OH NO, it's really happening - no $600 supplement next week!

Trafficat

Sen. Martha McSally (R-Ariz.) later attempted to pass a one-week extension to the $600 in boosted benefits. But Schumer objected, deriding the effort as another stunt. The New York Democrat then proceeded to try again to pass the Heroes Act, which Republicans blocked.
Typical dem strategy... They could have expanded unemployment by one week, possibly every week one at a time until an agreement could be reached, but the Dems either want to get a massively expanded bill or nothing. Looks like you get nothing. Congratulations.

Zibbit

Typical dem strategy... They could have expanded unemployment by one week, possibly every week one at a time until an agreement could be reached, but the Dems either want to get a massively expanded bill or nothing. Looks like you get nothing. Congratulations.
So people who don't want to pay you a penny aren't the problem but the Democrats who made sure you got paid all this time as a self-employed are the ones to be blamed? They could have expanded what, the senate is in recess until September.

Trafficat

So people who don't want to pay you a penny aren't the problem but the Democrats who made sure you got paid all this time as a self-employed are the ones to be blamed? They could have expanded what you imbecile, the senate is in recess until September.
Enjoy your lack of unemployment. If I had my way, no one would have gotten any anyway. You can thank your Democrat friends for being unwilling to do any compromise. They held your unemployment hostage so they could try for a larger agenda, and their plan failed, so you lose.

Zibbit

Enjoy your lack of unemployment. If I had my way, no one would have gotten any anyway. You can thank your Democrat friends for being unwilling to do any compromise. They held your unemployment hostage so they could try for a larger agenda, and their plan failed, so you lose.
Oh another nonqualifier :smiles: With last Sunday's payment, I saved 45k in the bank and never have to drive again. I'm the last person to be sad. Now go get your $2.62.

Trafficat

Oh another nonqualifier :smiles: With last Sunday's payment, I saved 45k in the bank and never have to drive again. I'm the last person to be sad you @@@@ing loser. Now go get your $2.62.
Actually, I do qualify for it. I still don't agree with the government printing all this money.

Your $45K might become worthless when inflation kicks in from complete government recklessness with spending and printing money.

#UNSUSTAINABLE

LetsBeSmart

I sure hope we get it retroactively when it finally gets passed.
In a White House press briefing Tuesday, President Donald Trump -- when asked what would happen if there is no deal completed at the end of the week -- said "We're gonna take care of the people."

On Wednesday, Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin and President Trump spoke with reporters about the current status of a deal with Democrats.

"As of now, we're very far apart and because of that the president and we have discussed a short-term extension to UI (unemployment insurance) and the evictions so that we have some period to negotiate before it runs out," Mnuchin said.

www.cnet.com

Extra $600 CARES Act unemployment benefit ends today: Here's where things stand
The final enhanced unemployment checks were sent earlier this week. Democrats and Republicans have yet to negotiate a deal to replace the Federal Pandemic Unemployment Compensation.

kc ub'ing!

It will be retroactive! Just tighten the belt for a couple weeks. All is well.

Only idiots @@@@@ about social welfare going to the poor, especially considering they’re poor too.

Meanwhile corporate welfare to billionaires goes unmentioned as they @@@@ us in the ass and send jobs overseas for higher profits.

Tony73

You should receive your last $600 Monday August 3rd. Which is the same week senate will go on recession. Which means they’ll pass something by Friday the 7th. I wouldn’t worry, it’s very clear without the $600 America would dive into a depression so deep it would become a 3rd world country overnight.

I’m sure the idea here is to get those who can, back to work. In that case you should go back to work and stop collecting free cheese.

Mash Ghasem

Sal29

I sure hope we get it retroactively when it finally gets passed.
The Dems should be demanding $1,200 a week. Starting from $600 is too weak a negotiating position. If there is no deal, the vast majority of Americans will blame Trump and the Republicans. The red line for the Dems is $600 a week and the Red Line for Republicans is 100% legal immunity for giant foreign corporations no matter how many people die from a businesses negligence.

Tony73

What’s crazy is that GOP straight up lied saying they offered a 4 month $600 extension last night. They want to bring it down to $200 /w I don’t know about you but that doesn’t even cover groceries.