Odd app behavior!

David Black

Did you find it odd that whenever you turn the app on, Uber punishes you for having it off for a while and won't send you a job right away but rather make you wait a half an hour or more despite being in a busy location? They will also start you off with a pool. I only started noticing this in the last 2 to three months. Maybe it's just me..

It's just you
And your strategy
And your positioning
And your timing
And your refusal or inability to make the algo dance the way that you see fit
If this is your chief concern then you're already dead
Leave your badges with the secretary on your way out

David Black

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's just you
And your strategy
And your positioning
And your timing
You might be right Bubba!

Wex

Did you find it odd that whenever you turn the app on, Uber punishes you for having it off for a while and won't send you a job right away but rather make you wait a half an hour or more despite being in a busy location? They will also start you off with a pool. I only started noticing this in the last 2 to three months. Maybe it's just me..
It just happens once in a while. I have waited that long before and got good trips that made up for it. Sometimes you lose out but you have to go out for at least 3 or 4 hours to really see what happens.
Could also be your location. Do you have cell service where you wait for your first ride?

David Black

It just happens once in a while. I have waited that long before and got good trips that made up for it. Sometimes you lose out but you have to go out for at least 3 or 4 hours to really see what happens.
Could also be your location. Do you have cell service where you wait for your first ride?
It might be that there are WAY TOO MANY uber drivers around me. Sometimes I launch the passenger app and see at least 12 to 17 drivers in my area. Thanks for your reply, I appreciate it.

David Black

the algorithm is corrupt. period. know it for a fact.
For sure it is! The App functions WILL REWARD the drivers who drive the full 14 to 16 hours daily and will punish those who shut it down in a sketchy neighborhood. I gotta tell you, I always turn the app off whenever I am in an area where I'm not comfortable. Safety have no price!

bobby747

david not really. it can work both ways. if you are a boy scout and take all rides and cancel 1 or 2..they will get u shit rides.
if u are a long trip low acceptance driver who only does long trips...you may get alot of long trips only. trust me on this.
from day one it's been like this. got to hope you on it's good side.
why do you think if you got a $15 surge and it goes away you cant get a ride..
algorithm dont want to give you one...its all about the $$$$

David Black

david not really. it can work both ways. if you are a boy scout and take all rides and cancel 1 or 2..they will get u shit rides.
if u are a long trip low acceptance driver who only does long trips...you may get alot of long trips only. trust me on this.
from day one it's been like this. got to hope you on it's good side.
why do you think if you got a $15 surge and it goes away you cant get a ride..
algorithm dont want to give you one...its all about the $$$$
I noticed that! I guess I am not going to be a scout anymore! Miss the time I drove to Brooklyn at 2:00 am with no traffic!!

bobby747

I am just short of pro b.s by a few points.
i hate the x.l pickups 5 miles away to go 4 blocks...i may never make pro.
the most important factor to to earn money...that's why i do it...screw that pro. gimack.great features. but not needed

rondog2400

I don't know where your @ , but I get 4 rides a hour non stop in Philly.. but the rating system is @@@@ed up..
Post automatically merged:

How the @@@@ can you get like 50 -5 stars and then get 1-2 , 4 stars and the rating drops , Its getting on my nerves , They keep saying your almost Gold .. I get to 4.84 then that 4 star comes and back to 4.83 .. wtf , I know we shouldn't worry about @@@@@@@ pax but give me a @@@@ing break

the most important factor to to earn money...that's why i do it...screw that pro. gimack.great features. but not needed
Isn't everybody Uber pro ? What's your rating ?

Last edited:

bobby747

I am not that great only 4.89.. city people kill ratings. I was 4.91 1 week ago.
I think avg hardworking driver in city can except to be from 4.77 to 4.83... never sweat your ratings.
I was 4.81 forever. as most paid high surge
and took it out on me...
I think uber gives us higher ratings for driver retention imho..
same with passengers rated falsely to not ride lyft and truck.
I am 77 acc....04 cancel ratings gold but not unlocked to see directions. I dont need it.os it good . sure.. but at what price drive 6 miles in city to maintain it...buck that

rondog2400

I just shot up to 4.84 , I did 28 rides from 9pm last night till 11am this morning , I stopped every couple hours and turned the app off ,, I went from center city to mainline to North philly to upper darby and a couple airport trips..lol

I am not that great only 4.89.. city people kill ratings. I was 4.91 1 week ago.
I think avg hardworking driver in city can except to be from 4.77 to 4.83... never sweat your ratings.
and took it out on me...
I am 77 acc....04 cancel ratings gold but not unlocked to see directions. I dont need it.os it good . sure.. but at what price drive 6 miles in city to maintain it...buck that
I think i will pass gold and jump to platinum if i get to 4.85 or above , i got 589 points so far..

I just shot up to 4.84 , I did 28 rides from 9pm last night till 11am this morning , I stopped every couple hours and turned the app off ,, I went from center city to mainline to North philly to upper darby and a couple airport trips..lol

I think i will pass gold and jump to platinum if i get to 4.85 or above , i got 589 points so far..
I screwed up when i first started doing Uber that hurt my ratings , I only have a 1 % cancellation rate , 88% Acceptance rate

and took it out on me...
You won't unlock gold till 10/31

It's just you
And your strategy
And your positioning
And your timing
Higher ratings mean more money in pocket..

Last edited:

Nitedriver

It's just you
And your strategy
And your positioning
And your timing
waz up with that penis thing ??

cant believe I am on 4.94 with 19k rides...I must be a nice guy ..

Ardery

For sure it is! The App functions WILL REWARD the drivers who drive the full 14 to 16 hours daily and will punish those who shut it down in a sketchy neighborhood. I gotta tell you, I always turn the app off whenever I am in an area where I'm not comfortable. Safety have no price!
and by sketchy area...
upper darby definitely applies.

Reactions: Wex

mch

I joke around about the algorithm but I don't think it intentionally "punishes" or "rewards". Its designed to maximize profit and efficiency. As a driver, sometimes that puts you on the short end of the stick.

I will say I'm not entirely close minded to the theories that it throttles people for short periods of time to keep earnings somewhat level across the board.

Bottom line, I don't know what I'm talking about and Ill continue to sacrifice a live chicken as an offering to the algorithm gods every saturday afternoon in the Ant lot while I'm waiting for my pool ride.