• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

NUMBER one thing uber and lyft could do to make this much better for drivers

first. driver gets a minimum of $5 for EVERY RIDE. even the short ones. ...this $2.56 crap just frustrates people and creates bad attitudes.

second, always show where the trip is to. show where the rider is going and let the driver decide if he wants it or not. if we are truly independent contractors, then this is the right thing to do. i should have a choice, if i want to take a ride or not, but i need this info before i decide. doing this, the market would charge what the true value for a ride is. people would get used to it and pay. this would make this a totally different job and not such a shitty one. sure, there would be a longer wait for the rider to get picked up, but the market would require that they pay more for the short trips. supply and demand.

AngelAdams

first. driver gets a minimum of $5 for EVERY RIDE. even the short ones. ...this $2.56 crap just frustrates people and creates bad attitudes.

second, always show where the trip is to. show where the rider is going and let the driver decide if he wants it or not. if we are truly independent contractors, then this is the right thing to do. i should have a choice, if i want to take a ride or not, but i need this info before i decide. doing this, the market would charge what the true value for a ride is. people would get used to it and pay. this would make this a totally different job and not such a shitty one. sure, there would be a longer wait for the rider to get picked up, but the market would require that they pay more for the short trips. supply and demand.
If they paid $5 minimum then the $5 will become the $3 in your psyche. Reality minimum should be atleast $15-20!
Lyft has gradually lowered pay from the day they opened their doors.
anyone who starts today is a fool compared to someone that strayed a year ago and so on.
They understand how the mind works and are fully willing to manipulate their employees.

Rolling Sunset

That sounds great. Remember that riders will scam the app. They will put in a long destination. Once the ride starts they will change the destination to a shorty. No different than moving the PIN outside of the surge zone.