• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Obsessed with my rating. Anyone else?

New driver for Uber but have about 128 trips so far. Up until three days ago I had a five star rating when all of a sudden I got two four stars. Honestly it’s upset me a lot because I try to do everything possible to be the best. I’m starting to let it go now but at what point(percentage) does one need to evaluate what they are doing to up the number of five stars.

Right now I’m sitting at 4.98 and it’s BUGGING the heck out of me.

Michael1230nj

You should be concerned. Most Very Good drivers keep a perfect “5”. Are you chilling the bottled water? I hope you are not providing those cheap mints? Most of the Elite Drivers provide Godiva Chocolates. Well just try harder. in your case im afraid much harder. Remember the Uber Driver Motto. “Money doesn’t matter if it’s at the expense of a 5 star”

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You should be concerned. Most Very Good drivers keep a perfect “5”. Are you chilling the bottled water? I hope you are not providing those cheap mints? Most of the Elite Drivers provide Godiva Chocolates. Well just try harder. in your case im afraid much harder. Remember the Uber Driver Motto. “Money doesn’t matter if it’s at the expense of a 5 star”
Funny guy this one

Z129

-:- * -:- * -:- * -:-
These words may not really register with you just yet, but you need to stop worrying about your ratings.

Keep doing a great job like you are doing now until you get to 500 trips and you'll actually have a good chance at getting back to a solid 5 star rating. But you won't care by then anyways so you'll be content with your 4.80-4.99 rating or whatever it is by then.

JimD

Think about this: if about half your rides are rated (that's me, approx) it will take about 990 some rides to lose those 4s........ do the best you can, be your own harshest critic and biggest cheerleader...... be polite, pleasant, as accommodating as you can be, and definitely know where the hell you're going....lol...... the rest takes care of itself.......... rock on!

BigRedDriver

New driver for Uber but have about 128 trips so far. Up until three days ago I had a five star rating when all of a sudden I got two four stars. Honestly it’s upset me a lot because I try to do everything possible to be the best. I’m starting to let it go now but at what point(percentage) does one need to evaluate what they are doing to up the number of five stars.

If Thomas Edison had the same rating system as Uber, he would be no better than a 2.5.

Just sayin

Alantc

New driver for Uber but have about 128 trips so far. Up until three days ago I had a five star rating when all of a sudden I got two four strs. Honestly it’s upset me a lot because I try to do everything possible to be the best. I’m starting to let it go now but at what point(percentage) does one need to evaluate what they are doing to up the number of five stars.

All these responses on here are right on, also the more you drive the lower your ratings will fall and also rise,

JimD

Ratings are the path to the dark side. Ratings lead to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.
The above - why i love this place!....lol...... but seriously, for those who've never received this advice (i got it here a while back): understand completely how the ratings system works - after you really get it you should be able find a way to quickly get over the few bad ratings that are inevitable......

reg barclay

These words may not really register with you just yet, but you need to stop worrying about your ratings.

Keep doing a great job like you are doing now until you get to 500 trips and you'll actually have a good chance at getting back to a solid 5 star rating. But you won't care by then anyways so you'll be content with your 4.80-4.99 rating or whatever it is by then.
I agree with you fully. My rating is pretty high, with nothing to worry about. But as hard as I try, I still find myself taking sneaky peaks to see if anyone downrated me recently, and getting slightly hurt if they did. I've been through much therapy here on UP, and it's gotten much better. But I still suffer somewhat from rating addiction :confusion: .

Z129

-:- * -:- * -:- * -:-
I agree with you fully. My rating is pretty high, with nothing to worry about. But as hard as I try, I still find myself taking sneaky peaks to see if anyone downrated me recently, and getting slightly hurt if they did. I've been through much therapy here on UP, and it's gotten much better. But I still suffer somewhat from rating addiction :confusion: .
Last night's new episode of American Dad was about an Uber/Lyft driver who sought revenge after Fran and Steve gave him a 4-star rating. And amazingly the driver wasn't just Roger in a wig.

Lissetti

Rebel Honey Badger
Article Manager

Hi @Uberindallas.

Welcome to the forum. Congratulations on you stellar ratings, but what is far more important than your Golden Ant status....

Golden Ant Trophy.jpg

Is having a good quality dash cam mounted in your car and running at all times you are on duty. The reason is because even though right now you are getting pax who have no problem tipping you for being highly rated, there are also those pax out there who don't want to pay for an Uber ever. These are the ones who will lie to Uber/ Lyft and say you were driving impaired. Its probably the number one "Help! What do I do?" thread here at UberPeople.

The dash cam won't save you from getting the mandatory 2 days off unpaid while Uber/ Lyft "investigates" but it can save you from being permanently deactivated.

(This is just one of many...)