• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Oh dear more phone " touching " problems on the horizon

Golfer

Just watching news , Transport Minister Mark Bailey , is in 2020 hoping to legislate new severe laws , $ 1000 for touching your phone.
Now forget the current laws , they will be null & void .
From what I could gleen , the police will have spotters on street corners / an army of " Vespa's" on city streets looking through our windows / spying / looking over our shoulders so to speak , not only rideshare but all and sundry , to catch people " touching their mobile .

The biggest problem I have with this is ,
When pulled up at a red light , and pax says, " can I jump out now" I usually say ok with me ,
Now our problem ( if you are like minded ) is we can't turn off the fare ( ther maybe a plainclothes foot soldier , watching ) until we have pulled into a 2 min. Loading Zone , that maybe a block away :eek: so how do we explain to pax , this new dilema facing us :thumbdown:
These new laws in a clamp down on phone usage will obviously pass.
The army of " enforcers" also includes foot patrols walking through traffic / police on vespa' s/ and the motor bike police , on the lookout for offenders,
The reporters outside the RACQ Edward street saw 8 in a few minutes ,
Anyone else see this report :unsure:

Ah for the good old days of Joh, brown paper bag , (under table of course )full of money , and that Mark Bailey ( looks shifty) , I reckon we would have been exempted :smiles:

Oh I should add they showed footage of all the above , " dirty deeds " not done cheap , in Sydney .

Last edited:

Wrenn

Just watching news , Transport Minister Mark Bailey , is in 2020 hoping to legislate new severe laws , $ 1000 for touching your phone.
From what I could gleen , the police will have spotters on street corners / an army of " Vespa's" on city streets looking through our windows / spying / looking over our shoulders so to speak , not only rideshare but all and sundry , to catch people " touching their mobile .

When pulled up at a red light , and pax says, " can I jump out now" I usually say ok with me ,
Now our problem ( if you are like minded ) is we can't turn off the fare ( ther maybe a plainclothes foot soldier , watching ) until we have pulled into a 2 min. Loading Zone , that maybe a block away :eek: so how do we explain to pax , this new dilema facing us :thumbdown:
The army of " enforcers" also includes foot patrols walking through traffic / police on vespa' s/ and the motor bike police , on the lookout for offenders,

Ah for the good old days of Joh, brown paper bag , (under table of course )full of money , and that Mark Bailey ( looks shifty) , I reckon we would have been exempted :smiles:

Oh I should add they showed footage of all the above , " dirty deeds " not done cheap , in Sydney .
Apple car play compatibility or android equivalent?

Toucan12

If every ride share driver sent an email to the premier, then I am sure that some form of exemption will be written in. But from my experience, the vast majority of ride share drivers are far to lazy to make the effort.

Golfer

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
If every ride share driver sent an email to the premier, then I am sure that some form of exemption will be written in. But from my experience, the vast majority of ride share drivers are far to lazy to make the effort.
Not abad idea that , just a simple say , " we need to touch our phones to srart/ complete trips " sought of thing
His email address
And a time am/ pm
And the same email message ,

If that dosent work , there's always
glue ourselves to a city street :smiles:
But at the moment myhands stuck in my pocket ,