Oh no I didn't Uber!!

Sure

There is no way in hell that I missed 5 trips. The app didn't make a sound and there was no notifications. I didn't miss 5 trips, you lie. I'm really glad that I don't have to worry about hourly, there's no way I would make it.

I would have missed them had I known about them, but I didn't know about them.

Anyone else?

Attachments

I have ghost pings during rides too!No noise happened.And if flashed up on the screen with no noise that is bullshit!I only look at my gps for the next turn!I don't stare at it like a noob!

driving312

One of my days last week they denied my hourly also...they said I missed 5 requests. Sent 14 accepted 9. Nope, never happened.

Mine was for Tuesday 3pm-12am last week

Last edited:

Blackhawks3

Same thing happened to me this past Sunday. Dropped of an X ride and when I finished rating, it said I missed five pickups. I highly doubt I missed five stacked rides during that trip.

BeingStewie

I wonder if it affects your acceptance rate if you haven't dropped the first ride yet. Many a times the riders have a second stop. I assumed it doesn't, so I have started to wait to let the next ping end before I end my last trip, if I want to take a break or just check where the surge is before accepting another ride.

Sure

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I wonder if it affects your acceptance rate if you haven't dropped the first ride yet. Many a times the riders have a second stop. I assumed it doesn't, so I have started to wait to let the next ping end before I end my last trip, if I want to take a break or just check where the surge is before accepting another ride.
I don't know if it does or not, but I was about 40% before starting to drive last night, and I ended about 50%. If I really missed those 5 rides, it should have gone down. That is if they really sent me 5 rides. I have no proof they did, and I don't really think they did.

75drive

There is no way in hell that I missed 5 trips. The app didn't make a sound and there was no notifications. I didn't miss 5 trips, you lie. I'm really glad that I don't have to worry about hourly, there's no way I would make it.

Anyone else?
I refused a stacked ride Sunday and they said I cancelled the ride. I emailed them and was polite the first time but after that they got nastier and nastier! Yesterday I cancelled a pool ride when the timer expired and they said I didn't wait five minutes per the cancellation policy and after 3 subsequent emails the third one telling them to keep their chuckling $5 they paid me!

U for Uber

Anyone else?
You might've had the same issue I was having last week. A ping would come up as a notification without anything alerting me. I would see "Uber Request" and the options to decline or accept. Being on guarantee, I panicked and accepted as fast as I could without reading any other information.

Sure

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You might've had the same issue I was having last week. A ping would come up as a notification without anything alerting me. I would see "Uber Request" and the options to decline or accept. Being on guarantee, I panicked and accepted as fast as I could without reading any other information.
I don't know, I would have seen at the very least one request. I always notice emails and texts, no way I would've missed 5 in a 3 mile trip. I just don't believe they even sent them to me.

driving312

I had 100% acceptance for 7 days over 40hours....except for the 5 rides they state I didn't accept one night.

They won't budge at all on considering the error is in their computers.

Kuber

One other gotcha- if your Bluetooth connection to car audio is on and you're listening to the radio you won't hear anything during a request. I have to remind myself to turn off the Bluetooth audio connection in the case controls every time I get in the car.

bingybingyfoo

Doesn't matter if they admit it- this is what makes the (often higher) uber guarantees so risky- they can claim that you missed a request you never did and you're just, screwed. The time I argued it they just told me they don't pay guarantees over glitches or app issues. Without a live acceptance rate or even individual missed ping notifications you are helpless to take whatever crap they give you.

UberServant

There is absolutely no consistency to any of this. Sometimes the app pings and then sometimes it goes silent. Sometimes you get a automatic acceptance on both pool and X and other times it pings. I get so tired of having to second guess this app. From one day to the next there is one inconsistency or another and it gets very tiresome.