• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Obama highway..

Wil_Iam_Fuber'd

Do you think the robots will care what the roads are named? In the coming AV/AI world would anything be more irrelevant.

AllenChicago

It must drive visitors crazy when the radio traffic report says, "The IKE is 35 minutes to downtown, and the Ryan is 28 minutes to the circle... Avoid the Edens and hop on the Kennedy, after the merge.. etc.

drummerboy

Not that im angered but it seems that basically 3 lanes to service DT to NW metro and Ord is really not enough. Really wonder if anyone agrees. Also, the merge is a terrible design of course it will bottleneck!. However, lake shore dr is quite an impressive road in design and always seems to keep moving nicely for the most part.

Jinxstone

Not that im angered but it seems that basically 3 lanes to service DT to NW metro and Ord is really not enough. Really wonder if anyone agrees. Also, the merge is a terrible design of course it will bottleneck!. However, lake shore dr is quite an impressive road in design and always seems to keep moving nicely for the most part.
There were about 5 million fewer people in the area when they built it. I don't think anyone imagined there would be so many people and cars here. Still, you're right and I would like to take a whiz on the grave of the architect.

leroy jenkins

extra lane is planned from Cumberland to Harlem---it's in design phase right now.

and there are only 3 lanes because in the 50's/60's that area wasn't full of poor white (Greeks/Italians) and poor black people.

Any neighborhood w/poor blacks or poor whites---South Side, Near West Side/Little Italy get totally bulldozed by the Daley Machine and replaced w/8+ lanes and a big as____ median.

http://interactive.wbez.org/curiouscity/eisenhower/

drummerboy

extra lane is planned from Cumberland to Harlem---it's in design phase right now.

and there are only 3 lanes because in the 50's/60's that area wasn't full of poor white (Greeks/Italians) and poor black people.

Any neighborhood w/poor blacks or poor whites---South Side, Near West Side/Little Italy get totally bulldozed by the Daley Machine and replaced w/8+ lanes and a big as____ median.

http://interactive.wbez.org/curiouscity/eisenhower/
Yeah the right lane ends at cumberland kinda a slap in the face to me and first time on that road i exited on Cumblerand like an idiot

Big median..like Ashland comes to mind.

They should rename those big medians "trash bin for crashed car parts"