NSW Taxi Zones at Norwest metro stations

WestSydGuy

Has anybody seen a taxi zone used by a taxi yet, at Rouse Hill, Tallawong, Kellyville, Bella Vista, Norwest or Cherrybrook, metro stations? There is around 6-8 prime parking spots, reserved for taxi's. Just wondering if anybody has even heard of a taxi using these spots, as I have never seen a taxi use them since the metro opened a couple of months ago.

Perhaps this is an opportunity for some branded Uber/Ola/Bolt pickup signs to be installed?

I suspect taxi's avoid Norwest generally, for example, I picked up an Uber PAX in Rouse Hill Town Centre a few weeks ago, the PAX said they waited 30 minutes for a taxi to appear, they had a walking frame due to a disability FYI, started to freeze in the cold, tried Uber for the first time, I was 2 minutes away and came in 2 minutes. At least 4 other Ubers were in the town centre at the time. It was a trip to a couple of suburbs away, maybe 6km, perhaps not a tasty enough cherry for the taxi drivers to pick up the job.

Mulder99

Has anybody seen a taxi zone used by a taxi yet, at Rouse Hill, Tallawong, Kellyville, Bella Vista, Norwest or Cherrybrook, metro stations? There is around 6-8 prime parking spots, reserved for taxi's. Just wondering if anybody has even heard of a taxi using these spots, as I have never seen a taxi use them since the metro opened a couple of months ago.

Perhaps this is an opportunity for some branded Uber/Ola/Bolt pickup signs to be installed?

I suspect taxi's avoid Norwest generally, for example, I picked up an Uber PAX in Rouse Hill Town Centre a few weeks ago, the PAX said they waited 30 minutes for a taxi to appear, they had a walking frame due to a disability FYI, started to freeze in the cold, tried Uber for the first time, I was 2 minutes away and came in 2 minutes. At least 4 other Ubers were in the town centre at the time. It was a trip to a couple of suburbs away, maybe 6km, perhaps not a tasty enough cherry for the taxi drivers to pick up the job.
not many taxis up nth west

they are either hanging out castle towers rank or pennant hills station

Lidcombe

I have women regularly complain to me about taxis refusing them rides from train stations to home because they are only short trips... 5 minutes in the cab can still be a 20 minute walk home for a female alone late at night.

fields

I use Tallawong from time to time late at night, never seen a taxi there. What happened to the old saying, use it or lose it.

People don't want to use taxis and taxis don't want to hang out for hours on those ranks for a $10 fare. So why does the RMS still insist on creating taxi ranks?

WestSydGuy

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
People don't want to use taxis and taxis don't want to hang out for hours on those ranks for a $10 fare. So why does the RMS still insist on creating taxi ranks?
This is what I’m wondering each time I try to park there and see empty parking spots.

President

Are you a nark watching whether any taxis stopping at these taxi zones? Taxis could have come and went when you wasn’t around
Post automatically merged:

Get a life and stop wasting garbage

WestSydGuy

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I’ve no idea what Pres said, but I’d suggest other members don’t read or reply to him :thumbup:

Coastie

I’ve no idea what Pres said, but I’d suggest other members don’t read or reply to him :thumbup:
If you click on a Member's name and/or avatar, you can then select "Ignore". Feckin' wonderful service. Some other member told me about it recently, due to a similar thought on my part. Paying it forward now, since I never have to see that particular troll, or a couple other mofos, anymore. ?????? ??????

Oh, which also means, I have no idea, either, lol ??????? ???????

ST DYMPHNA son

...stop giving pResident hard time...he is good looking and big, his IQ crushed "thru the floor" to the next level,he is the smartest of all in his asylum (excluding non-Residents)...

...show some respect to pResident and his best friend Mr. Napoleon...