oh Boy

uber6

When I joined uber in November all the articles said majority of drivers had college degrees.

As pay went down people from low income areas moved in.

I will never take a uber.

BostonTaxiDriver

The article mentions TINTED car windows.

Hello...?

WHY does Uber allow tinted windows?

They never even look at the cars in most markets, right? At least Lyft has a mentor session, but would Lyft disqualify an applicant with tinted windows?

Why are female pax getting into Ubers with tinted windows?!

Uberana

When I joined uber in November all the articles said majority of drivers had college degrees.

As pay went down people from low income areas moved in.

I will never take a uber.
Here's a cut and paste of an article about uber's success in signing up driver from the south and west sides of Chicago.

Good intentions sometimes have bad consequences.

Tuesday, April 05, 2016
CHICAGO (WLS) -- The rideshare company Uber announced that there are more than 11,000 new drivers rolling through Chicago's South and West sides.

It started with a recruiting initiative nine months ago to sign up 10,000 new drivers in a year. Uber surpassed its goal in less time.

"Whether it's Austin or Englewood, you're looking at an average wait time of four minutes. And when you consider the fact that Uber wasn't around just a few years ago, it's a pretty cool thing," said Marco McCottry, Uber's general manager in Chicago.

To date, the new drivers have earned more than $13 million on the Uber platform.

pizza guy

Here's a cut and paste of an article about uber's success in signing up driver from the south and west sides of Chicago.

Good intentions sometimes have bad consequences.

Tuesday, April 05, 2016
CHICAGO (WLS) -- The rideshare company Uber announced that there are more than 11,000 new drivers rolling through Chicago's South and West sides.

It started with a recruiting initiative nine months ago to sign up 10,000 new drivers in a year. Uber surpassed its goal in less time.

"Whether it's Austin or Englewood, you're looking at an average wait time of four minutes. And when you consider the fact that Uber wasn't around just a few years ago, it's a pretty cool thing," said Marco McCottry, Uber's general manager in Chicago.

To date, the new drivers have earned more than $13 million on the Uber platform.
Any kind of descent income source for those neighborhoods is good for everyone. Even Uber pays better than most of the jobs available there.
My problem is that some of the drivers from those areas haven't driven the number of miles in Chicagoland to do so safely. All to often I see an Uber driver doing the speed limit in one of the left lanes on the expressway. Sorry but doing the speed limit on the expressway is suicidal and dangerous to others in anything less than heavy traffic.

Chicago88

Too funny...stupid passengers believing all Uber drivers are just good guys - THEY'RE NOT! some/most are but certainly NOT ALL - LOOK at the guy????? Seriously would you let you daughter get int the car with him?????, let alone when she's passed out drunk! even funnier is the stupid public believing background checks aren't necessary. Uber will send rapist, killers, drug abusers, drunks, etc - whatever car is available - to pick passengers up. Uber has never cared who is driving the car. You can change your Uber driver profile picture to anyone of your friends, relatives, neighbors, whoever you want and now suddenly they are the Uber driver. Uber knows this and still won't change it.

Chicago-uber

The article mentions TINTED car windows.

Hello...?

WHY does Uber allow tinted windows?

They never even look at the cars in most markets, right? At least Lyft has a mentor session, but would Lyft disqualify an applicant with tinted windows?

Why are female pax getting into Ubers with tinted windows?!
I do not agree with you. I think cars look better with tinted windows, and it gives pax some privacy.

I have tinted windows, and the only person being harassed is my fiancé. Lol :smiles::p

pizza guy

I do not agree with you. I think cars look better with tinted windows, and it gives pax some privacy.

I have tinted windows, and the only person being harassed is my fiancé. Lol :smiles::p
I think it depends on the service. Select and black yes, not so sure about x.

Mm450

Same here! Got my windows tinted specifically for Uber-ing. My wife loves it too because it makes fondling each other while on the road much more private and fun.