OK so who has Firefly in their market

mikes424

I just wonder if they can be dangerous. Couple of weeks ago we had some very strong wind gusts, strong enough to blow the car sideways. I think the sign on the top would just increase the risk.

Sick Duck

I thought it would be neat to remove the control board and wire it where you can run the device from your trunk or whatever without the screen and trick them into thinking you're running the full display and get paid without having to have that drag

fairiesgalore

Firefly is a $300 vaporizor one of the few items I got scammed on in life, not really was just high & believed the hype lol that sits in a drawer as a conversation piece more than used although some people enjoy it

After a few tries I went back to $5 bowls for my herbals
Post automatically merged:

Firefly is that LED screen that sits atop your car and runs visually attractive advertisements as you drive down the road. The twenty second video below is footage of a Firefly driving down the road but you don't really need to watch it because the picture below the video is all the explaining you really need. Now let's discuss how we believe Uber feels about us throwing adds in the face of their passengers without due compensation. Let's also discuss how the unit is charged and powered. Lastly, I know a person who uses the handle @NauticalWheeler who had an appointment to get a Firefly installed on is already paint wrapped vehicle. Things didn't go as planned however and the Firefly was never installed because @NauticalWheeler demanded a sign on bonus moments before the scheduled appointment.

An individual representing Firefly rode with me for the sole purpose of recruiting me. He said it payed $150 per month if I drove for two hundred hours with the sign lit up.

View attachment 383341
The less than $1 an hour their paying you is getting lost via drag on your miles per gallon lmao not aerodynamic at all prob takes a 30mpg down to 20 haha geez

No thanks

Ian Richard Markham

Firefly is a $300 vaporizor one of the few items I got scammed on in life, not really was just high & believed the hype lol that sits in a drawer as a conversation piece more than used although some people enjoy it After a few tries I went back to $5 bowls for my herbals The less than $1 an hour their paying you is getting lost via drag on your miles per gallon lmao not aerodynamic at all prob takes a 30mpg down to 20 haha geez No thanks
Please PM @Emma Johanningsmeier about this.

mbd

I talked to professional Uber/lyft driver who drives 350 miles a day😉
He gets paid 250/300$ per month.
40 hrs is 250
50 hrs is 300
Few months back, he got paid 200-250$ to drive circles around a event( football game). That was just a one time deal, and he drove for 2-3 hrs.
Every market is different.

Ian Richard Markham

I talked to professional Uber/lyft driver who drives 350 miles a day😉
He gets paid 250/300$ per month.
40 hrs is 250
50 hrs is 300
Few months back, he got paid 200-250$ to drive circles around a event( football game). That was just a one time deal, and he drove for 2-3 hrs.
Every market is different.
Ok I think you mean 200/300$ per week right? Still way low. What’s their deal?

mbd

Too many driving around with firefly😁to be paid more than 300/month. Initially they paid more.
I think it is also backed by Chinese VC’s.
Lyft and Uber will be rolling out it’s own

version of Firefly soon👍

Wow, and the only explanation you can give us is that every market is different? Come on man tell us what their deal was!
Every market is different because Omaha, Nebraska does not have the same traffic that San Francisco has😁or NYC. If SF and NYC has too many drivers with Adv boards on top, then they will put a cap or bring down the monthly rates.

Cargo backed by Uber pays 400$ per month =100$ per week
Total hours= 20hrs per week
Flat rate of 100$ , if you drive 20 or 200 hours a week, you will get paid 100$ in Dallas ( per week). After 20 hours, you can just turn it off.

Last edited:

Shill

Upon further research I learned that a 12V wire is run between the Firefly and the positive terminal on your car battery. A second wire is then run as a ground. This is how the Firefly powers itself. I wonder if an inline fuse is also installed or else you could need a new alternator if the son of a gun starts over drawing electricity. You know that 5G burns hotter than an egg on the cement in Vicksburg Mississippi on a hot afternoon in July.
you can add a fuse yourself.
1583432357383.png