• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Oh look... another new person.

Jlynn

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Welcome aboard. Why Uber in Baltimore and Lyft in Pennsylvania?
Great question! I live in PA, but I'm only an hour from Baltimore. Sometimes when it's slow in PA, I like to know that I have options of heading to Baltimore and since there are two rideshare companies, but you can't drive in both PA and Baltimore with either one exclusively, I feel like I have both states covered this way. Uber used to allow drivers to go all over PA. They recently changed this and no longer allow it.
My Lyft coverage area: All of PA
My Uber coverage area: All of MD, DC and Northern VA.
With this, I have a nice huge area to drive around in.

That and I really like being able to break up the monotony.
Post automatically merged:

Welcome aboard.

Your choice of wording for your thread title shows you should fit right in with the rest of us miscreants and misanthropes. :roflmao:
That's what I was aiming for! :devilish:

KK2929

Great question! I live in PA, but I'm only an hour from Baltimore. Sometimes when it's slow in PA, I like to know that I have options of heading to Baltimore and since there are two rideshare companies, but you can't drive in both PA and Baltimore with either one exclusively, I feel like I have both states covered this way. Uber used to allow drivers to go all over PA. They recently changed this and no longer allow it.
My Lyft coverage area: All of PA
My Uber coverage area: All of MD, DC and Northern VA.
With this, I have a nice huge area to drive around in.

That and I really like being able to break up the monotony.
Post automatically merged:

That's what I was aiming for! :devilish:
------------------
Hi and welcome. This forum will give you answers to questions when U/L support does not. BUT, the catch is that you have to decide what is a correct answer. :smiles:
Question for you -- Uber does not require that you only work in your resident state, which would be PA ?

Jlynn

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
------------------
Hi and welcome. This forum will give you answers to questions when U/L support does not. BUT, the catch is that you have to decide what is a correct answer. :smiles:
Question for you -- Uber does not require that you only work in your resident state, which would be PA ?
Thanks for the welcome! I'm already learning a lot from others here. To answer your question: Nope. They don't require me to drive in my home state. As long as I can provide proper documentation that my vehicle is legal to be on the road and is properly inspected, they allow me to drive where I want. I conveniently close to the MD/PA border. Additionally, when you are driving in the Baltimore region, it actually covers all of Maryland, DC and parts of Norther VA, so you're already driving in another state and DC to begin with.
My neighbor used to drive for Uber and she would head to TSU (Towson State U) during the school year and bank some nice $$ in a weekend. Of course that was when Uber drivers actually made decent money doing this four or five years ago.