a troll.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Chicago 14
Taznum8 New York City 3
Beepbeep41 Brisbane 5