• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Ola Domestic Airport Queue filled with Fake GPS

dms

I was at the airport waiting today, due to a screw up, Uber thought I had declined a ride request and made be go offline. But on ola IIhad moved from 20-25 to 10-15, so I thought I might remain there hoping to get Ola request. On Uber I got booted to the back I am 46-50. So after waiting another 10 minutes I move to 5-10 on Ola, then after another 30 minutes I am still 5-10 but on Uber I have moved to 10-15. So this leads me to believe a few people are using fake GPS to hold their position in the queue or either that or Ola became unpopular in that last hour or Ola has an algorithm to move up certain drivers ahead of others maybe the ones that do more Ola requests.

Avenig

I do know Ola has some special going on with airport drop offs up to 20km for $25. Not sure if it is related.

1488x

I've seen the same issue DMS and it's why I can't be bothered waiting for jobs for Ola at the airport anymore. You don't get priority as a high accept rate driver at the airport and the slow moving queue and moving back in the queue means it's a fail.

RustaSam

Waited 20 minuets two weeks ago at the international to get to 1-5 in both X and XL queue. So I turned of the X queue off. Then waited another hour and a half to get the XL job.
Anyone know What happened.
Is this the result of the fake GPS location apps used by other drivers.
I don’t bother with the Airport queue anymore. Uber needs to fix this fraudulent activity.

Reactions: dms

Ray2004

Waited 20 minuets two weeks ago at the international to get to 1-5 in both X and XL queue. So I turned of the X queue off. Then waited another hour and a half to get the XL job.
Anyone know What happened.
Is this the result of the fake GPS location apps used by other drivers.
I don’t bother with the Airport queue anymore. Uber needs to fix this fraudulent activity.
Wow, almost 2hr waiting? How much fare did u get?

FernandoPoe V1

$30 trip. But all that time I kept thinking. Any minute now
I feel you mate. First time I queued at the international on XL only, it took me 2:15min to get a $38 trip. I arrived at position 16-20 but in 15min, I was on 1-5 so I figured I'll wait it out... I don't do airport runs anymore.

DA08

$30 trip. But all that time I kept thinking. Any minute now
just because you were out the front of the queue doesn't mean there was a job on XL necessarily...,
I feel you mate. First time I queued at the international on XL only, it took me 2:15min to get a $38 trip. I arrived at position 16-20 but in 15min, I was on 1-5 so I figured I'll wait it out... I don't do airport runs anymore.
I never wait at the airport on XL only

Last edited: