Ok noobs, quite letting riders put too many passengers in your car

SafeT

I had 2 groups of 7 or more for XL in last two days. The typical entitled 20 something that thinks Uber is a Luxury $500 limo service and anything goes. No it is a $5 limo service with rules! The first group I counted as I rolled up and cancelled after they refused to get another Uber for the extra people. I got a cancel fee on them as they refused to take two Ubers. Then this evening, same thing. Half drunk ass-hat tried to get about 9 in my car. He said, "I only have six" and started loading many people. I just sat there. "I can only take six, I can only take six, I can only take six..." They refused to remove anyone.

So I said, ok then I am cancelling the trip. They still just sat there. Unfortunately for this dummy he told me to start the trip while they were taking forever to load. So, he got a charge for the car not moving 1 inch and got a big one star. They got real mouthy when I made them all get out. .."you suck, you suck, you suck.." "I hope you get in a wreck".. blah blah.. Thought the ass-hat was going to throw a punch at one point but he finally walked away. Me... yes I suck.. BYE! Uber's stance on this is that anything above number of seatbelts is illegal. You can bet those 20 something jerks would sue your ass off if you wreck with them while you are transporting too many riders. That $5 you make could ruin your life.

D Town

I had 2 groups of 7 or more for XL in last two days. The typical entitled 20 something that thinks Uber is a Luxury $500 limo service and anything goes. No it is a $5 limo service with rules! The first group I counted as I rolled up and cancelled after they refused to get another Uber for the extra people. I got a cancel fee on them as they refused to take two Ubers. Then this evening, same thing. Half drunk ass-hat tried to get about 9 in my car. He said, "I only have six" and started loading many people. I just sat there. "I can only take six, I can only take six, I can only take six..." They refused to remove anyone.

So I said, ok then I am cancelling the trip. They still just sat there. Unfortunately for this dummy he told me to start the trip while they were taking forever to load. So, he got a charge for the car not moving 1 inch and got a big one star. They got real mouthy when I made them all get out. .."you suck, you suck, you suck.." "I hope you get in a wreck".. blah blah.. Thought the ass-hat was going to throw a punch at one point but he finally walked away. Me... yes I suck.. BYE! Uber's stance on this is that anything above number of seatbelts is illegal. You can bet those 20 something jerks would sue your ass off if you wreck with them while you are transporting too many riders. That $5 you make could ruin your life.

Don't even ASK them to get another Uber. Just cancel and move on. The minute you tell jacka$$es no your rating is going to be a 1 star even if they comply. Screw that.

Last edited:

D Town

I asked one group of 5 who was going to rip me if I allow it. They looked at me as if I said can I f your mother. Smh the word top has become a dirty word. Get going I told them as they scuffed the backs of my front seats squeezing In.

Tip? How DARE you ask for a tip??? Its included! Now hurry up and do some illegal sh*t for my benefit while risking your own livelihood and be quick about it.

ATL2SD

Hey, I like you man! I love when I get to reject riders because thats when their sense of entitlement really shines through & I can mouth off to them with little to no recourse. I'll take a 1 star for that satisfaction.

Last edited:

Jose_A

This is basically the story of my life. It happened 3x last night. The first one tried to cram 9 into my Sienna for a walking distance trip. They finally gave in, but the girl in the back kept @@@@@ing. I gave that f**ker a 2* only because I was being nice. I wanted to punch some of them.

yolo25

I had a group of 10 pull up to my uberx. I roll down the window and asked "how many passengers"? She replied about 4. One of the girls was grabbing the back door handle saying "let me in". I said call a uber XL and kicked rocks. They looked shocked:eek: that I did that. I guess they are use to getting over on other drivers smh. :rolleyes:

devilmountain

I had an XL pickup last night and quickly got a call. "How many can you take", I responded " I have seat belts for six". He offered a 20 dollar tip for me to take seven people and said no. I quickly cancelled the trip.

nickd8775

I had an XL pickup last night and quickly got a call. "How many can you take", I responded " I have seat belts for six". He offered a 20 dollar tip for me to take seven people and said no. I quickly cancelled the trip.
Some XL cars can fit 7 legally.

D Town

Some XL cars can fit 7 legally.

And some Uber X can only seat 3. I always found it helpful to send a text right after the ping letting the pax know up front how many I could take. Saved some headaches on both sides.

Jose_A

Some minivans have 2 rows that can take 7 pax, but most have 2 bucket seats for the second row.