• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Off topic: Gig Economy Meetup

Would you attend a meetup for Gig Economy Workers?

• Total voters

theheavyd

Hi Everyone,
I have some friends that are working Uber/Foodora/etc. I found that they are not maximizing their opportunities of working in the Gig Economy.
I wanted to put a feeler out there to see if people would be interested in a Meetup with a panel of experts that could provide tax tips like available write-offs, insurance tips like what policies to get, Expert Worker tips to maximize your earnings and of course to meet fellow Gig Economy Workers.

Event would be free and would happen once every 3-4 months.

Let me know if this is of interestI
Thanks,
Darren

la pulga

I found that they are not maximizing their opportunities of working in the Gig Economy
LMAO. To maximize ones opportunity, one should delete this app. Matter of fact drive down to Queens Quay west and throw your phone in the river.

this sounds like a sales pitch. Why do you want to help others? I don't think you understand the gig economy. a smarter ant means less money in your pocket.

theheavyd

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
LMAO. To maximize ones opportunity, one should delete this app. Matter of fact drive down to Queens Quay west and throw your phone in the river.
Okay, but then how will one pick up an Uber Fare home?

la pulga

Okay, but then how will one pick up an Uber Fare home?
Walk home. all this time in the car would have added couple of pounds to your waist. the exercise will do you well.
Post automatically merged:

bro, you should go to the shitter with your sales pitch. bring a microphone and educate them. most of them won't speak english so bring a translator with you.

Last edited:

theheavyd

this sounds like a sales pitch. Why do you want to help others? I don't think you understand the gig economy. a smarter ant means less money in your pocket.
I enjoy the challenge of building something from scratch. And why wouldn't you want to help others? Providing value and feedback to others can have a huge impact.

The gig economy is only growing so there are so many avenues to maximize opportunity.

phreeradical

I enjoy the challenge of building something from scratch. And why wouldn't you want to help others? Providing value and feedback to others can have a huge impact.

The gig economy is only growing so there are so many avenues to maximize opportunity.
Why not?
The first reason being to keep trade secrets to themselves
Obviously you have your own agenda so you will be hard pressed to find information here directly
There is mountains of information available via search function if you have the energy to do your due diligence

theheavyd

Why not?
The first reason being to keep trade secrets to themselves
Obviously you have your own agenda so you will be hard pressed to find information here directly
There is mountains of information available via search function if you have the energy to do your due diligence
You've got a point there but telling people what write-offs they can now deduct from their tax returns, how to better plan for sick days, or what insurance policies provide good coverage should you get sick or injured- I don't think any of that would constitute as trade secrets?
I am sure the information is out there but it could take weeks or months to gather all the information you could gain at a quick 40 minute info session.

theheavyd

And you want to provide this information free of charge?
Or is your ‘panel of experts’ there to sell insurance and tax prep?
Just be transparent
Yes it would be free of charge.
I’m sure panel of experts would love to build their brands and acquire new customers. But if they are not providing anything enticing or of value, they won’t.
I’m not sure what this is yet but if attendees have everything to gain and nothing to lose by coming out, this could be something epic we’re building here!

dmoney155

Contact @dmoney155 he offer’s a course already!
Tax tips available 24/7 at the Q from @RideshareDog
Insurance from various sources

In the meantime I’ll be over here...

Mine's not free lol.

p.s. No, I would not attend... already wasting enough time on rideshare.

Thanks for the feedback!
I guess my goal would be to put together a master thread to discuss live. I find people tend to share and get more involved this way
What!? there's plenty of sharing going on here... why trying to disrupt a good thing we have going on here? what are the benefits? will you provide free food?.. and if so, will the food be spoiled?

Opportunity for???? yourself?... comeon, at least be honest and tell us what's in it for you, then I might consider it.

You've got a point there but telling people what write-offs they can now deduct from their tax returns, how to better plan for sick days, or what insurance policies provide good coverage should you get sick or injured- I don't think any of that would constitute as trade secrets?
I am sure the information is out there but it could take weeks or months to gather all the information you could gain at a quick 40 minute info session.
So .... what you are telling me is that you are self made tax accountant who sales insurance during the off tax season. No thanks on both accounts.

...., this could be something epic we’re building here!
You want something epic to help this community, please invite the "panel experts" to this site so they can post their wisdom here.

Last edited:

theheavyd

Mine's not free lol.

p.s. No, I would not attend... already wasting enough time on rideshare.

What!? there's plenty of sharing going on here... why trying to disrupt a good thing we have going on here? what are the benefits? will you provide free food?.. and if so, will the food be spoiled?

Opportunity for???? yourself?... comeon, at least be honest and tell us what's in it for you, then I might consider it.
What if the information was not strictly pertaining to Uber? There are other gig economy apps emerging out there that gives you exposure to other industries that don’t require a car or delivering food.

food would be restricted to Costco pop, chips and popcorn unless I can find a sponsor!

dmoney155

What if the information was not strictly pertaining to Uber? There are other gig economy apps emerging out there that gives you exposure to other industries that don’t require a car or delivering food.

food would be restricted to Costco pop, chips and popcorn unless I can find a sponsor!
Still you could post it here, just create own thread..... as for food, that is soooo unhelathy, I want healthy options.... get veggie plates.

But seriously, you should just post here, and be transparent as whats in it for you... i think you would get more support if you were more transparent cuz now you sound like a good 'ol snake oil salesman.

theheavyd

Still you could post it here, just create own thread..... as for food, that is soooo unhelathy, I want healthy options.... get veggie plates.

But seriously, you should just post here, and be transparent as whats in it for you... i think you would get more support if you were more transparent cuz now you sound like a good 'ol snake oil salesman.
the honest truth is that I am looking for the experience and exposure of organizing an event and getting people to show up which is the hardest part. This isn’t an easy task and is a solid foundations for my future aspirations of getting into the tech industry.
There is no hidden agenda or Timeshare I am looking to sell.
I honestly want to start something that people can get value out of and will come back with friends and colleagues to the next event

dmoney155

Already feeling like I'm wasting time doing rideshare, now you want me to waste more time without even getting paid...nah. You want people to show up, you got to give something out. Free food is good start, but also subject matter got to be good. This is ride share, I don't think anyone wants to give up any more time than they do already for this. Sorry.

MUGATS

I think the trouble you’ll find is that most people who have taken the time to find THIS place are also the types that will have taken the time to have figured out how to make Rideshare as advantageous as possible for them. You won’t have many secrets to share that they haven’t found out already on their own.

What you need to find is the real “rubes” who are driving with no clue whatsoever. The ones who aren’t bright enough to seek out their own information with a google search.