NYC Commercial Insurance: Any Broker Recommendations??

Inshur

Jorlev

About to buy car and exploring Commercial Insurance options.
I know it's roughly $3500 Liability and $1000 plus for Physical Damage (depending on how much you want)

There are many brokers but they all go through about 5 insurance companies (American and the like)
Can anyone recommend a particular broker who might be able to give a slightly better deal than
some other broker?

Any specifics and why you feel they were better would be greatly appreciated.
Also, any special considerations one should use when choosing a broker.

Thanks!

No_Username

I used the one at the uber office. 4,200 for a 13 Hyundai Sonata full coverage. Pay in full and u get a discount

avagyan

I have clean record but commercially drove only 4 weeks renting @ Tower. Now bought a Camry.. What's the best/right way to look for a best deal for the insurance/broker?

wiseman1125

I second Lone Star brokerage on Steinway St in Queens. Nice friendly people and always helpful.
Only bad thing is their @@@@ed up couch they never replace for some reason

HerbyHerb

Why is insurance premium for taxis not going down? The $4,500/year full coverage with flawless driving record has been the same for years. There are now hundred thousand more taxis in the city and the price should have been half that.

JustDre

Inshur app offered me the cheapest quote. I think they're taking less of a cut to be competitive

inshurWhiz

Sponsor
Why is insurance premium for taxis not going down? The $4,500/year full coverage with flawless driving record has been the same for years. There are now hundred thousand more taxis in the city and the price should have been half that.
Insurance pricing is often a misunderstood topic. Insurance carriers typically file rates based on their loss history and future expected losses for a class of business - eg taxi, livery, black car, etc. Having more vehicles on the road wouldn't necessarily drop the price - if anything, it may actually make losses higher if there are more inexperienced drivers getting into accidents for example. But I will have to say that because there are more vehicles on the road in NYC, there is now much more competition to capture the market - which tends to drop rates. One of the things we are trying to do with our app is make pricing transparent and to make sure drivers get all the discounts that they are eligible for.

abetanoli

insurance guys at uber offices are so unprofessional... i know it is a bit difficult with this whole insurance business but id rather deal wih someone who wouldnt act like they are doing us a favor...

JoeJoseph

insurance guys at uber offices are so unprofessional... i know it is a bit difficult with this whole insurance business but id rather deal wih someone who wouldnt act like they are doing us a favor...
One of them hung up on me because she thought my case was to complicated for her lol

Inshur New York