• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

***OFFICIAL*** rate cut protest thread (currently organizing)

1. I would like to keep the posts in this thread to a minimum because further information will follow. I would also ask for no one to post any thing until I do another post. I don't want to cloud the organization of this.

2. I am also not trying to undermine other threads that are talking about striking and or protests.

3. Striking will have almost no effect because the majority of people will not do it. However a small but organized protest outside of the Uber offices while getting local newspapers and news outlets etc. involved will have a greater effect. My goal is to organize such a protest.

4. Please keep checking the thread because more information will follow. Again, please do not post anything until I do another post and ask for something.

(My back story... I have a 4.96 rating and have been driving for over 3 years now. I have done the math and have found out that this does disproportionately affect suburban drivers and or long trips etc. Uber is currently getting flooded with calls and if you would like to do anything to be proactive in the meantime then call them and complain. They are well aware of this problem on some levels. On November 6th they changed the zones from Philly to suburbs and made them one. There was no email or app alerts sent out because they are claiming it is a pilot program. Obviously that makes no sense because they could have just done the math on historic rides to realize this does not work in many instances including suburban rides and long rides. Honestly I can't figure out how they would make out from this. Either way I am organizing something and I will get back to you soon with a new post. My plan is to have as many drivers possible available on a time we can come in agreement to to go down to the Philadelphia Uber office. Once again, information will be available shortly and please do not post until I do a second post.)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I apologize for the delay but I am absolutely not going to give up on this. Holidays with children and a temporary sickness has kept me from pushing forward. However let's push on...

1. This event will take place in January or early/mid February. The reason is because we will need adequate time to prepare for everything and I would also like to push for this to happen on a national scale.

2. I am asking for people to commit to one of the three levels of involvement.

Level 1 (I'm pissed)
Responsibilities/commitments:
-Show up on the date to protest. (Actual day and time will be made in the near future.)
People needed - unlimited

Level 2 (I'm pissed enough to be more proactive)
- All level 1 responsibilities and commitments.
- Help to promote this protest by using the plan that will be developed soon. Promotions would include PR as far as reaching out to news outlets and posting on social media and forum sites to get others involved.

Level 3 (Full on Braveheart)
- All level 2 responsibilities and commitments.
- Work with me to develop the plan of action.
People needed - 3 to 5

Please choose a level that you are able to commit to and send me a private message with your email address. Please keep in mind that each level will require more of your time and responsibilities will increase. I will update this post within a week and just as before please do not post on this thread so it looks clean and orderly. If you have any questions please private message me.

Thanks

disp350

I apologize for the delay but I am absolutely not going to give up on this. Holidays with children and a temporary sickness has kept me from pushing forward. However let's push on...

1. This event will take place in January or early/mid February. The reason is because we will need adequate time to prepare for everything and I would also like to push for this to happen on a national scale.

2. I am asking for people to commit to one of the three levels of involvement.

Level 1 (I'm pissed)
-Show up on the date to protest. (Actual day and time will be made in the near future.)

Level 2 (I'm pissed enough to be more proactive)
- All level 1 responsibilities and commitments.
- Help to promote this protest by using the plan that will be developed soon. Promotions would include PR as far as reaching out to news outlets and posting on social media and forum sites to get others involved.

Level 3 (Full on Braveheart)
- All level 2 responsibilities and commitments.
- Work with me to develop the plan of action.
People needed - 3 to 5

Please choose a level that you are able to commit to and send me a private message with your email address. Please keep in mind that each level will require more of your time and responsibilities will increase. I will update this post within a week and just as before please do not post on this thread so it looks clean and orderly. If you have any questions please private message me.

Thanks
How do plan on involving the 95% of drivers that don't read this forum? Nothing personal, but my only connect with other drivers is here. I don't get out of my car and talk to anyone else, especially when they have trade dress on their car and are not at the airport.

nm339242

How do plan on involving the 95% of drivers that don't read this forum? Nothing personal, but my only connect with other drivers is here. I don't get out of my car and talk to anyone else, especially when they have trade dress on their car and are not at the airport.
There are ways you can do that. For one, the airport lot obviously. You can also just print up flyers to leave on the windshields of any car with an Uber sticker. You could walk up and down broad street shouting while naked. Flyers or cards placed in every gas station bathroom.

Keep in mind these are suggestions for you to do, I'm not doing them. My form of protest is my job hunt

PhillyMatt

There are ways you can do that. For one, the airport lot obviously. You can also just print up flyers to leave on the windshields of any car with an Uber sticker. You could walk up and down broad street shouting while naked. Flyers or cards placed in every gas station bathroom.

Keep in mind these are suggestions for you to do, I'm not doing them. My form of protest is my job hunt
Ant lot/30th st, and public bathrooms around CC is a great place to start. Wawa, McDonalds, Acme, etc.... Only thing is, cabbies might trash them lol