NWI kid trying to be Chicago bound

munlochi

Signed up for Uber a few weeks back. Read the forums and everyone suggesting to make sure that you get signed up for Chicago as well. Went to the mechanic for the inspection. Sent it in and was approved for Chicago. Now here is where I'm at.

I live in Munster. On 4 occasions I've turned it on leaving home and have gotten pings right away. Eventually I make my way to Chicago. I've turned it off, turned it back on, deleted the app, added it. Everything. I know the app works cause it pings in Indiana. 12 hours in Chicago not a single ping. Prime hours, in surge areas. Nothing.

Support is a joke. One person tells me I'm approved everything else looks fine, another tells me to delete, turn off everything, another tells me I need to do this.

Is this how it always is?

Tonight: Left house got a ping in Munster, $4.24 drive, 6.5 hours in Chicago 0 pings, on the way home get into munster ping for $20.00 drive. 7.5 hours $24.24

Iphone 6: Bluetooth off, wifi off, cache cleaned, installed, reinstalled, turned on, turned off.

Please advise. I want to do this but damn frustrating.

HHTJ

id say go to the chicago local office and figure it out. they might be able to do something if you show up as a person.
but at the same time, the money is not there no more around here so idk, i stopped driving since december.

uberernie

Signed up for Uber a few weeks back. Read the forums and everyone suggesting to make sure that you get signed up for Chicago as well. Went to the mechanic for the inspection. Sent it in and was approved for Chicago. Now here is where I'm at.

I live in Munster. On 4 occasions I've turned it on leaving home and have gotten pings right away. Eventually I make my way to Chicago. I've turned it off, turned it back on, deleted the app, added it. Everything. I know the app works cause it pings in Indiana. 12 hours in Chicago not a single ping. Prime hours, in surge areas. Nothing.

Support is a joke. One person tells me I'm approved everything else looks fine, another tells me to delete, turn off everything, another tells me I need to do this.

Is this how it always is?

Tonight: Left house got a ping in Munster, $4.24 drive, 6.5 hours in Chicago 0 pings, on the way home get into munster ping for $20.00 drive. 7.5 hours $24.24

Iphone 6: Bluetooth off, wifi off, cache cleaned, installed, reinstalled, turned on, turned off.

Please advise. I want to do this but damn frustrating.
Honestly, sounds like you could just stay in Munster and drive and be better off.

But I have no clue why the app wouldn't function properly just because you crossed the Illinois border.

munlochi

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks for the response. It took a long time for Uber to admit something was up but they did get it fixed. I'm driving everywhere now. Only bad part is I've yet to see any promos or incentives and Ive had a decent amount of runs. The goal is $4500 by birthday in June. Extra spending cash and I'll probably be done

kingearwig

You want $4500? Are going to take your gas money out of this pot as you go? If so you will have to put about 450 hours in. Also assuming 30 mph average you will have to accumulate 5000 trip miles in Chicago to achieve $4500 before gasoline and the depreciation of you vehicle. At an average of 10 miles per trip(you will never hit that average) you will have to do 500 trips.​

kingearwig

Realistically if you drive smart 8 hours a day 5 days a week you can clear about $500 a week in Chicago after gas and tolls.

munlochi

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
kingearwig,

thanks so much for taking the time to respond especially with all the data you supplied. i really appreciate it. yeah I'm looking to make $4500 net by the end of June. right now i have nothing but time on my hands so I can put the requisite hours in. it seems like if i do the work and learn how to eliminate dead miles that i could do it after expenses.

the one question i have for you, and i'll admit im a newb (23 drives), i've yet to see any sort of incentives or promotions. do you recall when or if you started seeing those? I am listed as NW Indiana but with the Chicago ability classification. I go to Chicago primarily now. Gosh even if its just a little bump I'd help right? I messaged about it but I could have stopped at the Brookfield Zoo dropped a message off with the monkeys and gotten a better response then support.

thanks again.

kingearwig

I tried for weeks to get promotions in Chicago. I think it can be done but your acceptance rate has to stay above 80%. I'm not willing to do that. I will not do Uber poop rides. The promotions are not very good anyway.