Uber Drivers Forum banner
41 - 60 of 92 Posts
This is a problem that was created by the airport authority's failure to anticipate the demand for TNC staging parking and provide a timely solution. The story headline makes it sound like Uber and Lyft created this problem.

They shouldn't take parking away from taxis if they still need all that is allocated, but since pickup fees can also be accessed on rideshare pickups, they should provide adequate staging for them as well.

The question I'd like asked is "Does the amount of TNC drivers currently staging at MCO greatly exceed the demand for pickups?"
If the answer is NO, then more parking is needed now.
If the answer is YES, then the ants might eventually learn to move on if the parking lot is already full, and the airport authority is justified in not adding more staging parking.

This is a problem that was created by the airport authority's failure to anticipate the demand for TNC staging parking and provide a timely solution. The story headline makes it sound like Uber and Lyft created this problem.

They shouldn't take parking away from taxis if they still need all that is allocated, but since pickup fees can also be accessed on rideshare pickups, they should provide adequate staging for them as well.

The question I'd like asked is "Does the amount of TNC drivers currently staging at MCO greatly exceed the demand for pickups?"
If the answer is YES, then the ants might eventually learn to move on if the parking lot is already full, and the airport authority is justified in not adding more staging parking.
at times they need so many Ubers there. But other times no. Other times its a huge go to Fifo and leave in three minutes

Discussion starter · #48 ·

FĂĽbr is partly to blame in the sense that drivers are in the queque but yet they don't know what number they are. FĂĽbr has done this on purpose to keep drivers there.
Naming the lot to "The Deplorables" lot might be a bit more appropriate given the circumstances.

You have to look at how long it takes to work though those 80+ vehicles in the B-52 lot.

If it takes 3 hours to work through 80 vehicles then there is plenty of parking. If it takes 10 minutes to work through 80 vehicles then there is not enough parking.

Lyft and Uber need to provide the data indicating how many rides are originating per hour at MCO in order to determine the proper size staging area.

The airport is not required to provide a staging area for more TNC vehicles than are needed. The rule is that if you get to the B-52 lot and there are no spaces; then you must leave. They will need to enforce this rule.

I appreciate that. I don't like all the cynicism that I see on here. I understand that it doesn't work well for everyone but I believe it just depends on whether or not you've got a fuel efficient car and if you know where the hotspots are. But I appreciate that.
it does not matter how fuel efficient your car is, how busy the hotspots are, you cannot make money driving for 48 cents a miles, it's just not possible. You car is losing value, your breaks, tires, oil, etc... will need to be replaced more often, etc...

it does not matter how fuel efficient your car is, how busy the hotspots are, you cannot make money driving for 48 cents a miles, it's just not possible. You car is losing value, your breaks, tires, oil, etc... will need to be replaced more often, etc...
Ok. I dunno where you're getting the $.48 from as I did x yesterday and got $.53 a mile I believe. But that not withstanding. It does.

The less maintenance your car requires, the less it depreciates and the less you pay over time esp with an older, fuel efficient car.

The more fuel efficient, the less you spend on gas per mile, the less driving you do (from waiting in the hotspots), the less you pay for the above. It's really not that difficult to understand it.

Sure, it's not a GREAT way to earn money full time and you ARE right to an extent but your car CAN EASILY make or break your ability to earn anything that can be considered profit and I'm sorry, but no matter how much you choose not to see and believe me, it doesn't change the fact I DO clear a profit esp with the mileage deductions.

Additionally, you make way more doing uber eats ($1 a mile vs whatever figure you want to use for x) and that's primarily what I do. Timing and smarts are everything so yes, absolutely your car and knowledge of the city you drive in is necessary if you want to make any kind of money driving.

41 - 60 of 92 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.