Oakland airport pickup

The-one-89

I am uberx. Am I allowed to do pickups at Oakland airport. Uber only sent me that orange tag paper but it says SFO. I emailed them and they said i cam use that to pickup it should be fine. But it clearly says SFO. and the rules to it. I emailed them again for details on how it works but i haven't headback. Can we pick up if so where do we wait. How long is a normal wait time there? Any more info you guys can help me with?

Moo Moo

I pick up 1-3 times at OAK and I drop off at OAK 1-2 times almost every day that I drive Uber.
I have driven paxs from OAK to SFO (pax's flight was diverted from SFO to OAK and they need to get to SFO), Vallejo, Napa, San Jose, within Oakland, Berkeley, Walnut Creek, Pacifica and of course San Francisco. My fares from OAK have ranged from $15 to $85 (UberX) and $150 (UberXL).

Always contact the pax before leaving your parked location in wait zone before driving to 2E to confirm that the pax is already at 2E or they will be there by the time you arrive at 2E. I have had one pax who requested Uber while he was still on the airplane after landing, a couple of paxs who were at Terminal 2 and they had trouble finding 2E (2nd Curb), and a few pickups requested by the pax's relative/friend not at the airport. I always ask the paxs what are they wearing for identification and I tell them that I would turn on my "double blinkers"/hazard lights when I approach 2E.

Answers to your questions:
1. Airport TNC permit valid through Feb 29, 2016.
2. Pickup at OAK is only permitted at 2E. If you are caught by Alameda County Sheriff picking up other than 2E, you could be issued a ticket ($73) and Uber will not reimburse you for the ticket.
3. Wait time within FIFO (First In First Out) wait zone can be immediate to 30 minutes depending on time of day/night and the number of Uber drivers already waiting in wait zone.
http://um-sanfrancisco.squarespace.com/airports/

San Francisco International Airport (SFO)

Update: Your current SFO + OAK permit will work through February 29, 2016

Oakland International Airport (OAK)

Uber has signed an agreement with Oakland International Airport allowing for TNC pickups and dropoffs. Below details apply to all trips, except UberBLACK and SUV. UberBLACK/SUV should have necessary airport permits per OAK rules and regulations to do pickups and dropoffs at OAK.

Pick-ups and Drop-offs
All Uber vehicles are able to drop off passengers curbside at Oakland International Airport outside the terminal doors.

Below are details on where you can wait for Airport Requests and where to meet your rider at the OAK airport. Please read everything below because not following the guidelines below may result in you receiving a citation. Uber will not reimburse any citations received as a result of not following the guidelines explained below.

Partners are required to pick riders up at 2E at the 2nd Curb, separated from the terminal by a traffic island. Please make sure to stay in the left lane while entering Airport Property to enter the area for the 2nd Curb. You will also see signage for the appropriate pick-up zone indicating "Smartphone App. Rides."

Waiting Zones
Airport pickup requests can only be received if you are in the Airport First-In First-Out zone (see the shaded area in the image below). This zone includes an area northwest of the airport, and an area west of Nimitz Fwy, east of Doolittle Dr., and north of Williams St. Airport property is not part of the FIFO zone, and once you drive onto airport property, you will NOT be able to accept new rides.

I pick up 1-3 times at OAK and I drop off at OAK 1-2 times almost every day that I drive Uber.
I have driven paxs from OAK to SFO (pax's flight was diverted from SFO to OAK and they need to get to SFO), Vallejo, Napa, San Jose, within Oakland, Berkeley, Walnut Creek, Pacifica and of course San Francisco. My fares from OAK have ranged from $15 to $85 (UberX) and $150 (UberXL).

Always contact the pax before leaving your parked location in wait zone before driving to 2E to confirm that the pax is already at 2E or they will be there by the time you arrive at 2E. I have had one pax who requested Uber while he was still on the airplane after landing, a couple of paxs who were at Terminal 2 and they had trouble finding 2E (2nd Curb), and a few pickups requested by the pax's relative/friend not at the airport. I always ask the paxs what are they wearing for identification and I tell them that I would turn on my "double blinkers"/hazard lights when I approach 2E.

Answers to your questions:
1. Airport TNC permit valid through Feb 29, 2016.
2. Pickup at OAK is only permitted at 2E. If you are caught by Alameda County Sheriff picking up other than 2E, you could be issued a ticket ($73) and Uber will not reimburse you for the ticket.
3. Wait time within FIFO (First In First Out) wait zone can be immediate to 30 minutes depending on time of day/night and the number of Uber drivers already waiting in wait zone.

San Francisco International Airport (SFO)

Update: Your current SFO + OAK permit will work through February 29, 2016

Oakland International Airport (OAK)

Uber has signed an agreement with Oakland International Airport allowing for TNC pickups and dropoffs. Below details apply to all trips, except UberBLACK and SUV. UberBLACK/SUV should have necessary airport permits per OAK rules and regulations to do pickups and dropoffs at OAK.

Pick-ups and Drop-offs
All Uber vehicles are able to drop off passengers curbside at Oakland International Airport outside the terminal doors.

Below are details on where you can wait for Airport Requests and where to meet your rider at the OAK airport. Please read everything below because not following the guidelines below may result in you receiving a citation. Uber will not reimburse any citations received as a result of not following the guidelines explained below.

Partners are required to pick riders up at 2E at the 2nd Curb, separated from the terminal by a traffic island. Please make sure to stay in the left lane while entering Airport Property to enter the area for the 2nd Curb. You will also see signage for the appropriate pick-up zone indicating "Smartphone App. Rides."

Waiting Zones
Airport pickup requests can only be received if you are in the Airport First-In First-Out zone (see the shaded area in the image below). This zone includes an area northwest of the airport, and an area west of Nimitz Fwy, east of Doolittle Dr., and north of Williams St. Airport property is not part of the FIFO zone, and once you drive onto airport property, you will NOT be able to accept new rides.
Thank you

elelegido

I have had one pax who requested Uber while he was still on the airplane after landing,
I've had this too; obviously I have to phone them and tell them that's not how this works, that it's not a meet-and-greet or driver wait type service. Amazing that people can download the app and use it and still not get that it is an on-demand car service.