OH MY GOD!!!!!

Seattle_my_beloved

I did it, yes!!! For the first time ever, I hit 800. Hohohoho, hurrayyyyyyyy!!!!

20190403_013423.jpg

Post automatically merged:

How can I push it up a little more???? Hey financial nerds, any suggestions please????? Thank you!!!

Last edited:

Seattle_my_beloved

Congratulations! Not sure what advice to give besides KEEP DOING WHATEVER YOU'RE DOING.
Thank you. I think I got lucky. Looks like two hard pulls fell off. Also, I am not carrying any balance.

I am preparing myself for a morgage someday, a little house near WA mountains :smiles:

Last edited:

Fozzie

To help maximize, try to keep utilization below 2% (But always have at least a 1% balance), limit your hard pulls, and make sure that you have diverse types of accounts active. (credit cards, car loan, home loan, personal bank loan) Also, have patience and don't close old accounts unless you have to. You want your average account age to be as old as possible. The hard pulls are more important than a lot of people think, and more than 2 or 3 in a 2 year period is enough to kill any card app from companies like Citi. Congratulations again!

Also, please note that the score on Credit Karma is a Vantage score, not a FICO. For mortgage purposes, focus of the FICO from the 3 bureaus. I'm not a fan of Credit Karma, but they are good for monitoring general "account health."

Last edited:

Seattle_my_beloved

Dave Ramsey will get pissed at me if I call him. We should not worship at the altar of FICO. We should do plastic surgery and should have a credit score of zero. He says he hasn't had a credit card in over 30 years lol.
"Who wants to be normal, America!!! Normal in America is broke. Be abnormal!!! They have American Distress, a Master Card, who named that anyways, and they have Visa coming out of their ears " :biggrin:
Dave Ramsey

Fozzie

The key isn't NO CREDIT, the key is wisely using credit as a tool to get what you want. Credit cards are like guns. By themselves they're harmless, but in the hands of irresponsible individuals they have the potential to do great damage. It's the misuse of credit that causes the problems, not credit itself.

Try buying a home like Ramsey with a thin file. IF you can find a company to finance the deal, you're going to pay infinitely more or wait decades longer before being able to afford anything.