Nyc limits the # of uber/lyft drivers

hello_melbs

April 1 must have been the planned date to start it, but I read about this ages ago. It made news headlines back in August. NYC driver cap and Uber trying to sue the NYC government for the crackdown.

RoboRider

April 1 must have been the planned date to start it, but I read about this ages ago. It made news headlines back in August. NYC driver cap and Uber trying to sue the NYC government for the crackdown.
Yeah this was a NYC government move that was announced quite a while ago

Vegeta09

Why would uber sue the NYC government over it?

It's not like there aren't enough uber drivers on the road, as it currently stands.

Immoralized

I did one last night in 20 seconds.In the old days I could go for up to 8 minutes before I came. :redface::sneaky:
I just recently learned that Bolt aka Taxify was start up by a 19 year old kid that couldn't cut it in Uni :eek::redface: now a multi billionaire giving Uber a run for it money worldwide.

"Bolt was founded six years ago by a 19-year-old college dropout, Markus Villig.CreditMaxim Mjodov "
“It was just a taxi app in Tallinn; you couldn’t see it was going to be big,” said Rain Rannu, an investor in Estonia who was one of the first to put money into Bolt. As for Mr. Villig, Mr. Rannu said, “he was just out of high school.”

I use to think these kind of things only happened in movies but the real world is even more crazier then any movie!
It does explain why the kid makes a billion mistakes though :roflmao: been a kid.

Head of a multi billion dollar world wide corporation stands a 19 year old. Interesting times indeed.
Makes me want to have a kid that have big balls like him saying stuff Uber & stuff Ola & go to hell Didi I am going to join this club too and be a billionaire! And the kid did it :thumbup:

Last edited:

Apollo

I just recently learned that Bolt aka Taxify was start up by a 19 year old kid that couldn't cut it in Uni :eek::redface: now a multi billionaire giving Uber a run for it money worldwide.

"Bolt was founded six years ago by a 19-year-old college dropout, Markus Villig.CreditMaxim Mjodov "

I use to think these kind of things only happened in movies but the real world is even more crazier then any movie!
It does explain why the kid makes a billion mistakes though :roflmao: been a kid.

Head of a multi billion dollar world wide corporation stands a 19 year old. Interesting times indeed.
Makes me want to have a kid that have big balls like him saying stuff Uber & stuff Ola & go to hell Didi I am going to join this club too and be a billionaire! And the kid did it :thumbup:
The kid might be smart but he is like a robot with no personality whatsoever.