O.C guarantee

BornAgain81

What's up everyone?

So I just got this incentive from fuber,
27$ per hour from 3pm-7pm . Must maintain 1.5 rides per hour and 70 % trips must start on the O.C.
my question is can I just do 2 shorties per hour then log off asap? Rinse and repeat to maintain the requirement?
Or do i need to be logged in for the whole 4 hours? Thoughts if this is worth it.

Last edited:

kes1981

Do a bunch of short rides and when you have enough for the full guarantee then you stay logged in and hide out until the guarantee is over

So you need 6 rides to get the full guarantee, once you get 6 just remain logged in.

SandyD

Do I need to be logged in for the entire period, or can I log in late, and try to do 2 shorties in the last hour? I have a day job till 6pm tomorrow - can I get the guarantee for just last hour (6-7)?

omarciano

SandyD , as long as you meet the requirements (1.5 trips per he) you'll be paid exactly how long you are logged on. If you log off, you won't be paid for that time. For example, let's say you give 3 rides and are logged on for a total of 1 hr 40 min. You qualify because you met the requirement which entitles you to $27 x 1.6 = $43.20 however, if you complete 3 rides and are logged on for 2 hr and 10 min, you won't qualify since the avg is no longer 1.5 trips per hr. This applies to the entire guarantee period.
Hope this helps.

OCuber

Do a bunch of short rides and when you have enough for the full guarantee then you stay logged in and hide out until the guarantee is over

So you need 6 rides to get the full guarantee, once you get 6 just remain logged in.
Should be able to bang more than that anyway during those hours...but thats right...hit 6 rides and head to a dead spot like JWA or the hills. Run the clock down....drive slowly.

Jake2016

What's up everyone?

27$ per hour from 3pm-7pm . Must maintain 1.5 rides per hour and 70 % trips must start on the O.C.
my question is can I just do 2 shorties per hour then log off asap? Rinse and repeat to maintain the requirement?
Or do i need to be logged in for the whole 4 hours? Thoughts if this is worth it.
It is gimmicky. During these hours, you can make as much or even more, if you work more strategically.

Jake2016

That's how noobs are killing and will be killing a surge in Laguna Beach and other beach towns in OC during this guarantee.

Please turn off your damn apps and wait till a surge starts and builds up in those places. YOU DONT NEED TO WORK AT A REGULAR RATE AFTER 9:00 PM IN BEACH TOWNS.

Attachments

Last edited:

The LAwnmower

I think it is worth it. Come in hot tomorrow than slowly ease up on the gas pedal.

What's up everyone?

Too Many Miles

What's up everyone?

Usually in OC with those guaranties it means that it is going to be busy and that there will be a lot of surge so with rides you will be making about that amount.
They guarantee what they estimate you are going to make.
If you hit the guaranteed amount you can stop driving.
If you work all 4 hours they guarantee $108.00, so if you make $80.00 on the first 2 hours and $28.00 total on the last 2 hours then you are done.
Also keep in mind that they do not guarantee $27.00 for you, that is how much they guarantee in fares, you only get $20.25. That is how they get a lot of newbees, using the fare amount sounds better.

Adieu

That's how noobs are killing and will be killing a surge in Laguna Beach and other beach towns in OC during this guarantee.

Please turn off your damn apps and wait till a surge starts and builds up in those places. YOU DONT NEED TO WORK AT A REGULAR RATE AFTER 9:00 PM IN BEACH TOWNS.
Its 3-7 though

Jake2016

Its 3-7 though
What I received from Uber shows additional time windows:

Friday

$27/hr 3pm - 7pm

$28/hr 9pm - midnight

$30/hr midnight - 3am (Sat morning)

Saturday

$29/hr 4pm - 8pm

$32/hr 9pm - midnight

$32/hr midnight - 3am (Sun morning)

Again, it is designed more for newbies to get them driving during the most common surge hours. And it will likely be a surge killer.

Foober_Lyftz

Wow my oc guarantees were considerably less than that. Mine is only 23 hr 3-7 and it tops out at 28hr late Saturday night

Green Porcupine

I find an obvious discrimination here.
That is what Green Porcupine got:
Guaranteed $23/hour in fares, Fri. Jul 29 3pm-7-pm
75% of requests accepted;
25% of requests completed;
1.5 trip/hour minimum;
70% of trips begin in Orange County.

Why GP get $4/hr in short promo?!!!:eek::mad::frown:

Last edited:

SandyD

I got shorted too. I also suspect this promo is in direct response to the Lyft offer for similar times this weekend - mostly at even less, some times MUCH less (starting at $18 Fri 3pm-6pm).

Green Porcupine

FUber heard my complain!!!! New updated.
Fri. $23 3pm-7pm
$24 9pm-midnight
$26 midnight-3am
Sat. $25 4pm-8pm
$28 9pm-3am(Sun.)

Didn't mention where!
:smiles::smiles::smiles:

Last edited:

Jake2016

I got shorted too. I also suspect this promo is in direct response to the Lyft offer for similar times this weekend - mostly at even less, some times MUCH less (starting at $18 Fri 3pm-6pm).
I wouldn't hang up on the numbers offered to you. What they sent out probably depends on your current baseline, to make the proposal relevant to you.

For example, my current baseline is around $30/hour and I would probably make $300-400 net over the weekend anyways, while the guarantee will provide ~$300 net.

As was mentioned earlier, the promotion is gimmicky, as we will self-fund it. On the positive side, it is a sort of guarantee if something goes wrong, but again you still have to meet their requirement.

The long story short, Uber gives away a peanut incentive. Not surprisingly, huh?

Trapper9

I got 35/HR from 2pm till 3am.
Also 200 dollars for 30 trips this weekend. But no where does it say in core areas only. Uber never clarifies. I got paid out for last week and I never went to core LA.

Adieu

What I received from Uber shows additional time windows:

Friday

$27/hr 3pm - 7pm

$28/hr 9pm - midnight

$30/hr midnight - 3am (Sat morning)

Saturday

$29/hr 4pm - 8pm

$32/hr 9pm - midnight

$32/hr midnight - 3am (Sun morning)

Again, it is designed more for newbies to get them driving during the most common surge hours. And it will likely be a surge killer.
Belatedly got the same.

19 trips this week, 22 last week if anybodys trying to figure out the math puzzle