OAK surge

CNguyen415

I live nearby airport and heading home. Thinking about doing 1 ride from there if surge is real. Is it really popping off there or is it glitched like before? Cus i've been seeing it stuck at 2.5X for the longest

CNguyen415

Loving uber manipulating surge. OAK and SJC 2.5X. Then theres SFO, 2-5 cars queue no surge. Are drivers at SFO accepting no surge rides? When they could just let it go and make it surge? I mean the queue is so low

Zdshooter

If you're just nearby that area and have some time to kill, ya, go ahead give it a shot to snatch the "ghost." Even without surge, there are already bunch of mindless ants hovering for the afternoon boost.

REX HAVOC

Saturday I was in Alameda less than 10 minutes away from OAK. It showed there were 3 cars at OAK and the surge was 3.5. So Diggity Dog I went to the airport thinking I'd snag a juicy fare. As soon as I got there Uber put me cue (1-10). Then I watched as the surge on the app went from 3.5 to 2.2 to 1.5 and then it just disappeared in less then 5 minutes. So in this instance I think Uber was using fake surge to increase their coverage in case there was demand. Not always the case but often times it is.

Last edited:

Misunderstood Pirate

Saturday I was in Alameda less than 10 minutes away from OAK. It showed there were 3 cars at OAK and the surge was 3.5. So Diggity Dog I went to the airport thinking I'd snag a juicy fare. As soon as I got there Uber put me cue (1-10). Then I watched as the surge on the app went from 3.5 to 2.2 to 1.5 and then it just disappeared in less then 5 minutes. So in this instance I think Uber was using fake surge to increase there coverage in case there was demand. Not always the case but often times it is.
Yep

mrhits

Saturday I was in Alameda less than 10 minutes away from OAK. It showed there were 3 cars at OAK and the surge was 3.5. So Diggity Dog I went to the airport thinking I'd snag a juicy fare. As soon as I got there Uber put me cue (1-10). Then I watched as the surge on the app went from 3.5 to 2.2 to 1.5 and then it just disappeared in less then 5 minutes. So in this instance I think Uber was using fake surge to increase their coverage in case there was demand. Not always the case but often times it is.

lol...yup. I've fallen for this uber trick many times. My greed gets the better of me, in my head I say "It is probably real this time". Although, last night I did get a 1.6X to Pleasanton, which was a cool $75.

leeo268

I think it is real. I was in the area and got a ping to the airport for 2.5 surges even though I had not finished my current trip and not on airport waiting area. I suspect these surge are created by a sudden surge in demand from a big flight arrival. However, this surge is exhausted very quickly when people refused to pay the high prices and decided to wait or ride Bart, and the mass of ants swarming to the airport.
Therefore, I mostly ignore airport surge. If I got lucky with a rematch or ping from airport surge, then I will take advantage of it.
I heard that some savvy drivers check what flight are arriving and predict a big surge. They will wait and go online when the big surge come.

UberAnt39

Always fake at OAK. Then moron pax aren't at the pickup kerb AND think you'll wait for them to get there, at their leisure.

nash801

Right now Mon Sep 11 6-45pm oak airport is 5.0x surge

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-09-11-18-46-09.png
    Screenshot_2017-09-11-18-46-09.png
    72.9 KB · Views: 30
  • Screenshot_2017-09-11-18-46-01.png
    Screenshot_2017-09-11-18-46-01.png
    81.2 KB · Views: 26

Philbert

Haha 138 Ants are currently in queue drooling at the 5.0x Surge that they will never collect on. There really needs to be a labor law against this. Actually, I'm sure there are, but Uber will profit more off lying and exploiting drivers than they will pay in lawsuits.

I'm sure the ants will love it when it takes them 3 hours to get to 1-10 in line, and then they get non stop pool requests going from Hertz to Terminal 1 with no surge. It amazes me that people sit there on 98th and do those pickups all day without running the numbers.

Last edited:

Goduckies

I do them when que is 30 or less and I need a break... works pretty well, get half hour or so break for food and bathroom

Also check flight aware to make sure when flights are coming in