Oh, Christy... ?‍♀️

goneubering

I didn't know where they were located. They found me right after I canceled the ride and told me they had been out front. Where there was nowhere for me to pull over. But regardless, I made more money by canceling, so yeah, I would do it all over again. And I wouldn't be deactivated because if Uber looked into it they'd see I was right smack on top of the pin.

It’s common courtesy to call or text your riders before cancelling. It’s sad that some drivers actually seem to enjoy abusing passengers.

goneubering

It's no different than the abuse we as drivers endure. And I actually defend the gig economy

Two wrongs don’t make a right. I do understand many posters here are mad at Uber but that doesn’t excuse bad behavior towards passengers.

goneubering

It’s Lyfts policy to call and text. Uber’s policy is the opposite as Uber believes people don’t like to get calls.

I’m talking about Uber. I send riders a text in case I ever need to document the conversation. There have been many times over the years when the app hasn’t notified a rider I’ve arrived so they’re happy to get my text.

Another Uber Driver

There have been many times over the years when the app hasn’t notified a rider I’ve arrived so they’re happy to get my text.

This has been a problem with Uber since Day One. When we had only Uber Black and Uber Taxi, here, I had the same problem. I was constantly calling customers. Shuffling on Uber Taxi is not profitable.

goneubering

This has been a problem with Uber since Day One. When we had only Uber Black and Uber Taxi, here, I had the same problem. I was constantly calling customers. Shuffling on Uber Taxi is not profitable.

It seems like I have this problem most often in areas with a weak signal.
Post automatically merged:

Ehh, this is not my kind of group. I'll delete my account when I figure out how.

To the good-hearted, kind & cool drivers out there, just keep going you'll be rewarded soon, don't worry. For you others, good luck...

Take care, everyone.

What’s this “rewarded soon” thing?

Ziggywaz

I'm about to wrap up my morning shift when I get a ping for a 4 minute trip while in downtown Richmond. Definitely a walking-distance trip, and it wasn't crazy hot yet, nor was it raining. I accept, only because the pick up location was less than a block away. As I approach the Berkley Hotel, I see that the pin is set to the side of the building on 12th St, not right out front, which was great because street parking in front was full but there was a perfect spot for me on 12th St right smack on top of the pin. Either Christy was smart enough to set the pin in a place I could actually pick her up safely and legally, or she was a moron who had no idea where the pin was and I'd be able to cancel and make 75¢ more than if I'd driven her. Turns out to be the latter, and my smile is getting bigger and bigger as the clock ticks down and there's no Christy in sight. 5 minutes up, I cancel right away. As soon as I start to pull out, I hear two women shouting, "Wait! Wait!" Keeping my doors locked, I stop, and roll down my window halfway. These idiots need to learn a thing or two. They run up to me, only for me to say "Sorry but I already canceled, your time was up."
"But we were waiting right out front!" whines Christy's friend.
"The pin was set right here for the pick up location. There wasn't anywhere for me to pull over out front, anyways." I replied.
"Then why didn't you call me?" asks Christy, indignant.
"You could've called me. I waited for you exactly where the pin was set. You could see where I was on your app."
Christy and her friend stare at me for a second like they didn't know what hit 'em.
"Sorry!" I say sarcastically, with a shrug, as I drive off to go home and take a nap.
Hopefully you learned to pay attention to your app, Christy. It's not my fault you're a dumbass. But thanks for the $3.75!
Nice to know that there are drivers out there that are actually trying to provide a service to people rather than sit around the corner waiting for the clock to run out to collect your cancellation fee. A simple call and you could have taken these people where they needed to go. Not every ride is a $30 ride. You get a short ride once in a while. Keep chasing that 3.75 cancellation fee. You'll go far.

MadTownUberD

The Trendy Transporter
Nice to know that there are drivers out there that are actually trying to provide a service to people rather than sit around the corner waiting for the clock to run out to collect your cancellation fee. A simple call and you could have taken these people where they needed to go. Not every ride is a $30 ride. You get a short ride once in a while. Keep chasing that 3.75 cancellation fee. You'll go far.

How long have you been driving / how many trips?

goneubering

I agree. The professional thing to do is contact the rider. I prefer texting so there’s a record of the conversation (just in case I ever need it) but calling works too.

nutzareus

UberPool and Express get no notifications from me. $4.00 to wait 2 minutes only, easy money. You pick the cheapskate rate, you take your chances and get shuffled.

MadTownUberD

The Trendy Transporter
I almost did a cancel no show this morning. The pin and the address did not match so I started at the address and pulled around the corner to the PIN. I was the only car around and there was a small group of guys talking, not making eye contact with me. After a few minutes no one came out of the building where the pin was, so I pulled around the block and went back to the address. The group of guys was still standing there talking not making eye contact with me so I waited until 4 minutes and 30 seconds and started pulling away. As I did, an event worker pointed to the guy chasing after my car. I didn't have the heart to screech off so I stopped and let him in. He had come from the group of guys standing there talking.
Post automatically merged:

The first thing he did after he got into my car was throw a $10 bill at me. I asked if he wanted change and he said no, it was for my troubles and he just wanted to get home after tending bar then drinking all night. He did not seem bothered at all that I did not attempt to contact him because he realized he should have approached me earlier.