• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

NYC Illegal Street Pick up summons

Inshur

Jeffreynyc

I got a 1,000 summons for an illegal pick up / street hail from an undercover cop at LaGuardia (stupid I know).

Has anyone ever tried to fight it in court?

My worry is that if I do they will give me a higher penalty. Right now I have a perfect record.
And I'm wondering if I could pay less but maybe shouldn't take my chances.
Anyone who knows someone or themselves have been through this please share.

Last edited:

unitxero

UBER Emp #2266971
Illegal pick up? There is a 500 fine for picking up a street hail as FHV and you don't have to make an appearance for that. What exactly was the summons they gave you in the mail say? Did TLC or NYPD give you this?

Limits on Driver Solicitation of Passengers in For-Hire Vehicles.

(1) A Driver of a For-Hire Vehicle must not solicit or pick up Passengers other than by prearrangement through a licensed Base of the class that can dispatch the Driver’s For-Hire
Vehicle or Dispatch Service Provider.

§80-19(c)(1) Fine: First Violation: $500
Second Violation in 24 months: $1500
Third Violation in 36 months: Revocation

Appearance NOT REQUIRED

Jeffreynyc

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks for your response!
It was tlc. It's a summons to appear in court. 1,000 offer for out of court settlement. Up to 10,000 max penalty should I go to court it says

hackco

I got a 1,000 summons for an illegal pick up / street hail from an undercover cop at LaGuardia (stupid I know).

My worry is that if I do they will give me a higher penalty. Right now I have a perfect record.

It may be your first offense, but I bet it's not the first time you did this. Cash or square?

shumacker

And Another One. Lmao

Link_upnyc

Dam! I seen him today at LGA term B and he ran over to me I told " bro dnt even waste your time " and he turned around and walked away. Young dude

JoeJoseph

How are people still falling for this bullshit. I had two different times people off the street tried to get into my car.

NycNYC88

My friend got a 2000$ summons for the same thing at jfk. First time offense. He went to the tlc office and they offered to settle for 1250$. You can maybe try going to tlc office to check if you get another settlement