NYC-Seeking information on RENTING OUT my Black SUV /W TLC plates

Inshur

rginfiniti17

I’m an Uber driver and I own a 2017 INFINITI QX60 w TLC plates /w full coverage and I’m looking to RENT THE CAR OUT for six months to a year or possibly even longer.
Can anyone please advise what is the procedure to do so?
What is the ongoing weekly/ monthly ask?
What is customary with insurance coverage, accidents, maintenance and so on and so forth?
Thank you so much!!!

rginfiniti17

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thank you for responding so quickly TomTheAnt!
I’m sorry to be a pain ITB but the link sent took me to “transferring my plate” where I’m interested only in adding someone onto my insurance to drive my car
Did I miss something?
Thank you again!

TomTheAnt

Sigh... That is the New York City section of the site. Your question is VERY New York City related, so the local people there can help you much faster there than here on the national section.

Mtbsrfun

I’m an Uber driver and I own a 2017 INFINITI QX60 w TLC plates /w full coverage and I’m looking to RENT THE CAR OUT for six months to a year or possibly even longer.
What is customary with insurance coverage, accidents, maintenance and so on and so forth?
Thank you so much!!!
Personally I would just rent the plate and not the vehicle; way too much legal headache involved if an accident occurs when $40000 is at stake.

Merc7186

I am just curious what do you think you are going to get per week for renting out htis car?

theitalian

Thank you so much!!!
There are a couple website like my marketplace or shlgreencab where you can put your ad. Btw good luck to find a good driver.

TheTruthHurts

Thank you so much!!!

Usually you gotta have a contract/deed that should be notarized after you and the driver signs it. In the contract it just would state in the event of an accident, based on who’s fault it is, who pays what or how it is worked out. It should also dictate how much you are charging, weekly monthly etc, any deposit paid, any fines incurred and who is responsible, any ez pass fines, who pays maintenance costs (which is usually the owners responsibility), or if the driver pays then when the owner reimburses him. Also these contracts usually also are 6 months valid and a new one should be signed every 6 months. You also gotta keep a copy of their Drivers license, hack, proof of address (usually as recent as 2-4 weeks), and an abstract to see their driving history. You aren’t gonna find a driver that quick for the infiniti if Uber is only allowing X and XL jobs and you expect 450 or more. With business these days, it almost sucks that most drivers will throw low ball offers at you around the 350 range. Based on how much you owe on car payments, with depreciation into consideration and how much you want to profit-do the math and see what works for you. I’d honestly charge $450/week because infinitis are expensive and they suck. Considering its for rideshare, the car will be beaten up quick making your maintenance cost go up as well.

Andrew Dice Clay Two

Thank you so much!!!
I will rent it for 10 years, call me 212 555 1212

rginfiniti17

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
There are a couple website like my marketplace or shlgreencab where you can put your ad. Btw good luck to find a good driver.
😱 (😜) thank you my friend!
Post automatically merged:

Usually you gotta have a contract/deed that should be notarized after you and the driver signs it. In the contract it just would state in the event of an accident, based on who’s fault it is, who pays what or how it is worked out. It should also dictate how much you are charging, weekly monthly etc, any deposit paid, any fines incurred and who is responsible, any ez pass fines, who pays maintenance costs (which is usually the owners responsibility), or if the driver pays then when the owner reimburses him. Also these contracts usually also are 6 months valid and a new one should be signed every 6 months. You also gotta keep a copy of their Drivers license, hack, proof of address (usually as recent as 2-4 weeks), and an abstract to see their driving history. You aren’t gonna find a driver that quick for the infiniti if Uber is only allowing X and XL jobs and you expect 450 or more. With business these days, it almost sucks that most drivers will throw low ball offers at you around the 350 range. Based on how much you owe on car payments, with depreciation into consideration and how much you want to profit-do the math and see what works for you. I’d honestly charge $450/week because infinitis are expensive and they suck. Considering its for rideshare, the car will be beaten up quick making your maintenance cost go up as well.
Thank you

Inshur New York