Oh this is gonna be a nightmare with Minors now

UberIsAllFubared

So California just made it illegal for ride share drivers to drive unaccompanied minors. This is gonna be a pain in the ass telling these kids I can't pick them up.

And if you do pick them up, not only will you be breaking the law, but if you get in an accident with them in the car no way insurance is gonna pay.

Bye bye to all those 3x surges after school.

IERide

Do you have a link to more info on this new law?
I wonder what der Uber will say when we cancel because the pax is a minor?

Ben105

I heard of this law. Citation? I don't pick up minors anyway, but I like to keep up on the laws.

IERide

I heard of this law. Citation? I don't pick up minors anyway, but I like to keep up on the laws.
Curious what you do when you see the pax is a minor? Do you just keep driving and cancel?
asking because I'm new and I want to know what to do.

Ben105

No. I'm not rude, but I tell them that we're not allowed to transport minors. They say they do it all the time - and they do, but just not in my car. Way too risky. These kids often have their own accounts s with parents cc info. I don't charge them a cancel fee.

UberIsAllFubared

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Its in the "training video" uber sent out last week that we were suppose to watch. They talked about the new laws in California, were we have to have a uber trade dress in the front window and the back, and also said it was now illegal to have unaccompanied minors in the vehicle.