• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Oh boy

Djc

Got an email from uber saying get $600 if refer a driver who signs up through their vehicle financing by March. Um no thanks sorry I would not do that to a fellow human being thats just like giving a mortgage to someone who will never be able to make the payments in 3 years when rate changes (prob 6 months the way uber is) like back in 2005-2007. And no I'm not going to help you put drivers into a contract that will force them to drive just so you have enough "contracted" drivers to reduce rates again. Smh.

2500hd

Got an email from uber saying get $600 if refer a driver who signs up through their vehicle financing by March. Um no thanks sorry I would not do that to a fellow human being thats just like giving a mortgage to someone who will never be able to make the payments in 3 years when rate changes (prob 6 months the way uber is) like back in 2005-2007. And no I'm not going to help you put drivers into a contract that will force them to drive just so you have enough "contracted" drivers to reduce rates again. Smh.
Got the same email. I can't believe the hutspa of uber to even suggest that we put another poor slob into indentured servitude aka uber lease leading to another cut in rates due to drivers sleeping in their cars to make ends meet. Really demonstrates how Stupid and desperate Uber thinks all of the drivers are

BostonTaxiDriver

Are you able to reply back through that e-mail, and let them know there are actually informed drivers out there who wouldn't have the heart this Valentine's weekend to do that to anyone?

That's a new, desperate approach, as I'm not aware of that specific pitch to existing drivers. Granted, as a taxi driver and UberTaxi, I don't see those specific "deals" in my e-mail.

Oh, and why haven't they flooded the radio waves for drivers seeking life-changing $$$, in over two months? They'll ramp it up in the spring, I guess. And why no updates on "Rachel" and "Lawrence" ("you can make $20 or $500 daily...it's up to you!")?

2500hd

Are you able to reply back through that e-mail, and let them know there are actually informed drivers out there who wouldn't have the heart this Valentine's weekend to do that to anyone?

That's a new, desperate approach, as I'm not aware of that specific pitch to existing drivers. Granted, as a taxi driver and UberTaxi, I don't"" see those specific "deals" in my e-mail.

Oh, and why haven't they flooded the radio waves for drivers seeking life-changing $$$, in over two months? They'll ramp it up in the spring, I guess. And why no updates on "Rachel" and "Lawrence" ("you can make $20 or $500 daily...it's up to you!")?
I was just thinking of that commercial today while driving lol . I believe Lawrence was the foreign guy with the thick accent claiming "I can make a lotta money "an uberx driver can work 24 hours straight nowadays and he is not making much more than 250 . Last winter I was earning up to $60 per hour average and now that's ancient history. Now it's 15 to 18 per hr. Next year it will be 8 to 12 per hour...,but I will just stay home

Casuale Haberdasher

POST # 1/Djc : "Ahoy!" and Welcome to
the UP.Net Forums from
Mostly Dark...overnight...Marco Island on
Florida's Wild SSW Coast.

Congratulations on Achieving Enlighten-
ment at this Early Stage of your UPNF
Membership. Now you can apply for
PartTime Bodhisattva gig.

Bison Chortling!

Last edited:

Djc

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

That's a new, desperate approach, as I'm not aware of that specific pitch to existing drivers. Granted, as a taxi driver and UberTaxi, I don't see those specific "deals" in my e-mail.

Haha what's the point uber CSRs are dumb as bricks their job is to read the 1st line of your email and find an email template that likely fits but in most cases doesn't even address your email. Even if I emailed the top brass their head is so far up their backside that they'll just ignore it and keep playing the game. Until someone does some anti uber driver advertising at a large scale or the government steps in (both slim to none in near future) they know there are enough stupid people out there to exploit

Djc

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Haha what's the point uber CSRs are dumb as bricks their job is to read the 1st line of your email and find an email template that likely fits but in most cases doesn't even address your email. Even if I emailed the top brass their head is so far up their backside that they'll just ignore it and keep playing the game. Until someone does some anti uber driver advertising at a large scale or the government steps in (both slim to none in near future) they know there are enough stupid people out there to exploit
I mean if you can send an email out to all the nyc drivers (and im sure most new ones brought it) saying super bowl Sunday had the most rides ever and tens of thousands of new uber riders made the surges go way above normal when thats a complete lie (I mean who in nyc who can afford uber doesn't already have an account at 1.75/mile its still not cheap enough for those that take the subway home after a bar or working late. The PR machine needs to be exposed.

Casuale Haberdasher

I mean if you can send an email out to all the nyc drivers (and im sure most new ones brought it) saying super bowl Sunday had the most rides ever and tens of thousands of new uber riders made the surges go way above normal when thats a complete lie (I mean who in nyc who can afford uber doesn't already have an account at 1.75/mile its still not cheap enough for those that take the subway home after a bar or working late. The PR machine needs to be exposed.
POST # 7/Djc: I sense your Outrage and
WHOLEHEARTEDLY
support your efforts to spread "The Word".
Two suggestions come to mind:

1) Read from the Gospel of St. Comity, Our
Number 1 Notable, chi1cabby....DAILY!
His 20 month MARATHON of News and
News Related Posts, mostly in Thread
Format, reflect his Tireless Efforts to
"shine a light on their ([F]Uber's) Bot-
tomless Duplicity". chi1cabby has
URGED ALL UPNFers to "TWEET".

2) Your Post, quoted above, is Numbered
823054. That corresponds with the SIZE
of the Searchable Database that is at your
fingertips, here on UPNF,the Most Com-
prehensive Source of Information on
"things" A-B TNC, in General, and for
the Global Threat of the Pandemic that
has been unleashed by Mr. "It's All About
Me and my Hypomanic Grandiosity"
the Former Crown Prince of Kalanicki-
stan [May $Billions be Showered Upon
him] Emperor @$$hat the Fist, specifically.

Bison: HELL is too good-4-U-Travis!

Last edited:

Casuale Haberdasher

lol I do it for the fun:
POST # 9/EABlade: C H O R T L E !
Your vignette of Bill
Murray in his "earlier" years brings to
mind a FORMER Best Male Friend's im-
posing his "New Yorkers don't Barge in
on Celebrities" Mindset upon me, when
visiting Gotham in 1980. He was in the
Next Booth [floor to about 7 ft, for pri-