Ok, let’s talk the PenInsula

Sacto Burbs

First let’s define it.

South City to Mountain View ?

Getting away from SFO just to be brought back.

Lyft has SF rates until San Carlos.

@seymour offered a tip to go to YouTube, or Milbrae Ave & 280 to get a southbound trip.

I hang out at Embassy Suites near Flyers gas station, but keep getting the SFO trips.
The Marriott at Hwy 92 & 101 will usually deliver one ride.

But outside rush hour, I’ve never found consistent rides that keep me on the Peninsula.

Crusing El Camino gets me nothing, but where to stop and wait ?

Is perching at any 280 on/off ramp for 10 min really going to deliver?

Do the Burlingame airport hotels deliver outside rush hour?

Is Hillsdale ever anything but short rides?

Youburr

The peninsula is Alviso to the Golden Gate Bridge as far as I’m concerned. I just go to where the pax are, some times they are on El Camino some times they are not.

South City to Mountain View is known as “mid-peninsula”.

ddelro219

I’ve found San Mateo, Redwood City, Palo Alto and Mountain View to be reliable when it comes to Pings. Millbrae, Burlingame, Belmont are dead zones in my experience

ddelro219

By the time I hit 3rd and ECR I usually get a ping. Not as reliable as RWC or Palo Alto but between RWC and SF, San Mateo has been a good bet for me over the other towns in that region.

Sacto Burbs

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I stumbled across a nice pocket, just south of Hillsdale, 10 am. Go figure.
Post automatically merged:

By the time I hit 3rd and ECR I usually get a ping. Not as reliable as RWC or Palo Alto but between RWC and SF, San Mateo has been a good bet for me over the other towns in that region.
Are you coming from 101 ? If I post at the Marriott at 101/92 I usually get a ride from somewhere in the neighborhood

Youburr

Go ahead and let all the ants know where you are finding your pax. That way, you won’t have to pick them up yourself. Let the others do the work for you, and you yourself can chill, drink a coke and take in a book on tape. Make proprietary information proprietary again.

Sacto Burbs

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Go ahead and let all the ants know where you are finding your pax. That way, you won’t have to pick them up yourself. Let the others do the work for you, and you yourself can chill, drink a coke and take in a book on tape. Make proprietary information proprietary again.
Ok
Post automatically merged:

South City to Mountain View is known as “mid-peninsula”.
I call it the land of where you can’t go barefoot in the summer because it’s too damn cold