OG Tipper.

JDubb

So I'm sitting with the man's wife waiting for him to come out for a wedding. He says he's on his way so I decided to wait because his wife already in my car. She says sorry about this; you're definitely getting five stars.

Anyway, we have a great conversation and when it's time for them to leave her husband says, " give me five ". She replies by saying; i'm already going to give him five stars. He then shakes his head and says "You just cost me five more dollars. He wants beer money/lap dances not 5 stars." He then says I don't know what I was thinking with marrying this one.

Give mes $20 for a 10 minute trip. I definitely think this setup helps with my tips. I pretend likes its for tolls or past cheapskates giving me 1-2$.

Attachments

Ben105

I wouldn't feel comfortable with cash showing in the car. I know it's not a lot, but people do all sorts of things for a few bucks. Be careful! :smiles:

JDubb

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks for the heads up I appreciate that. Are they going to generally wealthier of the suburbs but still there are a few people out there. Considering most Drive in the backseat it's not as a bigger threat.

negeorgia

Congrats on having a rider with some sense. My last $20 tipper asked me 'what's Uber paying these days $3.50?' I said no, $3.20. (my minimum payout here).... He said here, please don't quit, I may need you again someday.

wk1102

So I'm sitting with the man's wife waiting for him to come out for a wedding. He says he's on his way so I decided to wait because his wife already in my car. She says sorry about this; you're definitely getting five stars.

Anyway, we have a great conversation and when it's time for them to leave her husband says, " give me five ". She replies by saying; i'm already going to give him five stars. He then shakes his head and says "You just cost me five more dollars. He wants beer money/lap dances not 5 stars." He then says I don't know what I was thinking with marrying this one.

Give mes $20 for a 10 minute trip. I definitely think this setup helps with my tips. I pretend likes its for tolls or past cheapskates giving me 1-2$.
That's what i do, 5-8 bucks folded in 2 or separate bundles. It has definitely made a difference

negeorgia

yeah thats a GREAT WAY to get robbed. Good luck w/ that
The cup holders between the seats are easy to keep on eye on. I personally have not noticed if it makes any difference when I display a few ones. People know before the trip starts if they are going to tip or not here where I drive.

LadyDi

I've had bills in my cup holder too and didn't see a difference. Most of my two and less are back seat riders. I take it out or cover it up when I leave the car for a break or for the day.

Adieu

btw RUDE MUCH???

So we got nothin better to do than feed our addictions and/or throw money at bimbos???

Anyway, anybody got any good ideas on how to kick such punks out/get similar satisfaction from some other symbolic act when you've inconveniently already reached their destination??

end trip & start loudly writing 1* complaint via speech to text???

HotRodriguez75

Tippers will tip. Non tippers don't tip. It's nice when a rider gets it. 5 stars don't hold any value. Cash money does. I hope you took that $20 and got a lap dance. :rolleyes:

I have used seed money without fear of being robbed however I have not seen my tips fluctuate because of this. I get tips when I work areas where riders are more likely to tip. Hint, hotel pickups increase your chances of tips. Bar pickups decrease your chances.

Adieu

Tippers will tip. Non tippers don't tip. It's nice when a rider gets it. 5 stars don't hold any value. Cash money does. I hope you took that $20 and got a lap dance. :rolleyes:

I have used seed money without fear of being robbed however I have not seen my tips fluctuate because of this. I get tips when I work areas where riders are more likely to tip. Hint, hotel pickups increase your chances of tips. Bar pickups decrease your chances.
SOME bars tip heavily

Its a knowledge game. Strand bad bar pax for less than like 4-5x.

Not worth it

5* actually DO hold value to low volume, high rate, high cost of entry Select/Premier/Black/Lux/SUV drivers - 9x 5* on UberX to clear 1* to barely passing levels (9*5 + 1*1=4,60) , 19x 5* to bump to 4,80 levels

EACH STAR COSTS $24 EXACTLY (before time lost and expenses of lossy rating stuffer rides)

Adieu

PS

Lyft OC is worse,@ 40% more expensive stars ($7 minfares)

19*7=$133 to clear a 1* rating for a 4,8 driver

PPS cost doubles again for a 4,90 driver, 39*$7= $273 cost of 1*~ = $68/star

And whetherthey admit it or not, but if a bad night messesup an established profitable driver hard enough, he WILL start stuffing ratings at cost to self if complaining fails

Because some of em got loans on 30-50k $ vehicles, and pay mortgages rent etc and feed their kids with this

Its NOT a sensible risk to NOT do it if your main cash flow app's sudden rating drop puts your livelihood at risk

Adieu

Seriously! You think having a few bucks in the cup holder is going to get you robbed? How about the $600 iPhone you're using?
And your car is worth much more at a chop shop.

So are you. Even an Uber driver hasa few marketable organs...

/Sarcasm but true.

HOWEVER, psychologically people react differently.

Sorta how just your id and debit card in your pockets - you draw zero interest from the criminal element, but bring a fat wallet (bulging with a gazillion rewards cards, receipts and a few auto shops business cards) - and that fat prize, with its $1 and 65 cents change, needs to be watched attentively