NY Times piece on Amazon, story worth attention.

Huberis

If you are an Uber driver concerned about the effect of corporate culture on your day to day working life as an Uber pard'ner, this story is probably worth your time and consideration.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/16/t...g-big-ideas-in-a-bruising-workplace.html?_r=0

Here is another op ed piece from the mostly worthess Forbes magazine expressing yet again why it is mostly worthless. The author claims to provide some sort of "rest of the story" "page two"..... It goes nowhere, I provide the link for comedy.

Uber has been mentioned on the radio today as another like minded example of corporate hoggishness (my word). I doubt this story alone will change the way consumers relate to Amazon. I might help force them to change the way the relate to their employees. If a similar story came out concerning Uber and other so called "startups" aging though they may be...... That might create some kind of traction.

Gemgirlla

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/16/t...g-big-ideas-in-a-bruising-workplace.html?_r=0

Noteworthy quotes from article:

"At Amazon, workers are encouraged to tear apart one another’s ideas in meetings, toil long and late (emails arrive past midnight, followed by text messages asking why they were not answered), and held to standards that the company boasts are “unreasonably high.” The internal phone directory instructs colleagues on how to send secret feedback to one another’s bosses. Employees say it is frequently used to sabotage others. (The tool offers sample texts, including this: “I felt concerned about his inflexibility and openly complaining about minor tasks.”)"

"Many of the newcomers filing in on Mondays may not be there in a few years. The company’s winners dream up innovations that they roll out to a quarter-billion customers and accrue small fortunes in soaring stock. Losers leave or are fired in annual cullings of the staff — “purposeful Darwinism,” one former Amazon human resources director said. Some workers who suffered from cancer, miscarriages and other personal crises said they had been evaluated unfairly or edged out rather than given time to recover."

Only the sickest of people (mentally), would work at Amazon under these conditions. Clearly, run by a megalomaniac (Bezos). Reminds me of what it is like in a factory in China...

I definitely won't be using Amazon again...