Odd queue

Sure

Start rant.

So, I went against my better judgement this morning after dropping someone off at the airport. I went to the lot, pulled in and it was 35-55 mins, quickly went to 22-45 (or something) and I thought, hell, I'll just wait, so I parked. It got to 1-10 and it kicked me from the queue and logged me out, like I missed a ping or something.

I log back in and wait, timer never shows up. After 10 mins I figure something is wrong, I log out and back in, still no queue. I restart my phone, log in again. Get the queue for 35-55 mins again. Goes to 1-10 and I get a X call at terminal 1, I accept it and the network crashed, I missed the ping. Leaves me in the queue for 1-10. A pool ride comes in, and I let it go...I get kicked out of the queue again.

I will never, ever wait at another airport again. I wasted over an hour waiting for nothing. The network is horrible and the queue system is worse.

Rant over.

Mindozas

Were you in lyft que? I noticed always too many lyft drivers at the lot, i always get a faster ping from Uber.
However, I had similar issues even with Uber que. Though it wouldn't take the whole hour.

Chicago88

i never go to ORD lot either...the EXACT same experience you just related (however i got no pings). 2-3 months ago...same BS short wait times, 0-12 minutes, I pull in the lot I get 15-25ish, i figure ok. then I get bounced out of que, log back in suddenly 30-40 minutes. I left, as far as I'm concern the que is a scam to get drivers into the lot. perhaps its accurate on occasion, I'm betting almost never. Uber gives the city $5 for every ORD p/u and drop off...the driver gets empty deadhead miles. Uber needs to add $5 p/u drop off fee for the drivers and cut the city fee to $1

Sure

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It was on Uber, this is the 1st time in weeks waiting, and I was kicking myself all the way back for wasting my time. I knew it was a mistake when I pulled in, wasted the whole 1.7 hour on boost. If I just drove back in, I would have found something on the way coming back in.

Chicago88

i used the destination filter twice after exiting the airport after a ORD drop off...I used Willis Tower as my destination (btw no driver can use destination filter in the ord waiting lot) - first time i used it I got a ping at river road - hotel pax going all the way downtown (score!) the second time i used it I get pinged to norridge (9 minutes away) for a 0.8 mile ride...I learned a little, but hung in there with destination filter still on I get pinged to Park Ridge (8 minutes back the other way) 0.6 miles ride to the blue line stop. DONE! 40 minutes and still stuck near O'Hare but $7 dollars richer - if I don't include gas which was about $2 worth.

WestSubDriver

i never go to ORD lot either...the EXACT same experience you just related (however i got no pings). 2-3 months ago...same BS short wait times, 0-12 minutes, I pull in the lot I get 15-25ish, i figure ok. then I get bounced out of que, log back in suddenly 30-40 minutes. I left, as far as I'm concern the que is a scam to get drivers into the lot. perhaps its accurate on occasion, I'm betting almost never. Uber gives the city $5 for every ORD p/u and drop off...the driver gets empty deadhead miles. Uber needs to add $5 p/u drop off fee for the drivers and cut the city fee to $1
Unfortunately, the TNPs have no control over the city fee. That is a strict pass-through to the city for their pound of flesh. The TNP ordinance requires them to pay the city $5 for any pick-up or drop-off at the airports, Navy Pier or McCormick. Uber/Lyft charge it to the passenger and remit it to the city. With the revisions passed in June, that fee now goes up to $5.40. But, hey, the current surcharge they have to pay to the city for every other ride of $0.50 is going down to $0.40. And, again, that is a fee they just collect from the passenger and give to the city.

Last edited:

GlenviewKid

Start rant.

So, I went against my better judgement this morning after dropping someone off at the airport. I went to the lot, pulled in and it was 35-55 mins, quickly went to 22-45 (or something) and I thought, hell, I'll just wait, so I parked. It got to 1-10 and it kicked me from the queue and logged me out, like I missed a ping or something.

I log back in and wait, timer never shows up. After 10 mins I figure something is wrong, I log out and back in, still no queue. I restart my phone, log in again. Get the queue for 35-55 mins again. Goes to 1-10 and I get a X call at terminal 1, I accept it and the network crashed, I missed the ping. Leaves me in the queue for 1-10. A pool ride comes in, and I let it go...I get kicked out of the queue again.

I will never, ever wait at another airport again. I wasted over an hour waiting for nothing. The network is horrible and the queue system is worse.

Rant over.
Had this same thing happen - kick like a missed ping and all. Try killing WIFI on your phone and just keep the cellular enabled while in that lot - seemed to fix it for me at least. That lot is evil and the cell towers around it are too!

Charlie86

I came in at a 40 minute wait and immediately got a ping, I did however drop someone off from an arrival though. does uber put priority on people who have been grinding the airport fares?

Scurvy

I came in at a 40 minute wait and immediately got a ping, I did however drop someone off from an arrival though. does uber put priority on people who have been grinding the airport fares?
NO!!

BTW...Can the Taxis get there sh#t together. The hold up traffic on Bessie Coleman drive waiting for their cue. Plus they are using the Rideshare driveway.