1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

NYE was a bust for me...

Discussion in 'Stories' started by CODenver26, Jan 2, 2016.

1. CODenver26

CODenver26

Driving:
    Lyft
    So all I heard from drivers were "you can make $600 or more easy on NYE!" It was a total bust. Yeah I got requests, but most were 20 min away or just short rides. My last ride on a regular night would have been $20+ for 3 miles at 330 AM, instead under $10 on NYE. Just doesn't make sense. I gave up after 4AM and people didn't tip at all. I even had water too. I've been driving for 6 months and I made less money on NYE than Halloween. I really wish drivers could make more on nights like this. I got texts about "How big it will be" and just a total waste of time. Should've stayed home. Did anyone have any luck in the Denver area?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 2, 2016
  2. Uberette

Uberette

I didn't drive, my hubby didn't want me to, but I drove NY morning and it was surging and extra busy so I feel I didn't miss out on NYE.

3. JimS

JimS

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    'Cause you can't make $600 on Lyft with only 2x surge "primetime". 9.9x on Uber!!

4. Realityshark

Realityshark

Every text that Uber sends is simply lies.